No announcement yet.

Loved Them? Hated Them? What did you think of "Birth" & "The Bear King?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved Them? Hated Them? What did you think of "Birth" & "The Bear King?"

What did you think of tonight's two-hour OUAT event?
    10 - Great!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Two Hours Too Many
    0%

I gave both episodes a combined score of 7.

The first hour was good in that it gave us a lot of answers.

It was good to see Dr. Whale again, but the scene in the delivery room felt too similar to the one in Season 3 when Neal was born, except: This time, they were worried about Emma, not Zelena. It just felt repetitive to me.

Maybe I have tunnel vision, but I really don't see why Hook is so mad at Emma. I get that he didn't ask to become a Dark One, but: Emma saved his life the only way she knew how in that moment because Merlin said the wound from Excalibur couldn't be healed with magic. So, he's mad at her for saving his life? He spent most of the episode trying to get the truth, and when he does, he turns around and gets mad about it? Then, why did he tell her he could handle it if he couldn't? I just don't get why they have to write characters like this.

As for the second hour, it was a lot better than the Merida/Belle-centric episode. I enjoyed the continuity and them flashing back to Ruby's desire to leave the night they announced Prince Neal at the diner.

I guess we'll have to see what happens after this short two-week break. Hopefully, Merida puts Arthur out of his misery and Zelena goes to Oz.

Comment

10 for Birth and 9 for The Bear King. 10 overall.

Birth: Nice to see Dr. Whale, he cracks me up. I figured Emma wanted Excalibur to destroy dark magic. That didn't surprise me. Hook being a dark one too? I didn't see that coming. I wonder why there was darkness coming from Merlin when Emma tethered Hook's soul to Excalibur.

The Bear King: Yes, it is a filler, but it was also a bonus episode tonight. I liked it and I'm glad we didn't wait two weeks to see it. It was great to see where Ruby has been. Arthur killed Fergus. Zelena has been getting some screen time which I like. I haven't seen Brave, but did enjoy the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I gave both episodes a combined score of 7.

The first hour was good in that it gave us a lot of answers.

It was good to see Dr. Whale again, but the scene in the delivery room felt too similar to the one in Season 3 when Neal was born, except: This time, they were worried about Emma, not Zelena. It just felt repetitive to me.

Maybe I have tunnel vision, but I really don't see why Hook is so mad at Emma. I get that he didn't ask to become a Dark One, but: Emma saved his life the only way she knew how in that moment because Merlin said the wound from Excalibur couldn't be healed with magic. So, he's mad at her for saving his life? He spent most of the episode trying to get the truth, and when he does, he turns around and gets mad about it? Then, why did he tell her he could handle it if he couldn't? I just don't get why they have to write characters like this.

As for the second hour, it was a lot better than the Merida/Belle-centric episode. I enjoyed the continuity and them flashing back to Ruby's desire to leave the night they announced Prince Neal at the diner.

I guess we'll have to see what happens after this short two-week break. Hopefully, Merida puts Arthur out of his misery and Zelena goes to Oz.
        Even if he hasn't embraced the darkness, it's still IN Killian, so he's more likely to react badly to something. And since he spent 300 years hating the Dark One and Emma chose to essentially make him a Dark One against his will, I can understand why he's upset. Though it did seem a little like a 180 from "no matter what you've done, I still love you." But I think the fact that she literally turned him into the thing he has hated the most for all these years was just a shock and a punch to the gut.

I gave the episodes a combined score of 9. They were both great and we got a lot of answers and a lot of really emotional and well-done scenes in the first hour. And the second hour may have been filler, but it was great to get so much focus on Merida, Mulan, and Ruby. I love all 3 characters and as they're not the main characters, they don't usually get much focus, so it's cool that they got a full episode. BUT after the cliffhanger in the first hour, I was disappointed that the second hour didn't pick up where the first hour left off.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
          Though it did seem a little like a 180 from "no matter what you've done, I still love you."
          That's exactly it. Up till finding out, he was idealizing her and loving her like there was no tomorrow. Then, bam. It was like he flipped a switch. It's just weird when they have a character go from one end to the other like that.

But I think the fact that she literally turned him into the thing he has hated the most for all these years was just a shock and a punch to the gut.
          Hmmmm, I hadn't thought of it that way. That does put it all into context a bit more.

I do like Hook, though. I just hope they soften his anger a bit. I mean, he's been right there with everybody else saying Emma can be saved. Why would it be any different for him? He should know that the group would want to help him just as much as they want to help Emma.

after the cliffhanger in the first hour, I was disappointed that the second hour didn't pick up where the first hour left off.
          I felt the same way. It sucks that we have to wait 2 weeks to find out what happens next.

Comment

I totally agree that it was a jarring turnaround for Killian. It didn't quite work for me either. But I'm curious to see how things are handled in 2 weeks. And I hate that we have to wait that long!

Comment

I gave it a seven because of the second part. The Bear King was a pointless episode in my opinion. I thought if they would show that had nothing to do with what was going on. The one good thing is it showed where Ruby went. Now the first part, Birth, was a great episode, it should have been two hours long. The ending totally shocked me. I could not believes Emma turned Hook into a second Dark One.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎