Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series 10 News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i wrote that post this morning. I get off work and find out THIS news. Bookies have suspended betting on Kris Marshall, a British actor who had just left Death In Paradise. It was also noted that that announcement was made within two days of Peter Capaldi stating that he would be leaving Doctor Who at the end of season/series 10.

This was pointed out to me by numerous sites including my friend Brian who has a good feeling about this kind of stuff. He pointed out the same thing happened days, maybe a week or two, before Peter Capaldi was announced to be succeeding Matt Smith.

The fact that bookies have suspended betting when it comes to Kris Marshall is very suspicious to me. This has to be more than just a coincidence. Not only that but just a little more than a month from now, Doctor Who Season/Series 10 premieres. Its got me thinking. If this is happening this early, what if they do what they did in Season/Series 1 and Peter regenerates at the end of the season then with the Christmas special, Kris officially debuts as The Doctor?

Also they did say they were going to take a short break before filming Christmas 2017 special. Combine that with news breaking today of this and it seems kinda more than a coincidence.

Comment

0:47 Okay, so they're bringing back the original look for the Cybermen.

Comment

An interesting tidbit about Bill...She will be openly gay.

http://tvline.com/2017/04/01/doctor-...kie-interview/

I guess that's why the odd name choice for the companion.

Comment

Comment

What ive been hearing lately is that BBC has decided Kris Marshall will be the next Doctor but it hasnt been announced yet. There r also reports hes going to b on set soon filming with the cast. Take that with a grain of salt but keep in mind three things. First, in the new trailers they keep showing that regeneration scene. Second, Capaldi said on Graham Norton hes filmed his last scenes as The Doctor. Third, Marshall caused the bookers to shut down bets which is a flashback to what happened with Capaldi so it wouldn't surprise me if hes got the job.

Also been hearing David Bradley from An Adventure In Space and Time will be in the Christmas special as the first Doctor. He will reportedly be the companion to whichever Doctor is in the special. If thats true then im all for it!

Comment

With today's news that Sleepy Hollow has been cancelled, I'm doing a lot of wishful thinking that Tom Mison becomes the new Doctor.

I know that they probably already have their new Doctor to be introduced in this year's Christmas special but, One can only hope.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-10-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Its not a bad casting choice darkphoenix21. Hes a good actor and looks to be the age theyd be seeking. Like u said, theyve probably already picked out the next Doctor but i could see Tom playing him down the line if hes interested.

Comment

Michelle Gomez has confirmed she will be leaving Doctor Who at the end of the season along with showrunner Steven Moffat and Peter Capaldi. Sad to see her exiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                    Michelle Gomez has confirmed she will be leaving Doctor Who at the end of the season along with showrunner Steven Moffat and Peter Capaldi. Sad to see her exiting.
                    Well, a new actress (or back to actor) can take over the role to match whoever they've chosen for the next Doctor.

Comment

Thatll b cool now we can speculate who thatll b too. I like throwing out guesses even though ill miss Peter, Michelle, Steven Moffat, Matt Lucas and Pearl Mackie.

Comment

Russell T. Davies said this past wknd that he knows who the new Doctor will be played by. Im not surprised. They probably asked for his input since they want more of a Tennant era Doctor if reports are true.

On the same note about the next person to play The Doctor, rumors are consistent that the new actor will appear in the season finale. Wouldn't be a bad way to introduce him. On that note, Kris Marshall's name keeps appearing as the most likely candidate so im gonna stick with him as the next Doctor.

Comment

So apparently Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been liked possibly leaked or something to be the new Doctor?

I'm really hoping this just a bunch of news and internet rubbish. I really don't want a female Doctor.

Also what scares me is I don't trust writers to actually not throw in over female empowerment stuff and all that in this day and age.

I really hope it's Kris Marshall or somebody like that.
                          Last edited by Haggard01; 07-07-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Dont worry Phoebe and her reps came out and flat out said shes too busy. Im still going with Kris Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                              Dont worry Phoebe and her reps came out and flat out said shes too busy. Im still going with Kris Marshall.
                              Well that's good on her being to busy. I just hope they don't have any other female actresses in considered for The Doctor or that Phoebe is just saying "she's to busy" to throw people off and really is going to be the next one.

Yeah me to on Kris Marshall.

Comment

The next Doctor will be announced on sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎