Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Stranger Than Reality! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    David Ajala (Supergirl) is joining the cast as a series regular next season.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/20/star-t...id-ajala-book/

If you saw the season finale you know [SPOILER] Michael and some of the Discovery crew jumped into the future. It’s been revealed how far into the future.[/SPOILER]

https://deadline.com/2019/07/star-tr...on-1202649788/
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-20-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Kept waiting for the rest of the crew to show up.

Michael thinks that it's impossible for the Federation to be gone, almost a thousand years into the future. The British Empire came and went. The Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Roman Empire, the German Empire, the Austro-Hungarian Empire. All great powers have both a sunrise and a sunset. Why would the Federation be any different? Sure, you don't spend all day thinking about when the end might come, but you shouldn't regard the end as something impossible. All you can do is hope that, when the sunset arrives for a great power, it's non-violent and that the replacement(s) is a benevolent power.

When Book linked the end of the Federation to "the Burn", I got nervous that they'd try to link the end of the Federation to Michael (Burnham).
    Last edited by jon-el87; 10-16-2020 at 04:50 AM.

I haven’t seen the season premiere yet but, it’s been renewed for S4!!!

I really liked the cinematography in this first episode. I don’t know where they filmed but, the location was simply beautiful.

I’m ok if we spend another episode or two with Burnham and Book. It’s obvious where they’re going with those two; the chemistry is absolutely there. Besides I’d like to learn a bit more about Book and his ability to channel nature.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post

When Book linked the end of the Federation to "the Burn", I got nervous that they'd try to link the end of the Federation to Michael (Burnham).
    We don’t know yet that it isn’t linked to her. It would be a bit too obvious but, than again they could be telling us that it is Burnham from episode one. It’s never simple with time travel. Regardless, we’ll learn how exactly the Federation “burned” through the course of this season.

Hopefully, Anthony Rapp will eventually post a picture of himself on Twitter, sporting a T-shirt with that text. I always like Rapp and Cruz's scenes together.

After an all-Michael episode, I appreciate the others getting an episode to themselves ([SPOILER]even if Michael then shows up at the end and saves the day. Because, of course, she has to[/SPOILER]). Really thought the other characters got a chance to shine. Being more like the protagonists and the ones that get to save the day, when Michael isn't around to fix everything for them.

Curious to know what's up with [SPOILER]Detmer. Is it some trauma, caused by the crash... or is there something more sinister going on? Kept expecting Detmer (who is a cyborg) to be revealed to have been infected by Control. Maybe she will.[/SPOILER]

It was nice to get a chance to focus on the rest of the Discovery crew/cast for an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by jon-el87 View Post
    Curious to know what's up with [SPOILER]Detmer. Is it some trauma, caused by the crash... or is there something more sinister going on? Kept expecting Detmer (who is a cyborg) to be revealed to have been infected by Control. Maybe she will.[/SPOILER]
    I was wondering the same thing. Keyla seemed off even after she was cleared from sickbay.

Anyway...

I really love Michelle Yeoh; she’s just such a treasure. I need to see her get more action like in this second episode. Her snarky comments throughout the episodes were priceless but, she also can still kick butt. I really hope she does get her own series eventually. We know as this series/universe expands her anti-hero antics are going to be that much more entertaining to watch.

I also really like Jett (Tig Notaro) she brings a similar snark but, she does it as a way to help others unlike Georgiou who’s too smart for her own good.

Even though I’ve never watched “The Walking Dead”...I understood the Negan reference made (which other sites pointed out) in this episode. It was more western inspired though, with Tilly and Saru going into the town/the saloon and having to save the miners (why is it always miners or farmers, or simple folk in these things? it’s such a tired trope) from Zareh and his croons.

So Michael landed a year before the rest of the crew. I hope we get some flashbacks to what she’s been up to with Book. I assume she’s come to understand what happened during “the burn”...at least learn a bit about the history of who or what caused the Federation’s end.

I do have one nagging nitpick...Its just that everyone figures out that they’re time travelers from the past and come to that realization so quickly. Are they just that easy to spot (besides their federation uniforms)?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678