No announcement yet.

Series 10 News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Interview on Den Of Geek with Steven Moffat from this weekend. When asked if Capaldi will b leaving as well once Steven Moffat exits, Moffat says that Peter Capaldi is NOT regenerating this coming season/series 10. So that puts the rumors of his exit this coming season to rest even BEFORE this season begins in 2017. There were also rumors he was going to leave at Christmas this yr. Thats been debunked with the interview as false too.

Comment

David Suchet will play the Landlord in an episode written by Mike Bartlett.

Comment

Latest news is that season/series 10 is supposedly premiering April 2017.

Comment

Series 10 trailer!

Comment

Peter Capaldi has confirmed that S10 will be his last...

Last edited by KSiteTV; 01-30-2017, 04:04 PM. Reason: KSiteTV link please

Comment

Yeah was just coming to see if it was confirmed.

Im going to miss Peter Capaldi. Hes definitely earned my respect.

Now watch the runors start flying that Smith and Tennant are returning. Smith is busy with The Crown Netflix show and David with Ducktales so they arent coming back yet. I know Hayley Atwell has said she wants to be The Doctor and im down for that.

Comment

I'm already trying to speculate where they'll go with The 13th Doctor... I would want them to go young (a teenage Doctor between 16-18) but, I assume they couldn't go that young because he's "The Doctor"; than I think it wouldn't be a big deal and they could make jokes about how young he is. I just want see the Doctor do a bit more than talk his way out of things. They could also do crossovers with Class if it last more then a season.

Comment

I was just reading comments on other sites and one name that came up for the 13th Doctor: Tom Mison ...perfect timing/choice if Sleepy Hollow finally gets cancelled in May;he'll need a new gig

Comment

The constant rumor that keeps popping up is theyre going with someone young and female. Now articles keep coming up saying Olivia Colman and Hayley Atwell. Either one would be fabulous. People moan saying The Doctor cant be female. Um The Master became Missy and i love how Michelle Gomez has been as her. More proof the right actress can do a great job. So if its a female Doctor and they're good i dont mind at all.

Btw until yesterday, the bookers favorite was Ben Whishaw. That changed and now its Olivia Colman so we'll see. My guess? Last time when Peter was announced it was early August. It would not surprise me if thats the same time we hear the new Doctor announced this time around.

Comment

I'm fairly new to the Doctor Who phenomenon but, I've always had the impression that "The Doctor" has always traditionally been a British caucasian male. Missy was a bit of a loophole in that even though she's a time-lord, she isn't our main time-lord.

I, unfortunately, think they'll go non-caucasian before they'll go female.

Comment

There was a line in an ep of The Sarah Jane Adventures where someone told her that The Doctor won't always be white and will not always be a male. So it sounds like they knew then they may take that route. Plus remember during the season finale of Who, Peter's Doctor asks the General how many regenerations and the General says 10. The Doctor says something like good luck, shoots him and runs off with Clara. The General falls and regenerates becoming a woman. So i think thats hinting whats going to happen when Peter leaves.

Moffat has been outright saying Timelords have the ability to change gender and skin color since that episode The Doctor's Wife. So i think the fact that they said that in the ep, that line in SJA, the regeneration of the General into a female and Master becoming Mistress aka Missy is just setting up that we are VERY close to a female Doctor coming up.

On a different note, when i heard Peter confirming his exit, it reminded me of a very strong rumor that we wont see season/series 11 until fall 2018. It makes me sad because Sir John Hurt passed away about a week ago and i had a thought that if they wanted to do some specials or something to keep everyone satisfied until season/series 11, War Doctor specials could have been a really fun and cool idea. If John had been interested i wouldve definitely watched and four specials done everyone other month couldve really helped the fans pass the time faster.

I guess they could do the same thing with McGann before he becomes War Doctor and it would work too. Anyone else have those thoughts?
                          Last edited by Austin 3:16; 02-03-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Season/Series 10 premieres on April 15th, 2017 followed by the American series premiere of the spinoff series Class (I enjoyed the first season of that series).

In other news...

Incoming Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall has spoken for the first time about the challenge of replacing Peter Capaldi on the series. He said this about finding the new Doctor:

"We'll cast the role in the traditional way: write the script, then go and find the best person for that part in that script," he said. "You couldn't go out and cast an abstract idea."

That said, Chibnall did reveal that he has "a very clear sense" of what the new Doctor will be like.

"The creative possibilities are endless, but I have a very clear sense of what we're going to do, without even knowing who's going to play the part," he said.

Comment

Comment

Anthony Stewart Head from Buffy The Vampire Slayer did an interview where he said hed gladly play The Doctor if they asked him to succeed Peter Capaldi.

I would definitely be open to him being the new Doctor. Hes been on there during the Tennant era but others have played different roles and returned as the lead on this show. Even Peter Capaldi was more than one role on Doctor Who and Torchwood and hes done a fantastic job as our favorite Timelord.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎