No announcement yet.

Morena Baccarin Pregnant With Gotham Costar Ben McKenzie's Baby

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morena Baccarin Pregnant With Gotham Costar Ben McKenzie's Baby

I wonder if this was why the writers couldn't muster up the desire to make Barbra and Jim Gordon work as a couple. Kinda hard to ship fictional characters together when you personally know the actor and know that he's seeing somebody else on the same set.

I see they went method with their roles. That's dedication.

Comment

Wow, that came out of nowhere. Congrats to both.

Comment

It also makes me wonder if they're going to do a pregnancy storyline on Gotham, or if they're going to hide the pregnancy for as long as possible.

Comment

"Jim, if it's a boy, I think we should name him after you."

"Sure, and if it's a girl, I think we should name her after my psycho ex-girlfriend."

"Deal."

Comment

People connected to the show are saying it's not part of the plan to include the pregnancy in the show. That's a non answer. It could be when they were planning season 2 the writers didn't know about it, thus it's not part of the plan. Doesn't mean they can't add it to the back half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
              People connected to the show are saying it's not part of the plan to include the pregnancy in the show. That's a non answer. It could be when they were planning season 2 the writers didn't know about it, thus it's not part of the plan. Doesn't mean they can't add it to the back half of the season.
              Well she is only about one month pregnant so she wasn't even pregnant before they started filming Season 2. They will probably include it but it wouldn't be brought up until around or after the midseason finale.

They are probably either writing the midseason finale or currently filming it now.

I'm only speculating because Arrow and Flash are currently filming episode seven which is two before the midseason finale. Gotham premieres two weeks before them so I figured they filmed two more episodes.
              Last edited by Halberdier17; 09-27-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                It also makes me wonder if they're going to do a pregnancy storyline on Gotham, or if they're going to hide the pregnancy for as long as possible.
                I just heard about this yesterday.

Nowadays, it seems—whenever an actress gets pregnant—it's written into whatever show she's on. Personally, I hope they go old school and just leave it out.

Their characters haven't even been seeing each other that long, so—to me—it wouldn't make sense. As for Barbara, she seems to harbor enough anger towards Leslie just for being with Gordon. That's enough. A baby would just be too melodramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
                  "Jim, if it's a boy, I think we should name him after you."

"Sure, and if it's a girl, I think we should name her after my psycho ex-girlfriend."

"Deal."
                  Seriously, I think the biggest question I've had since Barbara became a killer is how the writers will explain Jim having a daughter named Barbara. That just seems wrong any way you try to look at things. My best prediction at this point is that Jim will never become a father during the show's run. That way, they don't even have to deal with that problem.
                  Last edited by Lois_Lane_Fan; 10-24-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan
                    Seriously, I think think the biggest question I've had since Barbara became a killer is how the writers will explain Jim having a daughter named Barbara. That just seems wrong any way you try to look at things. My best prediction at this point is that Jim will never become a father during the show's run. That way they don't even have to deal with that problem.
                    Some continuities Barbara Jr. is Jim's biological daughter but to his sister-in-law and Jim gets custody of her when his brother's family dies leaving Barbara as an orphan.

Comment

My best prediction at this point is that Jim will never become a father during the show's run. That way they don't even have to deal with that problem.
                      That would be the way to go.

Comment

Seriously, I think think the biggest question I've had since Barbara became a killer is how the writers will explain Jim having a daughter named Barbara. That just seems wrong any way you try to look at things. My best prediction at this point is that Jim will never become a father during the show's run. That way they don't even have to deal with that problem.
                        Personally I don't think Barbara's account of murdering her parents fits with what Jim discovered when he found their bodies and they've kept Barbara relatively clean so far, which makes me think that the Barbara thing is just a long con to keep the character interesting for the people that hated her before they switch back and reveal that seeing her parents murdered drove her crazy and made her think that she did it, so they can do whatever with it. But that's just a theory and maybe the writers just messed up their continuity about how Barbara's parents were found by Jim.

God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives! God bless everyone!
                        Last edited by Dagenspear; 10-12-2015, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                          Personally I don't think Barbara's account of murdering her parents fits with what Jim discovered when he found their bodies and they've kept Barbara relatively clean so far, which makes me think that the Barbara thing is just a long con to keep the character interesting for the people that hated her before they switch back and reveal that seeing her parents murdered drove her crazy and made her think that she did it, so they can do whatever with it. But that's just a theory and maybe the writers just messed up their continuity about how Barbara's parents were found by Jim.

God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives! God bless everyone!
                          That's an interesting theory.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎