No announcement yet.

FINALE Official Episode Rewatch Mk II thread - Friday November 13, 2015

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Doena
    It was probably something she needed for her stage play and couldn't change for her final appearance on the show.
    But at least do something else besides this do, you can do many hairdos with short hair.

Comment

Home is where the heart is, Martha. You're obsessed with a material location (thus holding on to the past, instead of moving forward in life).

Comment

It still looks better than her mid-season-six hair.
        True. I forget all the hairstyles, but I remember not being a fan of her season 7 hair either.

Comment

I really hated that retcon at the last minute and I'm still not fond of it. This whole season was about letting go and moving forward. Clark was on the phone with his mom talking about the farm.

And now suddenly he is supposed to keep the farm? For whom? Martha is in Washington and Lois and Clark are in Metopolis. Who's supposed to take care of the farm?

Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Martha yells at Clark, you sold the farm? idiot.

Comment

I really hated that retcon at the last minute and I'm still not fond of it. This whole season was about letting go and moving forward. Clark was on the phone with his mom talking about the farm.

And now suddenly he is supposed to keep the farm? For whom? Martha is in Washington and Lois and Clark are in Metopolis. Who's supposed to take care of the farm?
              You think she's going to stay in Washington forever???? Where is she suppose to go when she retires? Martha Kent has always lived in the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
                I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Martha yells at Clark, you sold the farm? idiot.
                I guess you're a fan of season seven when Clark played house at the farm, not moving forward and quite literally hanging up the cape?

Comment

So sorry I can't make it for the final rewatch, folks.

Thanks so much to all those who have participated over the past 4 years. Smallville was a massive part of my life at a particularly difficult time and I will always be grateful for what it gave me. I will always retain very fond memories of the Great Show.

I hope the rewatch tradition continues, but alas, my involvement from here might be minimal.

To all the friends I've made, thanks guys. Enjoy the finale show.

Comment

What is Jonathan supposed to be? A ghost or just Clark's fantasy?

Comment

You think she's going to stay in Washington forever???? Where is she suppose to go when she retires? Martha Kent has always lived in the farm.
                      Then she should not have transferred the deed if SHE wanted to keep it. Imagine they had kept the farm and one day even have children. We know the house is not that big. Where would she stay when she retires?

Comment

I understand the theme of not letting go of Smallville and the lessons and people he's known for the last 10 seasons, BUT I don't think the farm is that. I mean it's just a logistics thing. Clark and Lois are in Metropolis. Clark's going to be busy with being a hero and a reporter. Who would take care of the farm? I get it's the theme of not forgetting, but to make it about the farm never really made much sense other than nostalgia.

Comment

The letter Lois reads and the one Clark voices are not identical. But that's not the first time this happened. His goodbye letter in Doomsday was the same.

Comment

Not before she married Jonathan. And, if we go by comic book canon, she didn't live there during the old Superboy series (where they had sold the farm and bought a regular house in Smallville).

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                              What is Jonathan supposed to be? A ghost or just Clark's fantasy?
                              A we-don't-care-it's-the-finale cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
                                So sorry I can't make it for the final rewatch, folks.

Thanks so much to all those who have participated over the past 4 years. Smallville was a massive part of my life at a particularly difficult time and I will always be grateful for what it gave me. I will always retain very fond memories of the Great Show.

I hope the rewatch tradition continues, but alas, my involvement from here might be minimal.

To all the friends I've made, thanks guys. Enjoy the finale show.

Great words Skully, I'm going to miss you and miss the rewatch. It has been a place where I found good friends when I moved to a new city and after my surgery. I always looked forward to friday nights with glee.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎