Settling In

Major Players still to come

Death told Dean that it took God and his archangels to defeat the darkness the first time. Well, there are no Archangels left that we are aware of. Michael and Lucifer are in the cage, and Raphael and Gabriel were killed. Gabriel could have used a trick to deceive Lucifer. I'm still not convinced Death was killed. I find it very hard to believe Death would hand Dean the only weapon in creation that could kill him, especially when any other weapon would be suffice in killing Sam. Or its just very poor and lazy writing

We already had mention of Michael and Lucifer in the first episode. God gave Sam visions in the second episode. When Cas asked Gabriel if he was really did in that gas station, Gabriel never denied it. We never saw Dean deliver the killing blow to Cain ( Wish they would introduce Abel).

All I'm saying is the Darkness is the most powerful big baddy they have ever faced. And they are going to need all the help they can get.

well I'm sure Michael and Lucifer will make a triumphant return and so will Gabriel I think

Forum Whiz
    As mentioned in other threads, I highly doubt Death is "dead" as we know it. More likely he's out and about searching for a new vessel. The actor playing him simply could've wanted "out" and this was their way of giving it to him. However the writers could still easily reinsert the character any time they wish with the excuse of that not being Death's "real" scythe that he uses when he reaps.

As for major players contending with the darkness, you still have: God (naturally, but that's only if/when the writers decide to bring him in), Michael, Lucifer (trapped in the cage as mentioned, something tells me they get released this season), a still "likely" Gabriel (He's been known to fake deaths before anyways and loves being a trickster), Cass, and if necessary, Crowly. I doubt his "alliance" (more like "convenience" for the Darkness than anything) with the darkness will last long before one of them tries to backstab the other.

Also, I have a sinking feeling that Cain is still well alive (just with his arm cut off), so he may be around to throw kinks into anyone's plans.

Also, don't forget, the writers can always make up an ally for Sam and Dean if need be.

Forum Whiz
    Didn't read my other thread? Kinda late to the party. I don't think anyone on here thought the mention of Michael and Lucifer was just lip service. And death being dead is up for debate at this point. It would be nice if he couldn't be killed. But these writers are often narrow sighted. We'll see.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 10-17-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    As mentioned in other threads, I highly doubt Death is "dead" as we know it. More likely he's out and about searching for a new vessel. The actor playing him simply could've wanted "out" and this was their way of giving it to him. However the writers could still easily reinsert the character any time they wish with the excuse of that not being Death's "real" scythe that he uses when he reaps.

As for major players contending with the darkness, you still have: God (naturally, but that's only if/when the writers decide to bring him in), Michael, Lucifer (trapped in the cage as mentioned, something tells me they get released this season), a still "likely" Gabriel (He's been known to fake deaths before anyways and oves being a trickster), Cass, and if necessary, crowly. I doubt his "alliance" (more like "convenience" for the Darkness than anything) with the darkness will last long before one of them tries to backstab the other.
    Also, I have a sinking feeling that Cain is still well alive (just with his arm cut off), so he may be around to throw kinks into anyone's plans.

Also, don't forget, the writers can always make up an ally for Sam and Dean if need be.
    I think Cain is definitely dead. If he wasn't he would have showed up by now. There is no practical use for him at this point. Padalecki has also confirmed his death.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I think Cain is definitely dead. If he wasn't he would have showed up by now. There is no practical use for him at this point. Padalecki has also confirmed his death.
    He was connected to the Mark longer than anyone, they could use him to possibly track The Darkness or perhaps killing Lucifer, Cain and Dean would kill The Darkness because they are eternally bound.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I don't buy it. There were no screams, no flash of light that demons normally give off when "stabbed to death" like Cain supposedly was.

Padalecki could easily be covering for a surprise appearance by the character later on.

But, as you said, there's no practical use for him, AT THE MOMENT. Hence why he hasn't showed up yet. There's still wiggle room to throw him in ALONG with Death if the writers deem fit, I just hope they do for Death if nothing else.
    Last edited by TyrantLord; 10-19-2015 at 10:25 AM.

yes I also still believe Cain is alive, it was just such an odd 'death' scene.. none of the typical stuff accompanying a demon's death were present

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    yes I also still believe Cain is alive, it was just such an odd 'death' scene.. none of the typical stuff accompanying a demon's death were present
    Also keep Cas in mind. Dean was about to give him the EXACT same killing stroke, but all he did in the end was stab the ground next to him because he was fighting the mark.

I believe the exact same thing happened with Cain.

If the Mark protects it's current, and former, owners...then Cain is not dead.

It's also possible that because we fans all know that killing angels and demons results in a dramatic death (lights, sound, wings, etc.) that the writers aren't using that anymore on certain characters to keep the ability to bring them back without a lot of us screaming plot hole, etc. Gabriel is a prime example of that. Now, being the Trickster gives the writers the wee bit of wiggle room to bring him back, but Raphael? that will be a hard one to pull off. Same goes for Balthazar or Zachariah or Gadreel or any other angel (or Meg) that I would love to see make a reappearance on the show. Having a Void or another wing of Purgatory for angels and demons would make that a lot more plausible.

Forum Whiz
    He was stabbed with the blade though. There is no reason to think Cain was lying when he said Dean could kill him with the blade. So I think with that evidence I will have to side on him being dead. I agree they sort of left it ambiguous but I chalk it up to not only inconsistency but the flash of death we normally see would have undermined the exquisite acting we got from Jensen in that moment. If you really go back and listen to it we did get a "WOOSH" sound when the blade went down. We don't normally get a WOOSH when demons teleport.

If Raphael does come back I think the only way they will be able to explain it is God reassembling him like he did Castiel and I put money on that happening. This really does sound like an ALL HANDS ON DECK scenario.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 10-20-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Regular
    I definitely think Cain is dead. There's no real reason for him to be left alive. He was killing people so if Dean had the opportunity to kill him I can't see him letting Cain go.

God should make an appearance as well as Michael and Lucifer as Dean and Sam.

New In Town
    Maybe they will bring Jesse back also if Lucifer returns