Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel's Legion (FX)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only saw the first 1/2 of the premiere before I fell asleep. It was very weird. I'm not quite sure what was going on. The only thing I got was that there was a clandestine organization that was exploiting the guy's abilities and that's where I left off. I have to finish the episode and than give it another episode or 2 to see if I'll stick around. It's not a series for everyone.

Comment

It's not a series for everyone.
      Yeah I know. I went on other sites where 1/3rd of the people that watched it didn't like it.

I loved it; it's my favorite Marvel show after just one episode.

Comment

One question, what happened with the body swapping? Dave swapped bodies with her and left the hospital. Then suddenly, he's in his own body but somehow out the hospital. Couldn't follow that bit.

Comment

Thought the pilot was pretty boring. Hopefully, the next episode will be more interesting.

Comment

We should get a forum for this instead of just a thread — I have a feeling there will be much to discuss! Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

For the first episode, here's what I think the timeline is:

David's growing up montage
            Going to college, gets kicked out
            Tries to hang himself
            Moves in with sister
            Trashes sister's kitchen
            Moves to Clockworks mental hospital
            Sister visits him on birthday
            Meets Sydney, becomes her boyfriend
            Sydney starts to leave, they kiss and switch, chaos
            David (as Sydney) leaves clockworks.
            They switch back, tho through teleporting instead of just mind-switching (as they did before).
            David moves in to his sister's house (on Halloween)
            David tries to call hospital to see what is the deal with Sydney, David is followed by Mutant People. Kidnapped by Shady Government Agency
            David is questioned by SGA.
            David is put in swimming pool, [Sydney enters his memory of the day that he called the hospital], escapes with the help of Mutant People.
            Last edited by cleoslemonade; 02-12-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

That kitchen that was ruined was the apartment he had with his ex-girlfriend Philly.

Comment

Thanks! Man, this show is confusing. I like it though -- it's a mystery to be solved. One thing that I can't figure out is this: when David is in Clockworks, and Syd is due leave the next day, she sneaks into his room to tell him. But, we don't see her enter -- it's just an empty doorway opening and shutting. Does this mean that David is imagining her? Is she ever real? Or is she projecting herself into his mind/memory that time?

Comment

Chapter 2 was last night, it was also great.

I think it was easier to follow (IMO) than Chapter 1 so if that was the biggest problem from the first episode you might like it more.

Comment

Thought it was better than the first one.

The demon David keeps seeing is probably the show's version of [SPOILER]the Shadow King.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I just finally finished the first episode..those last 5 minutes helped to convince me to stay with it. I'm onto the second episode. I think the first episode needed exposition or it should have been back to back episodes; the first episode makes more sense with the second episode.

Comment

Watched the third episode earlier today. Not sure I'll be sticking with it.

Comment

It's been renewed for a 2nd season

As strange as the series is, I'm actually enjoying it. It's a bit of an abstract of a series.

Comment

That's great news I loved every episode so far.

Comment

This last episode was a complete "acid trip" though I'm getting it that it's all due to the Shadow King and what's going on in David's head. Is Syd in his head too? And/Or are they all now suck in David's head especially after he tried rescuing his sister; is he just that powerful?

I'm not sure they can keep this type of story telling going on for another season. They're going to have to tweak it some. They have to expand it beyond David's head.
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-20-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

S2 will premiere on: April 3rd @ 10pm

http://deadline.com/2018/02/legion-s...fx-1202279322/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎