Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101

    Metas & Magic: The Interconnected DCwU

    During The Offer when Oliver conspicuously didn't react to the Lazarus Pit, Nable!Ras responded, "You don't seem all that phased by what I've told you." Before I knew the writers' intention to fully introduce magic in S4, I assumed that dialogue was to foreshadow that Nable!Ras didn't know about the metas. After all, the writers went out of their way to keep the League separate from Deathbolt when he was in Starling, and the Leaguers The Flash interacted with in the finale barely registered what happened. I hope I'm right and the writers meant to keep them separate as a tactical and philosophical ace in the hole.

    After all, a parallel could be drawn between the Ra's and the Speedsters. Speedsters time travel at great speed. The Ra's, and by extension Darhk, time travel forward very slowly in one direction because of the Lazarus water. Surely, the writers could and hopefully will do something with that thematically if not logistically. Additionally, Darhk's use of Blood Magic could be his Achilles Heel. If human blood is required, Barry or another Meta could slip in some of their blood. The magic would likely read the blood as not human, or at the very least tainted. This could slow or harm Darhk long enough for Team Arrow to get the drop on him.

  2. #2
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    It looks like I could be on the right track with my meta blood screwing with Darhk's blood magic and helping Team Arrow theory. They'll have ample opportunity to set that up during Darhk's appearances on the other DCwU shows, according to TV Line...

    Falling under the category of “You Can Never Have Too Much of a Good Thing,” Neal McDonough will bring Arrow baddie Damien Darhk to both of the CW superhero series’ offshoots — The Flash and the midseason entry DC’s Legends of Tomorrow...

    On Legends of Tomorrow, which as detailed during the series’ New York Comic-Con panel on Sunday will flit around time each week, McDonough told ComicBook.com, “I look exactly the same in 1975 but you see he’s not as confident, and doesn’t have such an agenda … as he does now.”

    During his visit to The Flash, meanwhile, “I’m just this crazy, fun, enjoy-everything-while-I-kill-everybody type of character.”
    Last edited by Raissa; 10-13-2015 at 02:15 PM.

  3. #3
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Oh wow. Using meta blood to mess up Darhk's power is looking even more likely, based on this excerpt from Entertainment Weekly...

    Is he immortal?
    Not immortal, but when he slices his arm open as we saw in episode 1, whatever happened thereafter fixes his body. If you shoot a bullet at him, he’ll just flick it back at you. If you try to hurt him, he’ll just crush you. If he touches you, you die. He’s not immortal. There are a couple in the universe who, obviously at some point, figure out the best of me. But until then, I’m going to rule the world and get it as quickly as possible. Every time I talk about Darhk for more than five minutes, I start to think, “Holy cow, this is crazy,” but it is.
    I think "whatever happened thereafter" is the key phrase. Team Arrow doesn't have the time or the resources to learn magic at this level or to camp out on Constantine's doorstep. If they want to disrupt the healing process while Darhk is vulnerable before he gets to "whatever happened thereafter," they're going to have to rely on what they already know and have to hand -- meta blood to counteract his blood magic.

  4. #4
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Oliver's response to Ras has been explained throughout the entirety of Arrow given that he has constantly said from S2 on wards that he saw things that were beyond belief (Prime example the Mirakuru), so you are reading far to much into that IMO.

    Your point about bringing Darhk into both the Flarrow cross-over and Legends I don't see as being as much given that it had been stated the first half of both seasons would be used to partially set up the characters of for Legion, so add that to the fact we see Darhk in ep. 1 then I'm truly not surprised every other time we don't see the big bad reveal until mid season. I very much thought we would be seeing a true combination between Team Arrow, Flash and what will be Legends during the Flarrow episode.

    About Meta blood being used to counter him, it's an interesting concept though from how the show has been going about Meta's they are still human just with extra powers. When Flash started they couldn't explain why he had powers (or chose not to), outside of it being something to do with the particle accelerator, they haven't came out and said that the DNA has been mutated just that it's different. So unless his magic is relies on the pure human genome (which wouldn't make sense given that everyone has a different genetic structure so it's impossible to cover even the majority of bases), Barry slipping blood creates problems. On top of that, we saw him using his own blood so Barry can't just quickly run in and change it over given that Darhk would immediately notice the wind that appears.


    I like your ideas, I just don't really see them being the way the show goes in the slightest. All of them create to many plot holes for me and that's just what I think of from the top of my head.

  5. #5
    Chlark Addict BkWurm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    2,687
    I do think stealing DD's magic bowl will come into play. Or breaking it. Of course he still had his stolen batch of water from the Lazarus Pit.

  6. #6
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    About Meta blood being used to counter him, it's an interesting concept though from how the show has been going about Meta's they are still human just with extra powers. When Flash started they couldn't explain why he had powers (or chose not to), outside of it being something to do with the particle accelerator, they haven't came out and said that the DNA has been mutated just that it's different. So unless his magic is relies on the pure human genome (which wouldn't make sense given that everyone has a different genetic structure so it's impossible to cover even the majority of bases), Barry slipping blood creates problems. On top of that, we saw him using his own blood so Barry can't just quickly run in and change it over given that Darhk would immediately notice the wind that appears.


    I like your ideas, I just don't really see them being the way the show goes in the slightest. All of them create to many plot holes for me and that's just what I think of from the top of my head.
    Thanks. I was thinking about the points you raise last night, actually. You're right. It could work, but they'd have to taint his blood with meta blood from the inside. The reason I thought of the idea is they've established that Arrow and Flash help each other with their respective Big Bads in ways that don't interfere with the other show's plot. Using meta blood against Darhk's magic could be equivalent to using Ray's nanotech against Reverse Flash. The question you raise, then, is if my idea to too convoluted, how else could they integrate Barry and Co. into the Darhk plot that contributes to Darhk's downfall, but doesn't overpower Arrow?

    That brings me back to philosophical and thematic parallels like the time travel one I raised in my initial post...

    After all, a parallel could be drawn between the Ra's and the Speedsters. Speedsters time travel at great speed. The Ra's, and by extension Darhk, time travel forward very slowly in one direction because of the Lazarus water.
    Perhaps, the writers will go that route if they can't workout the logistics.

  7. #7
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    I do think stealing DD's magic bowl will come into play. Or breaking it. Of course he still had his stolen batch of water from the Lazarus Pit.
    Good idea. About the Lazarus water, in the article I cite above NM said the ritual "fixes his body." That implies that the ritual is performing the same function as the Lazarus water. This implies that as with Nable!Ras, the water has been losing its effect on him and/or someone managed to taint the Lazarus water rendering it useless. Stein is a meta, perhaps he figured out how to taint the water during their trip to 1975, requiring Darhk to take up the magic. That would integrate metas and magic without derailing main plots.

  8. #8
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Connor Hawke confirmed for Legends. The write up says the GA has gone missing and he has to take his place. Looks like this Connor is not Oliver's son.

  9. #9
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Connor Hawke confirmed for Legends. The write up says the GA has gone missing and he has to take his place. Looks like this Connor is not Oliver's son.
    Well, considering the write-up for Eddie Thawne on "The Flash" said he was a cop hiding a dark and mysterious past, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Its also pretty clear that this one is from the future or an alternate world with the whole 'GA has gone missing, he takes his place'.

  10. #10
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Some where in the Untied States
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    Well, considering the write-up for Eddie Thawne on "The Flash" said he was a cop hiding a dark and mysterious past, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Its also pretty clear that this one is from the future or an alternate world with the whole 'GA has gone missing, he takes his place'.
    Very agreed on taking this with a grain salt.

  11. #11
    Posting Pro Raissa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,101
    I've had another thought about connecting Metas and magic. Nable!Ra's devised that goop to neutralize the pit. That implies that the DCwU writers are acknowledging a link between magic and chemistry -- the official term being alchemy. This, in turn, implies that the make-up of the goop that neutralized the pit could theoretically be reverse engineered (Hello Star Labs) and tweaked to also treat symptoms caused by the Pit, helping Thea and Sara in addition to what Constantine accomplishes.

  12. #12
    Forum Whiz TheSecretVampire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Raissa View Post
    It looks like I could be on the right track with my meta blood screwing with Darhk's blood magic and helping Team Arrow theory. They'll have ample opportunity to set that up during Darhk's appearances on the other DCwU shows, according to TV Line...


    Do we know if Darhk is still scheduled to show up on a episode of Flash? Right now, it looks bleak considering he is in jail, but I think we all know he'll get out of there and get his mystical and magic power back. I was just wondering if you or anyone else have heard anything more on when he's appearing in Flash.

  13. #13
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretVampire View Post
    Do we know if Darhk is still scheduled to show up on a episode of Flash? Right now, it looks bleak considering he is in jail, but I think we all know he'll get out of there and get his mystical and magic power back. I was just wondering if you or anyone else have heard anything more on when he's appearing in Flash.
    He did appear, in an ever so minor role, on the Flesh during the Flarrow episode that was used to set up Legends.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •