0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'd rather watch The Parent 'Hood
    0%

Minimal cringy relationship drama, so it's a step up from last week.

Comment

That Thea vs Andy fight scene was one of the best fights I have ever seen on TV, great episode! The Laurel and Diggle scene talking about their siblings was also one of my favorites of this season! James Bamford did an amazing job with his directing debut!

Comment

First is it better than last week's epic fail? Yea but is it anything to be impressed by um I don't think so.

Second one thing that really was annoying was we all knew Andy was alive so no big shocker. That would have been like if they put Oliver's death scene from The Climb in a promo.

Now they had very good fights in this episode. No complaints for anyone but Oliver. Every fight he's been in he's struggled with and I don't even count the ending fight to be a win for him considering Diggle showed up. As of this episode I have unfortunately resigned myself to Oliver is no longer the badass from season 1 and 2 at times but mostly 1. Also disappointing because apparently the director of tonight's episode was very well done in action. Sorry I don't see it due to the main character of the show still fights like a bowl of jelly.

I do have to wonder who taught Ray how to fight. Plus they handled his LoT setup better than Sara's which is shocking.

Laurel is back to her usual self that's not resurrecting dead sisters and sounding like she needs a stay at Arkham.

With Thea well I'm curious to see that Damien had no effect on her.

Diggle had good scenes. Which yea I smiled when Diggle said it will be just the two of us down at the docks because of well that's the real OTA. Not the Felicity one that "she" came up with.

Also I rolled my eyes because Felicity go rewatch season 3 because Oliver's plan to take down the League worked, I have the feeling it might work with Riter for awhile longer and it kind of worked with Frank Bertinell.

Now the flashbacks well they are picking up speed from last's week's. I still enjoy them. Oliver is becoming closer to The Hood by wiping Conklin who I felt no sympathy for. I have the feeling his lie to Taiana well be one of the factors that is going to end their relationship if they even get a real big one which is debatable. I actually did not see Ivan being her brother coming and it's refreshing it was her brother and not a lover. With that name sounding like Russian and I think a few others it does have me starting to wonder about a Bratva tattoo.

It was an okay episode. I guess with everything the show has become it's made my investment of like it was in season 1 and 2 disappear.

Comment

Some early impressions:

It's definitely a step-up from last week's 'we just needed to get Sara from A to B' episode. This was an Arrow-centric episode, a good one, and fans could be forgiven for forgetting what good Arrow eps. look like of late. They lifted their finger off the pause button for Arrow temporarily. I will take what Arrow goodness I can get before that button is slammed full-stop during the crossovers for LOT.

Ollie and Darkh finally meeting in public was great to watch, it's about time they had a face-to-face confrontation ... and Ray is there to contribute to an Arrow characters and plots this time (instead of the other way around, as it's been these past few S4 episodes).

Ollie's "hippie-crunchy" scheme to reclaim Starling Bay is not only in line with his saving the city mission, but it's the sort of cause that is in the spirit of the comics Oliver/GA. Kudos to them, at least with this campaign plank, for not forgetting about such defining elements in his personality. The wisdom in antagonizing a villain that is so clearly beyond the team's present expertise is another issue.

Ollie and Diggle's scene was good, as was Laurel and Diggle's. The team was still finding its way since end of S3 and some of that tension blew up during Ollie and Diggle's arguments. As always, it's Lyla who cuts to the chase and snaps Diggle out of the woe-is-me funk that Team Arrow's crew tends to slip into when adversity strikes. Diggle had to try to save his brother, if not for Andy's sake, then for his own. And Ollie did need to step from behind the shadows and the mask and essentially throw down the gauntlet in his political role for all to see, including Darkh.

Thea in another ship, I'm not crazy about. It's a relationship that's there just to test Thea's ability to manage her Pit side-effects or not. Plus it involves the CW melodrama staple: secrets and lies. Any early bets campaign manager dude doesn't live to see the final vote tally on election night? He. is. dooooomed.

(I might even be willing to retcon that this is the "symbolic" S4 premiere, at least in my own internal continuity for the show. The actual S4 premiere being, in my eyes, more of an extension of the S3 finale or a S3 epilogue.)

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
            Also I rolled my eyes because Felicity go rewatch season 3 because Oliver's plan to take down the League worked
            His league plan failed utterly. Ra's jumped out of a plane and left to do his thing. His secondary plan that involved getting the group's help worked, otherwise, the city would have been in danger, as far as I remember.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

Comment

Two questions: If that's what happened when Darhk tried to kill Thea, what would happen if he ever had the opportunity to try to kill Sara? Apart from whatever it all means re: Thea's blood lust, could whatever that reaction is be key to Dark's defeat?

Comment

I don't have the time to write up my normal '-and this here' review. So I'll go more with basic thoughts.

No relationship drama is always a big plus with me; and by this, I mean over the top drama like last week's episode.

Oliver seems to be more on his game as far as fighting is concerned, and at least now he can take on quite a few guys on his own instead of having one or two kick his butt with no problem.

Thea and Malcolm are always fun to watch. And when Damien revealed he's well aware of who is now Ra's, I half-expected Thea to say something snarky like, "Dad and I don't exactly see eye to eye." I know she wouldn't, but it would fit her snarky attitude (which I personally adore).

Diggle's struggle with the revelations about Andy was done well, but they honestly screwed themselves over by including Andy's reveal in the promo trailer last week. Morons.

Damien's meeting with Oliver was interesting, and Oliver's speech at the end challenging Damien was something I enjoyed since it set the stage for the mid-season finale. Now, one thing about Oliver's speech: I can't help but feel he may have tipped his hand with that. Its very similar to his 'Green Arrow' speech, and Damien is a very smart and observant man...

Comment

I do have to wonder who taught Ray how to fight
                  I'm going with the cockroaches.

I actually did not see Ivan being her brother coming and it's refreshing it was her brother and not a lover. With that name sounding like Russian and I think a few others it does have me starting to wonder about a Bratva tattoo.
                  One correction. The brother's name was Vlad, rather than Ivan.

Diggle's struggle with the revelations about Andy was done well, but they honestly screwed themselves over by including Andy's reveal in the promo trailer last week. Morons.
                  This is firmly the fault of the CW. Arrow doesn't have any control over the promos. Guggenheim has many times expressed his frustration over big moments being spoiled.

Not a terrible episode and the Diggle stuff was good and DD reaction to Thea was very interesting but otherwise mostly a forgettable episode. The extra time devoted to the stunts had me checking the clock and the flashbacks are hurting me they are so dull and weird in a still dull way.

Sticks?

He scries the truth by holding up a bunch of sticks? Why is this guy so enamored of Oliver? And why isn't Oliver still working day and night non stop to find whatever they were sent to find in the water? And the lady in the cave is not a very compelling actress. She is the beige of acting. The white noise of entertainment. She didn't even get to have a name until this week and I cannot be bothered with remembering it. I know it's the same name as the character out of Year One of the Green Arrow comics but it seems a safe bet they are going a different way with her character.
                  Last edited by BkWurm1; 11-18-2015, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Not an excellent episode, but definitely a step up from last week's fiasco.

The good:
                    - David Ramsey. That was one of his strongest performances since the show's inception. He didn't have particulary great material to work with, but he did his best to make it work. Just like Blackthorne a few weeks back, Ramsey proved how underutilized he's been on the show. Nice to see him work more with Amell too. They have great chemistry together.
                    - The fight scenes. For the first time in what seemed like forever, they were fun again. Obviously a lot of credit has to go to the director who's also the stunt coordinator on Arrow. Laurel's hallway fight scene was great, as was Thea's elevator fight with Andy.
                    - Less Felicity, thus less melodrama.
                    - Oliver is kicking butt again!
                    - Oliver stepping out into the light was a cool way to end the episode and an indication that he learned his lesson from last year.
                    - The show remembered Malcolm exists.
                    - Lyla's cameo.

The not so good:
                    - How about they finally settle on a date for Andy's death? Is that too much to ask? In last season's "The Return", he was shown to be alive in 2010. Earlier this season, they said he died in 2009. And now we hear he's been dead for 8 years (meaning he died in 2007 or 2008). WTF?
                    - Maybe I have to rewatch the episode, but I don't think they explained what actually happened with Andy? Was his death faked? Has Darhk brought him back to life? Is he still brainwashed? I guess he will factor more into things after the crossover.
                    - The Ray stuff. Just like with Sara, the show hasn't done a particulary great job of explaining why these LoT characters are leaving the show. On top of that, they didn't even gave a remotely plausible explanation why Ray wouldn't want his company back.
                    - Like I said, less Felicity, which sadly didn't mean her scenes were particulary fun. Personal niticpick, but I've had my fill of Felicity lecturing and giving pep talks to everyone. Another nitpick was the scene at the lair were Oliver and Diggle had to both give her stern looks before she understood that they wanted some privacy (I guess she feels that she has to be involved in everything). In contrast, Lyla was more understanding in a similar scene earlier on.
                    - The flashback scenes.

6/10.
                    Last edited by costas22; 11-19-2015, 02:30 AM.

Comment

This episode was another good example of why Diggle is my favorite character on this show.

God bless everyone!

Comment

A couple of things now that I'm more awake:

1. I was referring to the CW as morons, not the Arrow people. I'm well aware that the networks are the ones who choose the scenes for promos.

2. Darhk is definitely on to Lance. Why do I say this? Because he gave that whole big speech, left the info about Dock 52 (AGAIN with the 52 nods!) where Lance could see it, and had this rather vicious smile when he saw Green Arrow and Diggle.

Comment

Good catch. I'm not prepared to call it for Lance being in the grave. For all we know, they could fake us out with more than one grave, but that's definitely a good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
                            Good catch. I'm not prepared to call it for Lance being in the grave. For all we know, they could fake us out with more than one grave, but that's definitely a good catch.
                            When I talked about Lance not being long, I meant in regards to the mid-season finale rather than the grave scene from the premiere. Darhk doesn't strike me as being a very patient evil overlord...

Comment

How about they finally settle on a date for Andy's death? Is that too much to ask? In last season's "The Return", he was shown to be alive in 2010. Earlier this season, they said he died in 2009. And now we hear he's been dead for 8 years (meaning he died in 2007 or 2008). WTF?
                              The Return likely would have happened in 2009. (During Oliver's third year away rather than after his third year away. 1st year 2007-2008, 2nd 2008-2009, 3rd 2009-2010). Still, no matter how much one might round it up, the longest Andy could have been dead was six years.

Now I have to pretend that Diggle and Oliver get their sixes and eights mixed up. Maybe it's too dark in the lair to read it clearly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎