4 13.33%

5 16.67%

6 20.00%

1 3.33%

1 3.33%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - You have failed this omelette... err... city.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Green Arrow?"

Now that the forums are loading again (lol)... what did you all think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Better than the first episode of season 3 IMO.

A vast improvement over season 3, even Laurel was tolerable. A show like this is only as good as it's villain, and Darhk is off to a really good start. As for the tombstone at the end, my guess is either lance or possibly Oliver's son. Did anyone only sign a four year contract? Off topic, but I predict the highest rating episode of the entire series will be the Constantine episode.

New In Town
    I was good, until the grave site. They got in my feels with that.

Posting Pro
    Alright this is probably not going to be my only review of this episode.

First I'm in for the season. The Olicty romance while still there I didn't mind it and actually found my self enjoying the scenes. Also I thought about for it a bit but then I was kind of glad that Felicity was still the one who was helping the team in secret. Here's why, it made her independent and that is something for the character to survive after last year she desperately needed.

Moving on the Oliver and Diggle friction was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Thank goodness which I'm mostly referring to using it to have to much dumb drama.

With Diggle himself well I see him going down a dark path or more of like Oliver season 1 path.

Oliver well I just enjoyed him all around. I like the speech he gave.

Right now on the flashbacks I need another episode and at least 3 solid ones before I even touch those because there's barely anything to work with. Still I'm shocked Oliver's back on Lian Yu and I hope they keep him on the island because if they take him off again at another point it's going to get ridiculous. I did like how Oliver called Amanda by her first name due to how they were in season 2 and after this little stunt she pulled tonight I can see why the season 2 scene makes sense now.

I'm just shocked on Quentin, enough said.

On the tombstone it could be anybody and with no real information yet I'm going to keep an open mind. I liked the reference to Zoom upcoming so hmm things are going to get nuts on both shows.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    My 3 theories on who's tombstone it was. Felicity, Sara or Speedy.

I loved this entire episode. When he said he was The Green Arrow i cheered and was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

At the end i thought Ollie said Zoom but wasnt sure. Really good companion piece to last night's Flash season premiere and i cannot wait to see how it all leads into the LOT series as well.

I wanted it to keep going tonight which is what all shows should hope to leave viewers wanting.
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 10-07-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 View Post
    My 3 theories on who's tombstone it was. Felicity, Sara or Speedy.
    Unless there was a time skip at the end of the episode then it would make no sense for Felicity or Thea to be dead and even then I don't really see any of them being dead. There is no way they will kill off Felicity given Olicity, Barry didn't know Sara and she is already dead so it makes no sense for him to apologise for missing the funeral and they almost killed off Thea last season (pre the pit) and there is going to be a major storyline there I'd say with her and her insanity so she won't be dead either.

If I had to guess I would say it was Ray's grave.

I like the episode overall, my only question is what's the time difference between Flash and Arrow as it can't just be a single day given Barry mentioning Zoom and Oliver knowing about it.

I really liked the episode. I liked it more than The Calm in terms of a season premiere. I loved how we got to see Damian right upfront, and I liked his dialogue and Neil Mcdonough's performance. The action was top-notch as always and I really enjoyed seeing how Thea embraces the superhero adventures she goes on along with seeing a little bit of the mental effects of the Lazarus Pit. I'm OK with Oliver being with Felicity as long as they aren't arguing and Felicity isn't crying all the time like last season. As long as they have a happy, normal relationship, I'm cool with it, especially if it lets Felicity be the funny IT geek we all loved from the first two seasons. I also thought it was cool how they paid homage to the first few moments of the Pilot by having Oliver running through the woods in the first few seconds of this episode. Finally, I LOVED seeing Oliver suit up as GREEN Arrow and hearing him say the name! I'm really hopeful that this season will rock like the first two, and not feel adequate like Season 3.
    Last edited by Jedidavie0804; 10-07-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Forum Whiz
    I'll admit to having been pleasantly surprised at how much better the episode was than I expected but it was far from convincing me to return to regular viewing.

I understood Thea's loss of control, Diggle made perfect sense to me, Laurel I enjoyed, even Oliver was consistent to what we've seen so far. What I didn't like was Felicity, who seemed to know exactly what she wanted since her boyfriend supposedly died in prison during her college years suddenly is the one backing away from her dreamlife with Oliver and helping to convince him to return to Starling City? I would've bought Oliver wanting to return and Felicity supporting him a lot easier than she being the one wanting to back out of their tranquil lifestyle. And the most horrendous mistake the showrunners made right in the season opener was Quentin, I mean he returns to chasing the Arrow because he can no longer work outside of the law with a vigilante to save the city with a clear conscious but is willing to allow the murder of city officials and even join an organization such as HIVE and the only thing that slightly balks him is the attempt to blow up the train station? They've turned Quentin into a multi-personality sociopath. The grave scene did state it was 6 months later so it could very well be Felicity's grave and that there will be some sort of timewarp occurring to rectify it. Oliver did vow to kill the guy who did this so I can only see such a throw back into his old ways through some very major loss, Thea or Felicity.

Oh... On the TV speech, if Oliver is looking to become a new and more inspiring hero for the city, I wouldn't have continued with the same dark voice modulator. Voice altercation OK but I would've gone with something a lot more up beat than continuing with the Hood/Arrow voice considering both are supposedly dead.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 10-07-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Having watched the Flash season premiere, I had a feeling Arrow's might end up being better. And it was. For the main reason that it seems to have set up better season storylines than the Flash premiere did. Plus, the villain at first glance looks more promising.

The good:
    - Seeing Thea and Laurel in action. I actually enjoyed Team Diggle and I'm a bit bummed out we didn't see more of just the 3 of them taking down bad guys. Because the way this episode unfolded, it felt like those 3 did a lousy job of protecting the city.
    - Oliver's new suit.
    - Neal McDonough. He's so awesome.
    - The flashbacks: I always thought they should take place on the island, so hopefully they will stick with that.
    - The Quentin/Darkh collaboration. That was actually an interesting twist and it gives a new dimension to his character.
    - The gravestone tease. That was certainly original for this show. And it gives us something to speculate about over the next 3 months. However, the list of casualties can't be particulary long, imo. It's either Diggle or Thea. It won't be Felicity, although I wouldn't mind if it was right now.

The not so good
    - The Olicity scenes in general. I just didn't feel the chemistry. The scenes in the suburbs especially were ridiculously cheesy and pointless. I want to believe that they won't take it too far with the proposal, but when it comes to this relationship, I've come to expect the worst from the show. Hopefully they will tone down the relationship stuff in the weeks to come, because it's what dragging down the show at the moment.
    - So in her absence Felicity has been running Palmer Tech and helping Team Arrow. Does the character really need all this buttering up?
    - Diggle's anger. I kind of hoped it would have been resolved in this episode, but it looks like carrying on. Just for drama purposes.
    - "Star City", "The Green Arrow". While I appreciate the fact that the show finally went there, neither of those changes felt too organic. It's like they are trying to reboot the show a bit too aggressively.

7/10.
    Last edited by costas22; 10-08-2015 at 04:42 AM.

Posting Pro
    So, I just finished the season 4 premiere (thank goodness for Amazon Prime). I decided to write up this review and post it before I read anyone else’s reviews.

From the beginning of the episode, we can tell that Oliver and Felicity, while they’re comfortable with each other and their current domestic bliss, are also bored as hell with it. So it was inevitable that they would end up back fighting the good fight. I like that Oliver took his time, and received a few hits from different areas. It’s interesting that the only one willing to follow his lead is Thea.
    The team of Speedy, Black Canary, and Dig is an interesting one, and I loved the banter between Laurel and Thea on the bike. Thea is really into the rush, and one has to wonder how much of that comes from just her own natural talents and how much comes from her exposure to the Lazarus Pit. Laurel, despite only having a few months more seniority as far as heroism goes, comes across as the elder stateswoman in a similar fashion that Oliver did with Barry during the big crossover last season.

I’ll be honest: I was very worried about their decision to make Damien Darhk a purely evil character. For all the issues, Slade and Malcolm were quite nuanced by not being purely evil characters. But those concerns are wiped away; they picked the perfect person to play him, and he is the perfect villain to face off against Oliver’s new persona, since Oliver intends to inspire hope and ‘beat back the darkness with the light’. From the very moment he was introduced in that meeting with the city leaders, I could practically feel his menace, and that is something very few actors can pull off.

Oliver probably has a new rule: don’t ever accept a drink from Amanda Waller. Now, one thing I remember from the previews was him in a wooded environment looking to torture someone (he stabbed a guy tied to a chair in the knee), and I wondered if that was Lian Yu. Now we know it was. The question is if the entire season will be there, or we’ll be moving to Russia in the second half, at the latest.

I am personally not surprised that Lyla already forgave Oliver. Like him, she lived in the gray of Waller’s world and has the view that to defeat extreme enemies, you have to use extreme solutions. I wonder how long Diggle’s trust issues is going to keep him from telling the rest about HIVE and his brother.

Now, there were two big things that happened in this episode that were game-changing, other than Oliver choosing the nickname Green Arrow. First, was LANCE BEING AN ALLY OF DARHK. Now, I’m trying to be open minded, but at this point I’m just wondering why we should even keep this character around except for the melodramatic purposes.

The second thing, of course, being that final scene. There is a handful of people who Oliver would be at the grave of as the only other person there before Barry shows up. Those are: Felicity, Thea, and Sandra. I heard from Haggard01 that a picture got leaked on Twitter of Stephen with the actress who plays the woman he had a kid with, plus a kid about 9 years old, so we know that that storyline is going to be cropping up. Now, going by likelihood, it goes down to Felicity and Sandra. Felicity for the obvious melodramatic reasons; Sandra for the purpose of putting Oliver into the position of becoming a father.

I guess we’ll find out in April, since it said six months and going by the Calendar, that's sometime in April.
    Last edited by JDBentz; 10-08-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: My really bad math skills when I'm waking up. :D

The ending put a pall on an otherwise great episode. Really enjoyed just about everything. I thought the pacing was great, dialogue and acting good and the contrast between sunny life in suburbia and the dark adrenaline filled streets of Star-no-longer-ling City well shown. Bonus, we saw Star City in the daylight too. I didn't know that could happen anymore.

Thea is a hoot. Love her enthusiasm even if it's edged with something more. Liked that she hasn't had to live in that big empty loft alone with visions of getting stabbed. Not that Laurels place has a much better security reputation but hey, with the two of them maybe they'd have a chance now.

I'm waiting to pass judgement on Quentin. Like DD mentioned, he's not giving him any choice on obeying him. Curious to see what is going on. There's no way Quentin believes in what Dahrk is selling so what hold does he have on him?

Diggle was awesome but he went too far when he accused Oliver of not being capable of love. he sometimes has a piss poor way of showing it, but dude feels love.

The grave could belong to anyone. It was a punch in the gut but that storyline is months away. I'm going to try not to obsess.

Which all the lovely Olicity makes easier to do. I loved all the sappy cute stuff, even the horrendous so bad it's good line about Felicity failing her omelette. The kissing and cuddling and lazy bedroom conversations were wonderful but even more so, I adored them casually touching a shoulder or when she was rubbing his back while Thea and Laurel laid out what was wrong. The little wordless conversations going on. They were so together as a couple.

The expression on Olivers face when Felicity sarcastically talked about making the joys of the slow cooker a bumper sticker- oh the horror of his guests catching on! But they remained clueless. Him being so blissful in his "normal" life was sweet and made his reluctance and fear of returning to the darkness touching. As was Felicity's willingness to just go home if that's what he really wanted. I really enjoyed his uplifting speech, proving he can find a different way to fight.

Speaking of fights, their fight was one of my favorite scenes, Oliver figuring out that Felicity had been helping the team behind his back. It was funny but emotional, mature and real (as real as any fight about half of a couple still playing vigilante behind the other ones back can be) and best of all, not bitter or angsty. Even in the middle of an argument he broke out in a smile over something she said. (This boy is sooo gone on his girl. ). I shouldn't have been surprised since apparently he'd blabbed his proposal plans to all the neighbors.

Whether one is an Olicity supporter or not, you have to feel bad for the guy to get that close to his big moment only to have his whole new life derailed.

I'd say that's why the proposal is on hold. That he thought they were totally in the same place but she wanted him, not love in suburbia. He has to feel less certain about what the future holds.

As do we all with the mystery grave looming in our future. Still a 100 times more cheery of an ending than 3-1, The Calm.
    Last edited by BkWurm1; 10-08-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    Unless there was a time skip at the end of the episode then it would make no sense for Felicity or Thea to be dead and even then I don't really see any of them being dead. There is no way they will kill off Felicity given Olicity, Barry didn't know Sara and she is already dead so it makes no sense for him to apologise for missing the funeral and they almost killed off Thea last season (pre the pit) and there is going to be a major storyline there I'd say with her and her insanity so she won't be dead either.
    There was a 6 month time jump before that scene.

Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Yeah i think it said 6 months later or something. Thinking now though it makes sense it could b Diggle as well.

I think it's Lance in that grave. No pun intended, but he pretty much dug his own grave, by obeying DD. And I don't see a positive scenario where Lance gets out of that, alive.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast