0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I should've watched Gotham tonight.
    0%

It wasn't too bad. This ep revolved around anger issues, and how to control it. But because of this, things took on an Hallmarky tone again.

It was interesting to see the relationship between Cat and her mother though.... seeing how they're so similar to each other yet they get along like a house on fire.

Comment

Really liked this ep. Liked how Cat took Kara out for drinks when Kara exploded in anger & later defended her to her mother. Liked Kara using her anger to defeat Red Faced. Kara standing up to Cat & Lucy standing up to her father. Kara & Jimmy punching out their anger. Would have given it a 10 till Kara lost her powers. Wtf, six episodes in and already Kara loses her powers. From what, a little originally please.

Comment

I found myself fast forwarding through some of the scenes not directly involving Supergirl. I am trying to stick through for the newer episodes since it got picked up to see if any of the issues get resolved and the writing gets better. I may end up just DVRing it and see what others think before giving anymore time this show.

Comment

Pretty average episode with the usual flaws. The plot thread about Supergirl's anger was fine, but it got really lost in a sea of love triangles and nonstop feministic platitudes. In regards to the latter, the show is pretty clear on what its premise is. They don't have to hammer the viewer over the head with it!

Red Tornado looked ok. Hope that's the last we see of him.

I wasn't a big fan of Cat Grant, but, after seeing her mother, I have a newfound respect for her. We certainly could have done worse!

The Alex-Maxwell thing feels unnecessary and just another example of the show overloading on the romantic factor (reminds me a bit of Caitlin and Jay on the Flash).

The episode ended quite promisingly. The cliffhanger about Jeremiah was intriguing, as was Kara losing her powers.

Comment

This was a standard Supergirl episode aka the sort of episode that they will need to churn out regularly to fill out the full-order season they now have. It was consistent in terms of the action, drama, intrigue, romance, etc. The something-for-everyone formula on a Big Three (Four, if we're counting Fox) network show

I'd have to dock marks on two things. The first being the 'Thanksgiving with the Grants' Hallmark Channel-y tone to this whole episode (and much of the series so far). All the overt messaging needs to be scaled back. Someone needs to tell them: Subtlety is a good thing, the hammer-on-anvil stuff isn't.

While I'm fine with Cat's character and understand she's evolving into Kara's mentor/"life coach" role, and Calista's totally selling it ... but they do need to dial it down a notch in the series.

The other irksome detail is the alleged intrigue around Hank himself and his true identity, not so much Hank/DEO and the Danvers mystery. How many times are this guy's eyes going to glow red with nothing else happening or revealed -- is it just in case people missed it the first half dozen times it's happened?? I'm sorry, the novelty/shock of the teases has worn off and all the off-air speculation in the world isn't going to make me that excited about it. What I get out of it -- he's not who he appears to be. That's it. Yeah, his story is pretty much going to have to knock it out of the park before I buy into the hype and buzz.

Originally posted by costas22
            The Alex-Maxwell thing feels unnecessary and just another example of the show overloading on the romantic factor (reminds me a bit of Caitlin and Jay on the Flash).
            Yeah, I don't see why everyone on the show needs to be caught up in a ship/potential ship/ship on-deck. Proof that this sort of crap is built into the DNA of the SuperFlarrowverse. And now Alex and Maxwell are also joining the love boat, tickets bought and awaiting their boarding pass. The Caitlin-Jay thing they were angling on Flash made little sense and was evidence that the other shoe has indeed dropped on Flash. Flash may be superior at the moment on several fronts compared to both Arrow and Supergirl, but on this they're not immune and are doing the same damned thing on fanning ships, even if they're ultimately pointless to the character or story. The "legacy" of WB/CW and the SV effect, I suppose.

After the Game Night of awkwardness it's official -- it's a love square. As uncomfortable as it was for Kara, it can't have been a picnic for Winn. He was the fourth wheel ... on a tricycle. And just when I thought he was going to stand up for himself, he caved and went along with the Danvers' hacking request. Necessary to move the DEO-Danvers mystery subplot forward, but terrible for his chances in breaking out of the friend-zone.

I'm actually worried about Cisco and Kendra. Someone's going to get burned and I'm expecting Winn will be hosting a 'Dude, I cannot catch a break!' night with Ray and Cisco anytime now.

Comment

This show continues to be okay. The main draw for me is Kara herself, so I guess that's good. I like Benoist in the role.

Nice to see Red Tornado in live action, though he didn't necessarily look spectacular. Did they kill off T.O. Morrow? I couldn't see any blood, so I honestly couldn't tell you where or even if Alex shot him.

I continue having trouble buying this new Jimmy Olsen, and I'm still waiting for Winn to become a character. It would be nice to jettison all the current romantic entanglements. Sometimes I feel like I'm anti-romance, but it's more that they seem to always be handled badly in these shows.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                The "legacy" of WB/CW and the SV effect, I suppose.
                Isn't that the sad truth!

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                After the Game Night of awkwardness it's official -- it's a love square. As uncomfortable as it was for Kara, it can't have been a picnic for Winn. He was the fourth wheel ... on a tricycle. And just when I thought he was going to stand up for himself, he caved and went along with the Danvers' hacking request. Necessary to move the DEO-Danvers mystery subplot forward, but terrible for his chances in breaking out of the friend-zone.

I'm actually worried about Cisco and Kendra. Someone's going to get burned and I'm expecting Winn will be hosting a 'Dude, I cannot catch a break!' night with Ray and Cisco anytime now.
                If Tommy was alive, he would have joined them.

Seriously though, Winn must be in the worst predicament than any of those guys. He's always there when Kara wants something and I doubt she has even realized he has feelings for her (even though it's a LOT more obvious than Kara's feelings for James). And to top it off, Kara is talking with James about not being able to have a relationship with a person who truly knows her and neither she nor James even think about Winn as a possibility!

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  It would be nice to jettison all the current romantic entanglements. Sometimes I feel like I'm anti-romance, but it's more that they seem to always be handled badly in these shows.
                  That and I think most of us still have fatigue from all of SV's pointless love trangles and pointless drama. *coughs* Clana *cough*
                  I think I have some kind of PSTD from that. it makes me react irrationally every time I see a love triangle setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                    That and I think most of us still have fatigue from all of SV's pointless love trangles and pointless drama. *coughs* Clana *cough*
                    I think I have some kind of PSTD from that. it makes me react irrationally every time I see a love triangle setup.
                    I didn't hang around the Internet much in those days, but I've heard tales of "shipper wars" that sadden my soul.

Comment

I've realized that Supergirl is like Smallville, only duller with its characters. I was kinda into the idea of seeing General Lane until he acted nothing like Smallville.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!

Comment

If General Lane wants to be anti-Supergirl, he could at least be intelligent about it. There are legitimate concerns about having people as powerful as Superman and Supergirl in the world, especially if they're connected, but blaming her for beating his weapon and endangering human lives sounds about as valid as J. Jonah Jameson's criticisms of Spider-Man.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎