No announcement yet.

Class (Spin-off Series)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class (Spin-off Series)

BBC today, announced a spinoff to the wildly popular Doctor Who...set in present-day London, where “incredible dangers are breaking through the walls of time and space. And with darkness coming, London is unprotected.”

Young adult author Patrick Ness will pen the drama series (eight 45-minute episodes) in 2016

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat compares it to “growing up in modern Britain… but with monsters!”

Aimed at the young adults demographic, the series will be set at the Coal Hill School where the current Doctor's companion, Clara Oswald, teaches.

Here are Ness’ thoughts on the spinoff:

I’m astounded and thrilled to be entering the Doctor Who universe, which is as vast as time and space itself. There’s so much room there for all kinds of amazing stories, and to work with Steven Moffat and Brian Minchin to find a place to tell one of my own has been an absolute joy. I can’t wait for people to meet the heroes of Class, to meet the all-new villains and aliens, to remember that the horrors of the darkest corners of existence are just about on par with having to pass your A-Levels.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-01-2015, 07:22 PM.

Sounds kinda like The Sarah Jane Adventures. Could be a really cool idea. Also could this be y we may see a shorter season for Doctor Who next yr?

Reading more about it it sounds like Buffy meets Sarah Jane Adventures.
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 10-01-2015, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
      Sounds kinda like The Sarah Jane Adventures. Could be a really cool idea. Also could this be y we may see a shorter season for Doctor Who next yr?

Reading more about it it sounds like Buffy meets Sarah Jane Adventures.
      My thoughts exactly. I wonder if Luke or any of Sarah Jane stars will be on it?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
        My thoughts exactly. I wonder if Luke or any of Sarah Jane stars will be on it?
        I wouldnt b surprised if Luke shows up after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
          I wonder if Luke or any of Sarah Jane stars will be on it?
          Sadly Sarah Jane's actress, Elisabeth Sladen, has died of cancer a few years ago.

Comment

I think if anyone from Sarah Jane's show appears, they will not mention she is dead... I got the impression they wanted to leave it so people just assumed Sarah was still out there, adventuring....

I still miss her.

Comment

I still miss her too. She was my favorite companion.

Yeah the plan i heard when RTD ended SJA was to never mention the character passing on but just to act as if she's still having adventures with the kids. I like that idea.

Comment

Cast Revealed

Comment

Comment

Comment

[SPOILER] It's unfortunately been cancelled after the first season/series having already aired in the U.K. (The U.S. premiere is April 15th, 2017 after the Doctor Who S10 premiere); like every other show cancelled before it, it failed to hook viewers [/SPOILER]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/d...s-axed-9906600
                      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-27-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I told this to a friend when i heard that news. My feelings are this. We could have gotten a season or some specials featuring either Sir John Hurt or Paul McGann and the fans wouldve gone nuts. What do we get instead? A show the BBC lost interest in and dumped off in a timeslot to die. What a waste of an off year.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎