No announcement yet.

Daily Planet

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Planet

Was that the Daily Planet in the final scene where the train was passing by and LexCorp too?

I don't remember seeing the Daily Planet or LexCorp in the final scene of 'Flash Of Two Worlds'

Comment

Close, a building with what could be considered a planet-like roof cap... though on Earth-2, you'd be looking for a Daily Star.

One thing that struck me: though I saw a few comments online on the "Golden" tint the E2 scenes were shot with (appropriate for its "Age"), I have yet to see a comment on the rocket in the background at STAR Labs. Is it just me or did it seem to anyone else to be a reproduction of the modern depictions of the rocket that brought baby Kal-L to Earth to become the Golden Age Superman?

Comment

Originally posted by North_O_49
        Close, a building with what could be considered a planet-like roof cap... though on Earth-2, you'd be looking for a Daily Star.

One thing that struck me: though I saw a few comments online on the "Golden" tint the E2 scenes were shot with (appropriate for its "Age"), I have yet to see a comment on the rocket in the background at STAR Labs. Is it just me or did it seem to anyone else to be a reproduction of the modern depictions of the rocket that brought baby Kal-L to Earth to become the Golden Age Superman?
        I hadn't really thought about the "golden" look of Earth Two. It does make sense. They do all sorts of things with lighting and tint. Subtle but effective.

I took a closer look at the opening scene from the Dr. Light episode, and there definitely is a Golden hue. But There's so much I just don't get about E2.

1) How are they both ahead of the times, and behind the times simultaneously? In the scene where Wells is giving his press conference on the Meta-detector, there's one woman with what appears to be a Iphone style recording device, where as the person next to her has a clunky, brick like recording device. Also, there's a guy with what appears to be a DLR camera, with an archaic flash bulb attached to it. The train, the space craft displayed, the style of dress, nearly everything makes it seem like this is a different timeframe but the appearance of Harrison Wells, suggests it's not.

How can it be the "Golden Age" if there are people with identical dopplegangers in each world? Coupled with the fact that none of the villains so far have been wearing anything resembling the style of dress from E2. Even Wells' style is more our world than theirs. It just seems like they could be a bit more consistent.

Comment

There could be factors in that universe that shunted the progress of fashion, technology, etc. Maybe all the super-modern elements are still too costly for the average customer, so they still have to make do with 50's style cameras, recordings, etc.
          So only affluent and well-off people would have things like the Iphones, etc.

Or it could be that the earth-2 people are just hipster douches who suddenly had strong nostalgia for all things 50's-themed. They claim that things were so much simpler back then and that they don't want to deal with modern problems.
          I kind of know older people who's like that, never mind that the 50's had it share of problems too. What if the higher-ups influenced the population into thinking that things would be better if they all would just go back to a simpler time.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎