Star Trek: Discovery (Paramount+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    What do you mean "unfinished design"?
    At the panel, from what a close friend of mine told me, was that they said it wasn't 100% polished and the full CGI behind the ship wasn't complete. So minor details, such as the registry number could very well be changed. And it's the registry number which everyone is basing the theory that this will be set post ENT but pre TOS.

Comment

Okay. I was hopeful that the CGI was at least not representative of the quality we will see on the show itself. I can appreciate the hard work someone (or several someones) put into it, but it's not what I would expect at this stage in the game. It needs to be better than that when the show begins airing.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        Okay. I was hopeful that the CGI was at least not representative of the quality we will see on the show itself. I can appreciate the hard work someone (or several someones) put into it, but it's not what I would expect at this stage in the game. It needs to be better than that when the show begins airing.
        Taken from an interview

TM: For the promo materials that we’ve been seeing, as the new trailer was released today, is that stuff the final versions?
        Kadin: NO! *laughs* I was surprised Bryan didn’t say that, actually. I mean, we had three weeks to throw that together. We wanted to show fans…we’re super-excited by the score that this amazing composer, Fil Eisler, threw together as an audition and he did an incredible job. The concepts of the ship are totally what we’re going for and they’ll be honed up until, I think, the day we deliver.

Source - http://trekmovie.com/2016/07/24/excl...-shows-themes/

Comment

TNG fan here who just saw the promo. I haven't read a lot about this (or when it's set), but: To me, the ship looks like a hybrid of TOS/TNG ships.

I don't care for the color. I just hope the show has good characters.

Comment

CBS announced today that the series has been pushed from its January 2017 premiere to May 2017

http://tvline.com/2016/09/14/star-tr...ease-date-cbs/

Comment

Besides the fact that they haven't announced a cast yet and it's been pushed back, is it a worse sign that the abbreviation for this series is STD and/or nobody noticed that when they were coming up with the title.

Comment

My best friend's wife pointed that out and I believe my reaction was something like, "...................... crap. It is STD."

Comment

Bryan Fuller is stepping down from the showrunner role of the series as he juggles production responsibilities on two other series, Variety has learned exclusively.

The decision was made late last week to hand the day-to-day showrunning reins to “Star Trek” exec producers Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts as “Discovery” gears up for the start of filming next month and a May 2017 premiere date.

Comment

Bryan Fuller is stepping down from the showrunner role of the series as he juggles production responsibilities on two other series...
                    Yeah, right.

Comment

I heard that yesterday too that he was stepping down. I hope its just that hes busy because I have seen shows where the showrunners leave before they start and it doesnt turn out well. At least they dont have to worry about it premiering until later in 2017 instead of January.

Comment

Michelle Yeoh has reportedly been cast as Captain Han Bo of the U.S.S. Shenzhou in the series; though different sources are not saying one way or another whether it's a true confirmation.

http://trekmovie.com/2016/11/23/brea...-s-s-shenzhou/

Comment

Doug Jones (The Strain) and Rent alum Anthony Rapp have been cast in Star Trek: Discovery, the upcoming new Star Trek series for CBS All Access, CBS’ live streaming and VOD service, and Michelle Yeoh is confirmed for her role as a Starfleet captain.

Jones will portray Lt. Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer and a new alien species to the Star Trek universe. Rapp will play Lt. Stamets, an astromycologist, fungus expert, and Starfleet Science Officer aboard the Starship Discovery. And as Deadline previously reported, Yeoh will play Captain Georgiou, the Starfleet Captain aboard the Starship Shenzhou. The series does not yet have the lead, but is getting close to casting her.
                          http://deadline.com/2016/11/star-tre...-s-1201861221/

Comment

Bryan Fuller Now Says He Won't Be Involved at All With Series:

It’s probably not the news fans were hoping for – following his exit in October as Showrunner of Star Trek Discovery, co-creator Bryan Fuller has now confirmed he has no further ongoing role in the CBS All Access series. “I’m not involved in production, or postproduction, so I can only give them the material I’ve given them and hope that it is helpful for them,” Fuller told Newsweek in an interview published earlier today. “I’m curious to see what they do with it.”

Fuller co-created the series with Alex Kurtzman and largely developed the show’s mythos, writing the first two episodes and sketching out the first season story arc. He quit as Star Trek Discovery showrunner just before Halloween, citing other commitments, including his television series adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods. He was replaced by his subordinates Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts, and remained an executive producer.
                            http://deadline.com/2016/12/star-tre...er-1201863775/

Comment

Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) has been cast as the series lead. She will be playing a lieutenant commander.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/14...a-martin-green

Comment

So the lead and biggest star are each female and non-white. Good for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎