Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALE Official Episode Rewatch Mk II thread - Friday November 13, 2015

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last few minutes in the planet to the ending credits is fantastic tho. Even with all the problems I have with the finale, it can't taint this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
      Have a nice weekend, y'all! And a nice Christmas!

I will stay on the boards, reading and commenting on fanfics and if you ever wish to do another one of these, I'll be there for you!
      You too! Have a Merry Christmas and I'll also stay around. I hope we can do another rewatch next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabularasa
        The last few minutes in the planet to the ending credits is fantastic tho. Even with all the problems I have with the finale, it can't taint this.
        AGREE!! The last minutes were pretty fantastic.

Comment

• Hope to see you around guys, thank you for getting up so early! I hope you have a blessed and SAFE weekend.

Comment

• Okay guys, it's been a blast watching the 2nd re-watch with you all. I don't want to say that this is the end of the re-watches, I think we all still really enjoy doing these. I DO think we need a bit of a break, but if anyone wants to start it up again, I promise to be there. And like I said we HAVE to do something for the 15th anniversary next October. But regardless, thanks for those who come every week, it's been so much fun and I'll still be on the boards. If I don't see you till then, have a great holiday season!

Comment

• Originally posted by kal-el_Girl
              It was a great series finale IF only he had worn the darn suit, but other than that it was a great last shot!
              He did wear the Green Arrow suit, so he wasn't all against wearing a costume. So, why the GA costume and not the Superman suit? Granted GA had never been in live-action before, so they were able to be more creative than you can with a Superman suit (which is well-established as tights with underwear on the outside), which we've previously seen numerous times in live action. Or was he just afraid of type casting, if he wore the suit (a little late for that, after ten years on TV playing the same role. And going by IMDB, it was the only role he played between 2005 and 2013).

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                He did wear the Green Arrow suit, so he wasn't all against wearing a costume. So, why the GA costume and not the Superman suit? Granted GA had never been in live-action before, so they were able to be more creative than you can with a Superman suit (which is well-established as tights with underwear on the outside), which we've previously seen numerous times in live action. Or was he just afraid of type casting, if he wore the suit (a little late for that, after ten years on TV playing the same role. And going by IMDB, it was the only role he played between 2005 and 2013).
                Yeah, maybe he's a little superstitious, who knows?

Comment

• I think Tom never wanted to be Superman and felt like there was a difference between just playing Clark Kent. I think he believed once he put on the tights, he would be typecast. It's a it silly since this was after the superhero boom in 2008 with Iron Man & The Dark Knight. This is after Heath Ledgar won an oscar for playing the joker. We had several movies with actors who went on to do other things during and after their time as a superhero. I think Tom's idea at the time, was already an outdated idea for the time period that he was playing a hero. This wasn't Keaton in the early 90's (See: Birdman) The only people I can think he was afraid of becoming would be Routh, who really only had one big exposure and Reeve, who was paralyzed and seriously limited his options.

But I think it's a shame and hypocritical of him to refuse to put on the suit for fear of typecasting BUT continue to play Clark Kent for TEN years. How did he think putting on a suit was going to typecast him anymore than playing the same role for ten years was going to? Despite his better acting performance in the last 3 seasons, it does seem like he was just cashing in a check and not really caring about the overall product, which would require him to wear a suit for at least one episode. I mean look at today's superhero TV, only 4 years later and you have 3 shows on right now: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl in which they're wearing the suit every single episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tabularasa
                    The only people I can think he was afraid of becoming would be Routh, who really only had one big exposure and Reeve, who was paralyzed and seriously limited his options.
                    Ironically, Routh has been more successful in his post-Superman career than Tom. And then you have Dean Cain, who hasn't gone a year in his post-Superman career without multiple gigs.

Comment

• Routh smartly has kept himself in the geek culture by appearing in shows like Chuck and Arrow and soon to be Legends of Tomorrow. Had Tom done something similar, I think he would've had a better career. Instead, as soon as the show was over, he pretty much disappeared.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎