No announcement yet.

Series 10 News

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 10 News

Series 10 is already a go as we know. The Mirror reports that Peter Capaldi has signed on for series/season 10 now and has an option for series/season 11!

According to interview with Variety, showrunner Steven Moffat says the show will last at least 5 more years and thinks they can definitely go more than that. So looks like it should be around for a long time folks. Especially since in the same article Moffat confirmed Capaldi is "not going anywhere". We know hes signed up for next season already but to hear Steven Moffat say hes "not going anywhere" is a very good sign.

Comment

Moffat has come out and said that he thinks the show will have a 100 year anniversary before, and I have to agree. I expect at least 1 more reboot before then, maybe an early second one as i'd say this current run of it will easily end up hitting 20 seasons.
      I actually wouldn't be surprised if this run ended after all 13 variation's of the doctor in his current regeneration cycle had been shown with a small teaser for the next generation to eventually pick up on.

Comment

BBC News put up clip. Its confirmed. Peter Capaldi said there WILL BE a full season 10 in 2016! Moffat and writer Mark Gatiss both said same thing along with Capaldi in The Guardian. Moffat also said not to worry about overnight ratings because theyre not considered final ratings.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see if Capaldi ends up being the longest standing Doctor in a single run. Unlike the majority of other actor's, he's someone who is older so he wouldn't feel the need to "move on" from the series. He's done his parts in other things and he's now living out a boyhood fantasy by being the Doctor so as long I'm expecting to see him for at least 5 seasons, if not more.

Comment

Steven Moffat has said he will be sticking around for at least one more yr.

Peter Jackson put up video indicating he will be directing an ep of Who. It features him and his daughter talking about how he doesnt understand half the stuff Moffat emails him about. Current Doctor Peter Capaldi and a Dalek also make appearances. Hmm....
            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 11-30-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Capaldi is hinting that the upcoming tenth season of Doctor Who may be his last.

“This could be my final year,” said Capaldi during an interview with Telegraph. “It’s terrifying. I love Doctor Who but it can be quite an insular world and I do want to do other things. There will come a time when this is over. But I knew that when I started. I was thinking about my regeneration scene from the outset. That’s my terrible melancholic nature. When you accept the job you know there will come a day, inevitably, when you’ll be saying goodbye.”

He's also recovering from a knee operation due to the constant running he's had to do playing the Doctor.

Funny how things change, I remember Capaldi saying he wanted to play the character for the longest run. Yet, he may be playing the Doctor just as long as Tenant or Smith.

Comment

I don't think it will be his final year, I think he'll have 1 more year after it and then it will be passed on. Right now he's just probably thinking that as he's getting older he has less time to do other things but I think there is so much of this Doctor left to see we really need at least 2 more season's with him and providing that Moffat came up with a good plan for a couple of season's Capaldi would stick around.

I also wouldn't be surprised that he has probably gotten extremely used to working with Jenna so her now being gone brings that thought into his head as if he doesn't click with the new companion he'd likely want to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                  I don't think it will be his final year, I think he'll have 1 more year after it and then it will be passed on. Right now he's just probably thinking that as he's getting older he has less time to do other things but I think there is so much of this Doctor left to see we really need at least 2 more season's with him and providing that Moffat came up with a good plan for a couple of season's Capaldi would stick around.

I also wouldn't be surprised that he has probably gotten extremely used to working with Jenna so her now being gone brings that thought into his head as if he doesn't click with the new companion he'd likely want to leave.
                  Yeah it kinda reminds me of when Jared and Jensen lost Kim Manners during Supernatural. Around the time he passed i believe both of them said they werent sure if they would do the show much longer. After they did more and more of the series though, both said they feel the show has gotten better as its gone on and will stay with it as long as possible. Im sure Peter misses working with Jenna Coleman but i agree with Lipzo. I dont see Peter leaving at the end of season/series 10.

Keep in mind he said it COULD be his final season like has been pointed out in the interview. He may just be tired from filming and also wanting to rest his body. If he has said hed like to stay on as long as possible then im going to agree with Lipzo and say he stays for 10 and 11 and then makes his exit.

BBC is very happy with him and Peter has said multiple times this is his dream job. He is signed for season 10 and has an option for season 11. I think once we get closer to the conclusion of 10 we will see him make a firm announcement as to his future with Who. Also keep in mind there r a number of possibilities at work here. Maybe Moffat and BBC told him to say this stuff so it would be intentionally vague regarding his future. Also, between the ridiculous rumors of him regenerating at the end of the season 9 finale, that the future Doctor actor would be revealed in the same finale for season 9, then the rumors he had one foot out the door when it came to the Husbands Of River Song. Also, how long did it take for BBC to confirm that Jenna was leaving? Even when us fans knew that she was leaving they still took their sweet time to confirm that and only seemed to do it when Jenna herself announced it.

Basically, im in the belief as well that Capaldi will stick around for season 10, use his option for season 11, and BBC will announce his successor before 11 is halfway over. Or at least once we get closer to the Christmas special after 11 concludes u know?

Comment

Steven Moffat will leave Doctor Who after Season/Series 10 Radio Times confirms. Chris Chibnall who is Broadchurch's showrunner will take over following 10 which will air in spring of 2017. Why the delay in the show? The people in charge know 2016 will be VERY busy with The Olympics and other stuff so they felt it was best to hold off on Season/Series 10 until spring 2017. Now we will get a new Christmas special in 2016 but its not known if the new companion will b a part of that.

Comment

Comment

Odd name choice for the new campanion...Bill, why not Billie at the very least.

Comment

Yeah i agree. When they said Bill i thought maybe it was going to b a male companion until i saw the actress name. I dont mind it but i wouldnt have minded them calling her Billie.

I like the video introducing her but i thought they were just going to do something where it was in front of a live audience like when they announced Peter Capaldi. They could've had Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman and maybe Catherine Tate and other actors and actresses show up and do interviews too. Maybe since it was just during the halftime event in U.K. that's why they just did a quick video?

Comment

Comment

Going by how she's dressed, I get the feeling Bill will be from the 80's/early 90's.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎