Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALE Official Episode Rewatch Mk II thread - Friday November 13, 2015

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone recognize anyone at this wedding, besides the main party and Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
      I would love to be part of another rewatch, you can choose the time and I'll wake up in the middle of the night for it. But I'm afraid many people are not that into SV anymore.
      I would love another re-watch as well. If not soon after this, I think we should at least have one for the 15th anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        Yeah, it's gotten popular to trash the show in recent years.
        I love SV and even though season 8 is quite painful to watch, I've always enjoyed the series. Hopefully someday people will find their way back to how good this show is.

Comment

In Sweden couples walk down the aisle together? I've never heard that before. Thanks for the info, it's always nice to know about other cultures.
          Yep, if anything it was a controversy when the crown princess decided to walk down the aisle with her dad. There was a concern it would start a trend.

Comment

Where is General Lane?? Why isn't he walking her down the aisle? This makes no sense in America.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Does anyone recognize anyone at this wedding, besides the main party and Jeff?
              THIS. I have no idea why they didn't get more returning characters to just make a cameo for the finale. Maybe they were blowing the budget on everything else in this episode, but it just didn't make sense for the wedding of Lois & Clark. I guess you could make the argument they invited their co-workers, but still. It's rather disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                Yep, if anything it was a controversy when the crown princess decided to walk down the aisle with her dad. There was a concern it would start a trend.
                When Kate Middleton was married she walked down the aisle with her dad and William waited for her at the end of the aisle with his best man.

Comment

Where is General Lane?? Why isn't he walking her down the aisle? This makes no sense in America.
                  They explained it away in the door scene with the General being called away, probably having to do with the giant planet appearing in orbit.

They either couldn't afford Michael Ironside or there were scheduling conflicts.

Comment

I love SV and even though season 8 is quite painful to watch, I've always enjoyed the series. Hopefully someday people will find their way back to how good this show is.
                    It also doesn't get the credit for pushing the envelope with live-action superhero stuff. Before SV, they didn't have the hero co-exist or interact with other heroes, nearly all villains where original one-shots, most character development seemed to happen in the pilot. Recently the Flash used King Shark... Who looked like the actual character. You got this, because SV had Doomsday looking like Doomsday (rather than just being some non-Kryptonian wrestler, nicknamed "Doomsday").

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
                      THIS. I have no idea why they didn't get more returning characters to just make a cameo for the finale. Maybe they were blowing the budget on everything else in this episode, but it just didn't make sense for the wedding of Lois & Clark. I guess you could make the argument they invited their co-workers, but still. It's rather disappointing.
                      Agree! Wasn't Lois going crazy trying to figure out where her "super" guests where going to sit without raising any suspicions?

Comment

You're noticing that now?!

Comment

When Kate Middleton was married she walked down the aisle with her dad and William waited for her at the end of the aisle with his best man.
                          But this is England and as such culturally much closer to the US.

But in Germany it is custom as well that the father "gives away the bride".

But with Sweden being a very feminist country (sometimes bordering on the extreme) this is probably seen as a patriachal tradition to be abandoned.

Comment

Agree! Wasn't Lois going crazy trying to figure out where her "super" guests where going to sit without raising any suspicions?
                            Yep, she had paper figures of them, in full costumes and worked on it in the middle of the DP.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                              They explained it away in the door scene with the General being called away, probably having to do with the giant planet appearing in orbit.

They either couldn't afford Michael Ironside or there were scheduling conflicts.
                              Right, but why was she confused? She knew she was alone, Lois Lane looking and feeling vulnerable? Impossible.

Comment

I still wanna know what you are, Jonathan. TALK!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎