2 6.45%

3 9.68%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%

0 0%
  • 1 - Shrink it and don't find it again for a while

13 41.94%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I unofficially dub those Arrow/Flash crossover episodes as "LOT Prologue Episodes 1 Part 1" (Flash ones) and "LOT Prologue Episode 1 Part 2" (Arrow ones) I make no commitments about writing separate reviews for the crossover eps as both LOT eps. and Arrow/Flash ones. I like watching the shows, but not as much as that. That's, like, eight reviews!

Barring Flashback Ollie going medieval on everyone at camp, plunging his soul into darkness or Earth 2 Wells and Flash battling Zoom and causing a cataclysmic breach in the space-time continuum, I think Arrow and Flash teams will be guest stars on their own shows during these eps.

I do think Donna has potential for some great story lines, not just involving Felicity but as a character all her own -- if they woke up and realized it. Quentin/Donna is one ship I don't really have a problem with, as it probably will give both characters subplots outside of Lance family drama or Olicity.

It's Thea's ill-advised ship I have more concerns about. She's the one who should have gone on a vacation to sort things out.

Something else occured to me. It's a minor detail of course, but where the hell is Malcolm? The guy is supposed to be a season regular and has already missed 5 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by evaba View Post
    Wow, this must be the lowest ranked episode ever! Half the voters gave it a mere 1, which is really the bottom of the barrel! The criticism on many other discussion forums is just as scathing. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst, since the writers seemed to have been really sloppy in this ep, after a promising start. For example, Oliver didn't even get to take a proper farewell of Sara, the woman he shared so many hardships with in the season two flashbacks, and with whom he was so much in love in present-day season two that he wanted to move in with her. One post I read explained this glaring omission in the following manner, and I'm inclined to agree with him:
    Sara is my favorite Arrow character, and the main reason I've been watching season 4 was to see her storyline. Needless to say I've been bitterly disappointed by the way her comeback was handled. The reason (IMHO) she was sidelined last night had nothing to do with Felicity, it's because they couldn't have Sara outshine the laurel B.C., as she always does. The lack of substantial use of Sara was just another example of the show trying to prop up laurel's character.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Something else occured to me. It's a minor detail of course, but where the hell is Malcolm? The guy is supposed to be a season regular and has already missed 5 episodes.
    I thought he stopped being a regular after Season 3.

John Barrowman has his own game show he hosts and is producing a TV adaptation of the 49th Key which is part of the Heavy Metal anthology series.

This episode really needed a rating of 0 titled "Arrow finally Lost the last shreds of its Soul", way to much was just so horrible that I'm not even going to bother clicking on any sort of rating for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Sara is my favorite Arrow character, and the main reason I've been watching season 4 was to see her storyline. Needless to say I've been bitterly disappointed by the way her comeback was handled. The reason (IMHO) she was sidelined last night had nothing to do with Felicity, it's because they couldn't have Sara outshine the laurel B.C., as she always does. The lack of substantial use of Sara was just another example of the show trying to prop up laurel's character.
    Not sure I agree with that. Laurel was a bigger afterthought than Sara last night. In Sara's case, they at least half-assedly acknowledged her return from the dead and the Pit's effects on her. Laurel was just there. Nothing in this episode revolved around her. They didn't even have her look better than Sara when they were out on the field (not that I wanted to see that, just pointing out that at no point did they have her "outshine" Sara).

According to an online research, Laurel appeared in this episode for roughly 7 minutes. As did Thea. Felicity appeared for 20. Imo, it's clear who this episode was about, as far as the female characters are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I thought he stopped being a regular after Season 3.

John Barrowman has his own game show he hosts and is producing a TV adaptation of the 49th Key which is part of the Heavy Metal anthology series.
    Wanted to make sure, so I checked the credits at the start of the episode. His name is there, right before Paul Blackthorne's. And if I remember well, last summer he announced he would return as a regular.

Damn. Glad I skipped this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    How does it ever prop up Laurel's character? The show has consistently propped up Sara at Laurel's expense. Not to mention that Laurel got no more substance in this episode than she did. How is that propping? They literally just had an arc where they had to contort Laurel in order to get Sara back. They've pretty consistently beat down on Laurel in order prop Sara up. Ugh, that insane moment where Sara complains about Laurel sabotaging her getting with Oliver that was clearly meant to justify Sara hooking up with her sister's boyfriend (and people have used that to justify it) comes to mind. Not that Laurel needs to be propped, because not being a serial murderer and having her character's actual story makes Sara outshined by her already. I'm very sorry if I'm being too aggressive.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

New In Town
    I felt it was an injustice to this show was that not even one sentence was mentioned between Sara and Laurel about Laurel taking up the mantle of the Black Canary. The main reason Oliver refused to train Laurel in the first place in season 3 was because he said it wasn't what Sara would have wanted. Instead, we got to listen to Felicity's mom talk about sex. I get there needs to be character development for Felicity and all that, but I just was not happy the way the BC storyline was handled this episode.

O.M.G. Those of you who say we needed a "0" option on the poll are just so wrong. Clearly what we need here are negative numbers.

Could they possibly have regressed this much?!?!?!

And could I possibly be blessed any more than to have been given SO much wonderful, wonderful Felicity/Olicity material for snarking purposes?!?!?! I'll have material for weeks and months to come! Oh, Merry Christmas to me! (there's simply no emoticon here I can use to express my utter joy and ecstasy!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Kent View Post
    O.M.G. Those of you who say we needed a "0" option on the poll are just so wrong. Clearly what we need here are negative numbers.

Could they possibly have regressed this much?!?!?!

And could I possibly be blessed any more than to have been given SO much wonderful, wonderful Felicity/Olicity material for snarking purposes?!?!?! I'll have material for weeks and months to come! Oh, Merry Christmas to me! (there's simply no emoticon here I can use to express my utter joy and ecstasy!!!!)

"Lost Souls" rated -10...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post

"Lost Souls" rated -10...
    Wow, so you would be that generous?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Kent View Post
    Wow, so you would be that generous?
    I'm actually very generous by nature.

Besides, scales are usually balanced so if 10 is max then 1,0 or -10 would be the bottom end. Maybe rate it -100? Nah, that would require acting worse than some fan made films on youtube. The writing equaled that level but the actors did a better job.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 11-12-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    I'm actually very generous by nature.

Besides, scales are usually balanced so if 10 is max then 1,0 or -10 would be the bottom end. Maybe rate it -100? Nah, that would require acting worse than some fan made films on youtube. The writing equaled that level but the actors did a better job.
    Yes, what a generous and fair guy Unlike whiny-britches beaten-down Oliver, you inspire me to be a better, fairer person -- so okay I accede to your proposed scale, will reign in my baser impulses and give (somewhat grudgingly): - 10

**(unless I should take precautions and go with -8 or -9, keeping -10 in reserve... you know, just in case they actually out-do themselves in a subsequent ep? Hmm... something to ponder)

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    - Donna Smoak. While always a fun person to have guest star, she continues to remain nothing more than a plot device to her background-deprived daughter.
    I love this phrase you used to characterize Felicity! It captures the problem on several different levels with such an economy of words -- gave me a good chuckle

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast