No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Knock, Knock?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Knock, Knock?"

What did you think of the second episode of Gotham Season 2?
    10 - Who's There? A Happy Audience!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Rise of the Terrible Stories
    0%

I gave it a 9, because—for me—this episode flowed better than the premiere.

It was almost like watching a conclusion to the first episode, which made me think that the original plan was to air the first two episodes of the season together as an event. For whatever reason, that didn't happen, but that's what they should've done.

Anyway, here's what I liked:
    • Alfred/Lucius' scenes and Lucius' scenes with Bruce.
    • Bruce showing concern for Gordon at the end. I'm a sap, so I thought the hug was great.
    • Essen. I was not expecting her to bite the dust, but: I liked her positive attitude as Commissioner. However, if the plan is to elect Gordon in her place, that's super smart. That's where he should be, even if he is "green."

An honorable mention goes to Nygma's first scene with Miss Kringle. The expression on his face after he told her the tidbit about flies was HILARIOUS. I wasn't sure if I liked the idea of him having a split personality at the end of last season (because it seemed repetitive to what they were trying to do with Harvey Dent), but I think they're handling it well.

The stuff with the villains was ok, and I didn't miss Cobblepot at all.

What I didn't like:
    • Bruce's reaction to Alfred's bashing of the computer. While I the drama that ensued between Bruce/Alfred after the fact, I thought David Mazouz's acting in that scene was so over the top—so much so that it was painful to watch.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, my favorite scene was when the bad guys came in and killed every cop, I know Jerome is only a nod to Joker but he has the laugh down perfectly. i thought Alfred went to far when he destroyed the computer.

Comment

Even better than the premiere, it was all great.

I actually thought David handled the angry scene well... I mean consider what Alfred had just done.... destroyed vital info that could have helped him learn more about his father as well as help his quest he was already hell bent on fulfilling. Alfred had the right idea, but as we the viewers know, his efforts to stop Bruce are in vain. I actually expected him to go off on his own quest though for the first part of the season at least, and Lucius would have filled his role with Bruce in the mean time. But they didn't go there.

Killing off Essen already.... then who becomes the new Commissoner? Chiklis was already gonna take her old job anyway... kinda weird to kill her off already, but they did it to Maroni and Falcone last season. (well he could come back but I doubt it) I did like the Riddler save though. Jerome is perfect, hope he is the joker.

Court of Owls was confirmed this season, and someone pointed out we may have seen the first hint, an image of an owl in the wood of the sniper rifle case. Just barely make it out kinda... maybe.

The Alfred/Lucius bar scene was really sexual for some reason.... weird but still good.

We never got to see the cannibal dude actually eat anyone. :-/

The rise of the villains thing in the title ends after next week's episode apparently, and since most of their group is already dead, I'm not sure anyone in their group beside Jerome and Barbara will be alive after that episode. If even them.

Nice continuity with Bullock's girlfriend, and she's smart, tried to keep him from a ****** job just like Lee did with Jim... but they both failed, just like Alfred.

I think Nygma's 2nd personality will eventually assume control of him or even outright delete his old personality.

Comment

Kind of slow at the start, but really picked up steam towards the end. Poor Essen. At least she went out like a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by dash142
            Even better than the premiere, it was all great.

I actually thought David handled the angry scene well... I mean consider what Alfred had just done.... destroyed vital info that could have helped him learn more about his father as well as help his quest he was already hell bent on fulfilling. Alfred had the right idea, but as we the viewers know, his efforts to stop Bruce are in vain.
            I thought his terminating Alfred was appropriate, for sure, but his screaming, hand gestures, etc., were just too over the top for me. Of course, we all interpret scenes like these differently.

Killing off Essen already.... then who becomes the new Commissoner? Chiklis was already gonna take her old job anyway... kinda weird to kill her off already, but they did it to Maroni and Falcone last season.
            Oh, that's right. I forgot Chiklis was coming. Surely, since he will outrank Jim, he'll take the spot. I'm not surprised that they decided to kill her off, though. She spent much of last season in the background, and there's only so much a character like that can do to play into the story. I hope her replacement is just as positive, though. I don't want anymore crooks at the helm of GCPD.

The Alfred/Lucius bar scene was really sexual for some reason.... weird but still good.
            That's an interesting interpretation. I read it more threatening than sexual. I wasn't sold on Chris Chalk as the character at the end of last season, but I enjoyed all of his scenes and hope to see more of him.

Comment

Coming from somebody who enjoys herself some m/m fanfiction, I have to say I didn't see anything sexual in the Alfred/Lucius scene. Like others I simply saw it as Alfred trying to be a macho badass who were protecting Bruce from somebody who could possibly hurt him. *shrugs*

Comment

If it means anything, I actually thought that the scene between Alfred and Lucius came across as having sexual overtones as well. I'm not convinced that it meant anything, but it wouldn't shock me if that was in the back of Sean Pertwee's mind when he was thinking about how he'd play that scene.

Comment

Got the same vibe from the Alfred/Lucius scene as well.

Comment

Why is it so easy to walk into this particular police station? I haven't been in a police station myself, but I would think a place where people carry firearms would have some level of security. On a related note, I'm not sure why Bruce and Alfred were allowed inside after what had just happened.

Who's this Chiklis guy that might be commissioner? When was he around? The name isn't ringing a bell.

I did not miss Penguin, which is a turnabout from early last year when he was my favorite part. He feels a bit overplayed these days. The stuff I now enjoy most consistently are the Bruce scenes, surprisingly. I once thought they should cut Bruce and Alfred from the show.

Nygma talking to himself is boring. What a waste of a character. At least Barbara isn't boring anymore.

Comment

Really enjoying Cameron Monaghan's performance. I do hope this character does turn out to be the Joker. Otherwise, it's a waste of a great performance.

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                      Why is it so easy to walk into this particular police station? I haven't been in a police station myself, but I would think a place where people carry firearms would have some level of security.
                      Yeah, it's a bit unlikely. However, at the same time, it does exemplify the need for Bruce to become Batman. You're dealing with a city, where criminals can walk in and gun down a police station.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎