Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Last Laugh?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Last Laugh?"

I gave it an 8.

It was nice to see Jim so determined to get justice for Essen.

I thought Alfred trying to hit on Leslie was funny. Too bad she couldn't explain it to him until he was humiliated. I loved how protective he AND Jim got over Bruce. The best interpretation of Alfred so far.

I thought Barbara and Jerome made a great team. I thought the look on Leslie's face to Barbara blowing her a kiss was HILARIOUS!

It was nice to see Selina, and when I saw her hairstyle for the event, I couldn't help but think of Michelle Pfeiffer's look in Batman returns when she and Bruce attended Shrek's masquerade ball.

I didn't expect Jerome to die, but if that's what they want to do, fine.

I thought Penguin's scene was ok, nothing spectacular, and I think it was right of Harvey to remind him that while he's on top now, that could always change.

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was the STUPID love triangle between Theo and his sister. That's just GROSS. Also, was it just me...or did I detect some incestuous innuendo between Theo and his sister when she replied to that man that he was a "monster in the sack?" Yuck...and weird!

Plus, I thought it was incredibly stupid of Barbara to try and shack up with Theo since she ran for her life after Jerome was killed. She must have a death wish.

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, though.

P.S. I just want to say thanks to superhippie2000 for helping me get the poll thread right this time!
    10 - I was smiling like Jerome in the morgue!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I was about to die from boredom!
    0%

Loved it! Had mixed feelings about the Jerome twist but I have a theory about the Joker. See, people are saying Joker will be just a Jerome copycat but here's how I see it, Jerome's ideology is a virus and will spread (as he said in episode 2 last week) and my idea for the eventual Joker is that in the season 2 finale we see a man sitting in a rundown apartment, his back to the camera, his name never spoken and we see that he's having visions of Jerome, which may or may not be the result of his lack of sanity and Jerome sees him as a way of resurrection.......and the only piece of dialogue from this man being tortured by visions of Jerome is "wait till they get a load of me" (in homage to the 1989 movie) followed by the all too familiar maniacal laughter. Cut to black.

That's my thought. Great episode though.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
      my idea for the eventual Joker is that in the season 2 finale we see a man sitting in a rundown apartment, his back to the camera, his name never spoken and we see that he's having visions of Jerome, which may or may not be the result of his lack of sanity and Jerome sees him as a way of resurrection.......and the only piece of dialogue from this man being tortured by visions of Jerome is "wait till they get a load of me" (in homage to the 1989 movie) followed by the all too familiar maniacal laughter. Cut to black.
      That's a good idea, especially the homage to the original movie. Personally, though, I think they should just let the character go—for now.

By the time the real Joker is introduced, a lot of people will probably just shrug their shoulders and not care that he's arrived because they've already had their fill of facsimile versions of him, such as Jerome (or anyone who follows him).

Introducing any further characters that are just watered-down versions (or impostors) of The Joker just isn't the way to go. I don't care if I see the character again, unless I know for sure that it really is him. Otherwise, it's just a waste of viewers' time.

Comment

Jerome getting killed off disappointed me. I think he could have made a good Joker. Oh well. At least they killed him off relatively quickly. I would have been really mad if they'd developed his character longer and had me become really invested in his character only to kill him off.

I'm liking psycho Barbara a lot. Erin Richards is really getting a chance to show off her acting talents this year. I know I'm one of the few who actually was fine with Barbara last year, but I think the writers have finally hit on something really great for her character. My only concern is that villains tend to be expendable, meaning she might get killed off at any moment. I truly hope they keep her around for a long time to come, though. I'm enjoying her storyline a lot this year.
        Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 04-10-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

When asked about Jerome at NYCCC, a show runner teased that there is more to his story, and we might yet see more of him. How I don't know.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎