No announcement yet.

The Punisher

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Punisher

Rumor has it that Marvel is considering swapping Iron Fist for a series based around Jon Bernthal’s Punisher. The folks over at Peel the Orange are reporting that a source has told them that...

Marvel can’t quite seem to figure out how to put Iron Fist into the equation and time is running out. They’re very pleased with how Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle for Season 2 of Daredevil and know that the fans have a great appreciation for the character. They also know that a Punisher series would be much cheaper and more marketable. They have a contract with Netflix and have to do something. It appears that for this phase of shows, time is running thin for Iron Fist.
    It's a bit sketchy when the source told them and then they're telling everyone else but, I think it makes more sense to have a Punisher series than Iron Fist (if it is indeed true), especially if they want to keep their series' grounded as possible.

Would you prefer to see a Punisher series or an Iron Fist one?

If i remember correctly, there were reports this summer that Marvel was having trouble cracking Iron Fist successfully. My guess is, if its true, then based on the positive feedback they're getting of Jon Bernthal as The Punisher, it would be easy for Marvel to give him a show. They can always come back to Iron Fist later but if they REALLY need a new show then i dont blame them for going with what could be a sure thing.

Comment

I'm fine with going Punisher instead of Iron Fist since I F wasn't really high on my personal "favorites" list. The only question I have is what does this mean for the Defenders mini series? Will they go with a threesome on Defenders instead? Will they introduce Iron Fist in Defenders as planned and just delay his own show? Frank and Matt have a difficult enough time teaming up for a duo so I'm not sure how well they'd do together on a bigger team. I would like to see what somebody like Netflix could do with a character like Iron Fist though in the future if they plan on scrapping him now due to time release issues.

Comment

I love Iron Fist, though I'd prefer him in a buddy series with Luke Cage... maybe they could do that for Luke Cage Season 2.

I don't believe Marvel has totally given up on Iron Fist, though... usually you can tell by the trade paperback collections that come out what is in the pipeline, and there's been a bit of Iron Fist stuff.

That said, Punisher is ready, and available, and a lot more likely. And at the end of the day, a Punisher Netflix show IS more exciting of a prospect than Iron Fist would be.

Comment

Now there r rumors Netflix may do a movie for Iron Fist and see how that goes.

Comment

It just adds more fuel to the fire that we'll see a Punisher series before they get Iron Fist all straighten out.

Comment

In a IGN interview, Joe Quesada denied this rumor. Iron Fist is still on.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                In a IGN interview, Joe Quesada denied this rumor. Iron Fist is still on.
                He shot down the Iron Fist Netflix movie but, he didn't say one way or the other about a Punisher series. All he stated about that was...

I think we’d love to see something happen, but it’s way too soon to tell, and we don’t necessarily like to discuss which metrics we use to decide these things. What I can tell you, is that anyone who is a hardcore Punisher fan is going to be blown away and incredibly satisfied by Bernthal’s take on Frank Castle. It’s one of those cases where it’s the character from the pages come to life.
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

If Bernthal does get his own Punisher series, I just might forgive "Shane" for going all barbarian on Rick on TWD's S2.

He is so going to bring it as Castle.

Comment

The Punisher spinoff starring Jon Bernthal is in Development at Netflix, according to TVLine.

It's still going to be a question of when....after Iron Fist, after The Defenders???
                    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-17-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 04-29-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

It was only a matter of when and it's now

Comment

I did not understand the hype going in, but Bernthal was excellent. I'm game.

Comment

Comment

English actor Ben Barnes (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian) has been cast in a series-regular role opposite Jon Bernthal

http://tvline.com/2016/09/12/the-pun...arvel-netflix/

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎