No announcement yet.

Some of the Rules for Legends of Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the Rules for Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow boss Phil Klemmer reveals time travel rules where “death means death” and describes the Flash and Arrow spinoff as an anthology series.

Phil Klemmer had an interview with Collider where he explained some of the rules for Time Travel that they set up for Legends of Tomorrow.

We do construct a sort of rule on our show," he said. "If you kill me right now with a hatchet, the rest of the team on the show can't go back in time and stop you from hitting me with a hatchet. The rule is that you can't interfere with events that that you participated in. That creates a time paradox and black hole and horrible things happen.

We want to keep those tensions alive so when our characters are in moments of mortal peril that they do have consequences -- that it's not like 'Groundhog Day' and we'll start over tomorrow."
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 10-14-2015, 12:56 PM.

Unless you're the Doctor so of course you cheat!

Hmm turn up using the Tesselector or employ that organic duplicator stuff well before they got sentience of course well maybe not that then!

Then again he did get a wooden Cyberman to shoot itself!

Comment

We do construct a sort of rule on our show," he said. "If you kill me right now with a hatchet, the rest of the team on the show can't go back in time and stop you from hitting me with a hatchet. The rule is that you can't interfere with events that that you participated in. That creates a time paradox and black hole and horrible things happen.
      That's the easiest loophole I've ever seen. "The rest of the team" is not "you", since they were neither the hatchet swinger nor the hatchet recipient, they can go back in time because they did not participate.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        That's the easiest loophole I've ever seen. "The rest of the team" is not "you", since they were neither the hatchet swinger nor the hatchet recipient, they can go back in time because they did not participate.
        But it still creates the paradox as now the original timeline team now has no reason to go back and stop the person who would otherwise be doing that so you are back at square one.
        Time travel will make this entire show full of loop holes, it always does. Even Dr. Who has plenty of loop holes and the core of the show is time travel.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎