Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I love the idea of another dimension that angels, reapers, etc. go when they die! I remember it being a passing thought when Gabriel was killed by Lucifer. I hope they deal with this somewhat if help is needed by archangels. I kinda hope they do because what seems to be missing from the past few seasons is allies and old characters. They have all been killed off. I understand that it's important to make the enemy appear as a larger threat than previous seasons but it has really hurt the show. Maybe this is their chance to fix some of this. Just feels like something is missing for the past couple of seasons. Maybe it's just me?

Also, I wonder if there is even a place for the pure energy beings, angels, demons, reapers, ghosts, etc.? I mean they are already immortal so did God plan a place for those who cannot die of natural causes? We saw that ghosts return to heaven or hell after having their bones burned. Why does this not happen to demons since they just are twisted, evil souls? The soul cannot die so where do dead demons go as well? Do angels have souls? Or are they already souls themselves in a way? Either way, if the boys end up needing help (or have to deal with them inadvertently) from the archangels or not... I hope they touch on this subject a little. Would be interesting to see how they handle all of this... I feel like the writers could use a little help from us super fans with the mythology of Supernatural sometimes. Hehehe!
    Last edited by sino8r; 10-20-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Forum Whiz
    I think the idea of a place where Angels and Demons going when they die since neither of this actually have souls causes somewhat of an existential crisis for these writers. Crowley famously didn't have a soul when he tried to buy the tablet and Cas specifically said he didn't have a soul when Crowley wanted to make a deal with him to find purgatory. They even made a bit of a joke about when Dean and Cas were in purgatory about specifically where monsters in purgatory would go if they died. I definitely think that was a bit of a jab at the idea.

I think that Sam and Dean are most likely going to have to let Michael and Lucifer out. Perhaps with The Darkness out Lucifer has changed? I still wonder if it was either stored within him and also wonder how he has changed post escape.

And it's definitely not just you when it comes to the idea of missing characters. While we have had some pretty interesting fan service with Bobby the last few seasons yet I could have sworn season 9 was the perfect time to go back to heaven and get the band back together on the other side of the veil. We had all this lip service about how Heaven wasn't functioning properly due to the Angels falling. I think the severely missed a great opportunity for Ash to jail break everyone and take the fight to Metatron. I just keep seeing these awesome visuals of everyone's heavens breaking down. Hell, if they really wanted to they could have made each heaven similar to the X-Men/Star Trek holodecks. Something...ANYTHING. But alas no can do....but the INSIDE MAN episode was pretty great last season.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 10-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I think the idea of a place where Angels and Demons going when they die since neither of this actually have souls causes somewhat of an existential crisis for these writers. Crowley famously didn't have a soul when he tried to buy the tablet and Cas specifically said he didn't have a soul when Crowley wanted to make a deal with him to find purgatory. They even made a bit of a joke about when Dean and Cas were in purgatory about specifically where monsters in purgatory would go if they died. I definitely think that was a bit of a jab at the idea.

I think that Sam and Dean are most likely going to have to let Michael and Lucifer out. Perhaps with The Darkness out Lucifer has changed? I still wonder if it was either stored within him and also wonder how he has changed post escape.

And it's definitely not just you when it comes to the idea of missing characters. While we have had some pretty interesting fan service with Bobby the last few seasons yet I could have sworn season 9 was the perfect time to go back to heaven and get the band back together on the other side of the veil. We had all this lip service about how Heaven wasn't functioning properly due to the Angels falling. I think the severely missed a great opportunity for Ash to jail break everyone and take the fight to Metatron. I just keep seeing these awesome visuals of everyone's heavens breaking down. Hell, if they really wanted to they could have made each heaven similar to the X-Men/Star Trek holodecks. Something...ANYTHING. But alas no can do....but the INSIDE MAN episode was pretty great last season.
    Would have been so cool to see Ash, Jo, Ellen, Bobby, Rufus, and Pamela kicking it in Heaven, causing all sorts of mayhem!

I don't doubt for a moment that we will get something like this.....

pretty please...!

Forum Whiz
    My theory as it stands is still very much in play. Anyone got any thoughts or additions since we are about to be on the home stretch?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12