Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    We Will Avenge!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels & Marvelís Inhumans) has been cast on the showís S2 as Captain Pike.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star...nt-1202743293/

I donít know where to put this but, all the trekkies out there rejoice... Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) himself will be returning to the world of Star Trek in a yet-to-be-titled new series at CBS All Access.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...series-1132262

Though 20yrs later, Iím sure Picard is much more than a Captain

S2 Premieres Today!!!

I liked it. I think they got Pike perfect. I think season 2 will be good.

I enjoyed the S2 premiere. It felt like an OG Star Trek episode with their mission to rescue the starfleet crew stranded in the astride field. I did chuckle when they came out in those colorful power ranger-esque suits; I was sure at one point they were going to combine there ships to form a megazord

Though, itís very convenient that the Enterprise is down for the count, Spock is MIA and Captain Pike has been reassigned to the Discovery.

Canít wait for the rest of the season.

Looks like the latest episode of S2 served sort of as a backdoor pilot for Georgiou's (Michelle Yeoh) Section 31 spin-off series, even though it came out of nowhere at the end of the episode. Iím glad that it ended with Tyler joining Georgiouís crew (he had nowhere else to really go).

As for the rest of the episode...weíve only really skimmed the surface of Michael, Amanda, Sarek and Spockís relationship. Iím even more curious about this ďred angelĒ, that has been appearing to Michael; especially when we find out that it appeared to young Spock; so itís not just a hallucination.

Speaking of which...

Tillyís own hallucination was just a spore-related parasite. I wonít be surprised if her hallucination returns regardless if they got rid of the parasite.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-02-2019 at 09:11 PM.

What are peopleís thoughts of the season so far? I think itís better overall so far than last season but I think they have too many balls being juggled story wise. I also donít like that they have made Section 31 as a part of Starfleet Intelligence, with their own bagdes advertising themselves...yes because 100 years later no one would know of or have any record of a controversial organization operating within Starfleet. The producers compare them to the CIA, but wouldnít that be Starfleet Intelligence itself?

Okay, this might explain a few things.

I figure Michael [SPOILER]originally died as a child in the timeline of TOS and the other shows (hence why she's never brought up).[/SPOILER] Which would then make this an alternate universe. The war in season one of the show was never brought up in TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY, because it never happened there.

Of course, this puts Michael ever more as the center of the universe.

Okay, so that person wasn't a robot. Would've been nice to have seen that be brought up, last season. I can't even remember her name. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be able to bring her back. [SPOILER]As she downloaded all of her memories into Discovery's computer. And they had all of that research into artificial intelligence, from the sphere.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]The scene between her and Michael really bugged me. While they were talking, but seemed to be forgetting that Commander Nhan was chocking to death, not far away. Maybe try and help her.[/SPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Okay, so that person wasn't a robot. Would've been nice to have seen that be brought up, last season. I can't even remember her name. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be able to bring her back. [SPOILER]As she downloaded all of her memories into Discovery's computer. And they had all of that research into artificial intelligence, from the sphere.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]The scene between her and Michael really bugged me. While they were talking, but seemed to be forgetting that Commander Nhan was chocking to death, not far away. Maybe try and help her.[/SPOILER]
    They said Airiamís name a bunch of times throughout the episode. If Dr. Culber can get resurrected, I donít see why a half human/cyborg who downloaded her memories to the Discovery computer canít somehow live on in some shape or form just as easily.

Anyway...

It feels a little lame that they used a hologram to to set up Spock...and I think itís because the Orville had a similar reveal on an episode a few weeks ago and they did it better.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567