View Poll Results: What did you think?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Hellblazingly Good

    12 41.38%
  • 9

    5 17.24%
  • 8

    6 20.69%
  • 7

    4 13.79%
  • 6

    2 6.90%
  • 5

    0 0%
  • 4

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 1 - Episode From Hell

    0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    I didn't catch this until someone pointed it out. Constantine asked for a dead peacock feather so he could scratch his back. It was a dig at NBC because they cancelled Constantine and their mascot is a peacock.

  2. #17
    avi by Keiko Neverending Story's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    I didn't really like the comment after Diggle said "Where did Oliver find him, the Luxor?"

    Felicity said "I'm just happy that somebody from Oliver's past isn't a beautiful woman." I think it was supposed to be made as a joke but it makes Felicity come off as jealous.
    Me neither. And it's not the first time she made this sort of comments. I remember her "fantasy island" line from season 2.
    And her "I can't believe he is marrying her" from last season.
    Felicity has issues about these things.

    Anyway. Good episode. I liked it.

    Glad to see the Oliver/Laurel friendship back on track.

  3. #18
    Board Master Dagenspear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 11
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    Instead I'll just say that no Laurel, I'm not terribly worried about your feelings at that moment after YOU let the killer sister you brought back from the dead run around for a WEEK killing people because you didn't want JUDGMENT. And now just after she tried to kill Thea, no, I don't think Oliver's first concern should be worrying about Laurel's feelings.
    Laurel didn't ask Oliver to make her feelings his first concern. She asked him to care about her feelings too. Because he doesn't. Like Oliver cares about people being killed though.
    Ah, but as her dad said, "At least she's consistent."

    I really hope that Laurel is able to find her chill in the future and keep it because I can't handle many more special episodes where Laurel is all fixed now! Let's try to keep her from acting like a moron in the first place, ok?
    I don't see you asking for this with Oliver and anyone else.

    God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

  4. #19
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    I was going to post my own review, but this does a better job. I don't agree with the Thea business but the rest is spot on, especially the part about Oliver and Laurel not being equals. http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/green-a...tantine-227968

  5. #20
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    I disagree with their comments that Laurel isn't an equal to Oliver and that she should've only said something if it was Diggle or Thea that Oliver treated wrongly.

    That is bull just because they think of Laurel as a lesser character she can't call the protagonist out on something that has to be said. Oliver treated her and her family like crap even though Lance looked out for Ollie and Thea after Moira died; Laurel helped Thea when she was arrested and let her work at CNRI as community service. Laurel also treated Thea as a sister and let her move in when she didn't want to go back to the place that Ra's killed her, because let's be honest Thea was dead since she was on life support before they unhooked her and took her to Nanda Parbat.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 11-05-2015 at 07:24 AM.

  6. #21
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    One of the things that has always bothered me about the messy, convoluted back story they gave Laurel is there is no way she should have ever known Oliver when she was young. Oliver's mother would never have allowed her children to even meet a police officers kids, let alone be friends with them. Pretty sure Oliver and Thea were sent to very private schools.

  7. #22
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    One of the things that has always bothered me about the messy, convoluted back story they gave Laurel is there is no way she should have ever known Oliver when she was young. Oliver's mother would never have allowed her children to even meet a police officers kids, let alone be friends with them. Pretty sure Oliver and Thea were sent to very private schools.
    As I understood it, them being in school with Oliver and Tommy was because of Dinah Sr.'s job.

  8. #23
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    As I understood it, them being in school with Oliver and Tommy was because of Dinah Sr.'s job.
    I think she was a professor at an upscale school or university so her children went to the same school as the Queen family.

  9. #24
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    As I understood it, them being in school with Oliver and Tommy was because of Dinah Sr.'s job.
    Wasn't Mrs Lance a college professor? Not sure. while a professor could certainly get her kids into one of the colleges Oliver was kicked out of, could she get them into the private elementary and high schools the ultra rich use, probably not. Even if she could Moira wouldn't have allowed them to hangout and be friends.

  10. #25
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,286
    Well ok I thought this was an enjoyable episode.

    The good

    First I liked John Constantine and I want to see more of him. Matt Ryan plays him so well and he fits right into the show which was surprising. Oliver and him get along good which I also like how Oliver's first experience with magic was due to John showing him.

    Those four Chinese letters well glad we finally have gotten an answer for them and I'm very curious when they will come into play against Reiter.

    Quentin Lance's performance in this episode good as always. Diggle and him working together was enjoyable.

    Andy Diggle was drug lord or something, ok. I'm not so sure that is the only thing that is going on with Andy.

    Oliver saying he has no room to judge Thea on secrets has shown how much room he has grown since we began all this four years ago.

    I like how Oliver and Laurel have began their friendship again. That's nice to see Oliver actually having a relationship with another female that is not Felicity or his sister.

    I liked when Laurel told Oliver that as far as caring about her family or well mostly her he hasn't always done the best job.

    That part I liked of their conversation but the other part I'll get to.

    The Bad

    I'm really thinking this episode had far to much going on.

    If I had to pick one subplot out of Diggle and Lance with Felicity and Curtis I would have gone more with Diggle and Lance just because that fits more into the over arcing plot. The Curtis/Felicity scenes with Ray Palmer was well does not and I'm beginning to think that the burden of setting up LoT is not helping much.

    Laurel trying to defend herself with bringing Sara back I might have bought it if she was so pushing everybody away and keeping it in the dark with acting well it just kind of falls apart. Plus for a character to defend themselves again the man hero of the show like Oliver it helps when they actually have some ground to stand on and I did not see any rock for her to stand on.

    The Olicty scenes, they just feel forced to me.

    The campaign manger and if he's supposed to be Thea's new boyfriend well that guy's a jerk or at least Sebastian Blood slimy. Kind of ironic since they are using Blood's old office.
    Last edited by Haggard01; 11-05-2015 at 01:47 PM.

  11. #26
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Wasn't Mrs Lance a college professor? Not sure. while a professor could certainly get her kids into one of the colleges Oliver was kicked out of, could she get them into the private elementary and high schools the ultra rich use, probably not. Even if she could Moira wouldn't have allowed them to hangout and be friends.
    You know what I'm trying to puzzle out is where Moira Queen ever showed herself to be an elitist snob? I'm sorry, but I've never seen that with the character. Even the whole thing with Oliver's baby mama was more her recognizing that her son wasn't ready to be a father and securing a future for the grandkid as well as giving her son time to mature.

  12. #27
    The peacock thing was simply the writers having a little bit of good-natured fun with the cancellation situation, since the NBC series does officially exist now as part of the overall "Flarrow"-verse Canon along with Arrow itself, The Flash, Vixen, and Legends of Tomorrow.

  13. #28
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    You know what I'm trying to puzzle out is where Moira Queen ever showed herself to be an elitist snob? I'm sorry, but I've never seen that with the character. Even the whole thing with Oliver's baby mama was more her recognizing that her son wasn't ready to be a father and securing a future for the grandkid as well as giving her son time to mature.
    Really??? Moira was my favorite character precisely because she was an elitist snob who was on board with wiping out the poor side of town just to protect her family. With Oliver's father cheating on her with the employees at work you don't think she wouldn't try to keep the middle class away from her kids? I also think you are wrong about the baby mommy, she seemed to me to look on her as a gold digger and was only negotiating the price to remove a problem.

  14. #29
    Forum Whiz shadow4486's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    710
    I liked the episode, and I love Constantine! I hope they bring the show back. Other than that I want to give my opinion on something said in above posts.

    - It's often been mentioned that the show is inconsistent about each character's fighting skills. The same probably applies to Felicity's intellect. I mean, for the past 3 years she's hacked, decoded and fixed everything. Yet, when it's time to clear up an audio message she needs Curtis' help? Mind you, I don't mind Curtis being useful and Felicity NOT having the answer to every problem in the universe. And after dumbing down a number of characters for her benefit, I guess it was about time the shoe was on the other foot. But it would have been nice if there was some continuity to the whole thing.
    I think that this is wrong because Felicity is so much more than what she was as Palmer's secretary/assistant/lover. Now she's running a company by day, and running Team Arrow by night. I don't think she cannot clear the audio stuff by herself, I just think she doesn't have the time. As you could see from the energy drink scene, Holt said it took a long time to render and she got there just in time. To me, that means that decoding/decrypting/cleaning up the audio was not a "click, click, copy and paste" type of situation. So I don't fault her for taking it to the guy who hipped her to the recording in the first place. And it helps that he's a tech whiz. Not a big deal.

    Second,


    - Oh, look, the return of suicidal Thea. I thought we got over this bull last year?
    I'll admit I only watched the episode once but it didn't seem to me that Thea was suicidal. What, because she told Laurel to do what she needed to do, while Thea was in the hospital. Perhaps, she (more than most) could understand what Sara is feeling. I'm sure Thea wants to not have to kill people to continue her life so maybe by sacrificing herself to help a friend (and one she killed in the first place) is not SUICIDAL, but more HEROIC than one may get at first glance. I don't think she sounded very suicidal when she was being used as bait in Verdant. If she were suicidal, I'd imagine that she'd just go off on her own, let Sara find her and provide her with the knife.

    All in all, good ep. Excited about the next one more.

  15. #30
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    I didn't like that episode. Except for some scenes between Laurel and Oliver, and Diggle and Captain Lance, I really wasn't feeling it. Mainly because of John Constantine.

    I didn't particularly like the character- either in the flashbacks or in the present day. He just seemed like a git. Also, I didn't notice any sort of chemistry between Stephen Amell and Matt Ryan- either as friends or otherwise.

    The way that the Sara storyline was resolved I really didn't like. Maybe because it was so fast-paced and just seemed so easy in the end.

    Oliver's complete 180 over not being judgemental anymore after his conversation with Laurel in the hospital was also strange.

    If that's it with Diggle's brother then that is rather strange. They have hyped this storyline up since Season One and that is the payoff? There must be something more.

    Some of the actions scenes also looked a bit odd.

    Now the thing that I hated most about the episode-

    As far as I understand, from Smallville and my limited knowledge of DC, Oliver Queen is the one hero (or very few) that isn't supposed to have any superpowers. He is the one hero that can fight on his own merit. Yet now, he has powers! Given to him by John Constantine (who should have been left out of the flashbacks). If this is how he is able to take down Reiter, and possibly even Damien, then frankly that is ridiculous.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •