No announcement yet.

Who is the most ungrateful to Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most ungrateful to Clark?

for me it is both Lex and Lana who were the most ungrateful to Clark. They don't see or acknowledge his good qualities, they don't trust him, they never have because he doesn't trust them and for valid reasons. They're selfish and they over indulge their obsessions over finding out Clark's secret and their own hypocrisy when it comes to secrets, lies and honesty. Both Lex and Lana are so focused on Clark's dishonesty to them that they are not seeing what's really in front them.... A really nice guy who would go out of his way to save lives and protect people. All they do is throw around blame and "I can keep secrets, I can tell lies, but you can't" attitude. They're a little too caught up in their own brokenness to see what they had in their lives and they don't see that they've been taking Clark for granted. They still don't see that they are still taking him for granted. It's like they don't even care whether or not they're taking Clark for granted.
    Lex
    0%
    Lana
    0%
    Or both Lex and Lana
    0%

Originally posted by laurarawlins
    for me it is both Lex and Lana who were the most ungrateful to Clark. They don't see or acknowledge his good qualities, they don't trust him, they never have because he doesn't trust them and for valid reasons. They're selfish and they over indulge their obsessions over finding out Clark's secret and their own hypocrisy when it comes to secrets, lies and honesty. Both Lex and Lana are so focused on Clark's dishonesty to them that they are not seeing what's really in front them.... A really nice guy who would go out of his way to save lives and protect people. All they do is throw around blame and "I can keep secrets, I can tell lies, but you can't" attitude. They're a little too caught up in their own brokenness to see what they had in their lives and they don't see that they've been taking Clark for granted. They still don't see that they are still taking him for granted. It's like they don't even care whether or not they're taking Clark for granted.
    Clark does similar to what they do. Besides the dishonesty isn't about what a bad person he is. It's about how it effects the relationships he has with them for them.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
      Clark does similar to what they do. Besides the dishonesty isn't about what a bad person he is. It's about how it effects the relationships he has with them for them.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!
      I believe you are right about Clark in that way, in that relationship sense . And I agree with you 100% i think when it comes to relationships with women in general is that both Clark and Lex have this relationship self destruct button and they can't help but push it. What Clark and Lex have hugely in common is that they keep falling for the wrong women for all the wrong reasons ( definitely a sure sign that they should be a gay couple and not get with Lana at all) what Clark and Lex have hugely in contrast to each other is how they treat women. And Lana doesn't exactly bring out the best in both those 2 men, she expects them to be honest with her, but she's not honest with them. so basically Both Clark, Lex and Lana are all hypocrites in the honesty department, in the relationship department, let's just say they shouldn't be in relationships with each other until they know for sure if they want to be in relationships and have their emotional insecurities OUT THE WINDOW! ( yes, I am talking about lana)
      Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-16-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I believe you are right about Clark in that way, in that relationship sense . And I agree with you 100% i think when it comes to relationships with women in general is that both Clark and Lex have this relationship self destruct button and they can't help but push it. What Clark and Lex have hugely in common is that they keep falling for the wrong women for all the wrong reasons ( definitely a sure sign that they should be a gay couple and not get with Lana at all) what Clark and Lex have hugely in contrast to each other is how they treat women. And Lana doesn't exactly bring out the best in both those 2 men, she expects them to be honest with her, but she not honest with them. so basically Both Clark, Lex and Lana are all hypocrites in the honesty department, in the relationship department, let's just say they shouldn't be in relationships with each other until they know for sure if they want to be in relationships and have their emotional insecurities OUT THE WINDOW! ( yes, I am talking about lana)
        They choose what comes out of them with Lana. Clark and Lex both expect honesty as well, funny enough, and they don't really give it.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

Comment

They choose what comes out of them with Lana. Clark and Lex both expect honesty as well, funny enough, and they don't really give it.

True. and I strongly agree. But Clark's reasons for being less than honest with both Lex and Lana regarding his secret are the not same as Lex's or Lana's reasons for being dishonest. Clark is honest to a fault about everything else just not his secret that he is an alien from another planet, but there is a reason why that he doesn't tell Lex or Lana his secret, they don't seem to be very trustworthy and in fact they are not trustworthy at all. Both Lex and Lana feel that Clark owes them the truth and it's really up to Clark whether or not he wants to trust them with the truth and the fact that he doesn't just means that they can't be trusted with the truth because they're not honest themselves. Clark wants to be honest with them it's just he knows he can't be and it is not right for Lex or Lana to get Clark to feel any worse about himself about being dishonest than he already does so why can't they just leave him alone and shut up about him being dishonest for once? If both Clark, Lex and Lana expect honesty from each other, then they should probably start being honest with themselves first instead of expecting honesty from each other, you can't be honest with others if you can't be honest with yourself first. Clark, Lex and Lana all need to do that and they're not doing that. Well.... Clark is already learning that already the hard way. Lex and Lana are not, they are not even trying hard enough since they don't even care enough to try to be honest with themselves and they probably should.
          Last edited by laurarawlins; 06-20-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

True. and I strongly agree. But Clark's reasons for being less than honest with both Lex and Lana regarding his secret are the not same as Lex's or Lana's reasons for being dishonest. Clark is honest to a fault about everything else just not his secret that he is an alien from another planet, but there is a reason why that he doesn't tell Lex or Lana his secret, they don't seem to be very trustworthy and in fact they are not trustworthy at all. Both Lex and Lana feel that Clark owes them the truth and it's really up to Clark whether or not he wants to trust them with the truth and the fact that he doesn't just means that they can't be trusted with the truth because they're not honest themselves. Clark wants to be honest with them it's just he knows can't be and it is not right for Lex or Lana to get Clark to feel any worse about himself about being dishonest than he already does so why can't they just leave him alone and shut up about him being dishonest for once? If both Clark, Lex and Lana expect honesty from each other, then they should probably start being honest with themselves first instead of expecting honesty from each other, you can't be honest with others if you can't be honest with yourself first. Clark, Lex and Lana all need to do that and they're not doing that. Well.... Clark is already learning that already the hard way. Lex and Lana are not, they are not even trying hard enough since they don't even care enough to try to be honest with themselves and they probably should.
            Clark has consistently gotten onto people for lying because he thinks he's owed the truth when he's been consistently willing to lie to people at the expense of their safety. Clark is no more trustworthy than they are.

Comment

my feelings about Clark

Clark has consistently gotten onto people for lying because he thinks he's owed the truth when he's been consistently willing to lie to people at the expense of their safety. Clark is no more trustworthy than they are.

I don't know what you mean by this so I don't know how to respond to this in a way that is not offensive to you. But I do know that lying to protect is one thing, but lying to hurt is a completely different thing. Clark is just doing what he feels is best for every body, not just himself. I know Clark is not perfect, I know that he makes mistakes and doesn't always learn from them and keeps making them, but that makes him human he's not infallible. His fallibility represents his humanity. If Lionel, Chloe, Lois and Martha trust him than I trust him. it's just Lex and Lana that don't trust him all they ever done is cause him problems and emotional pain and suffering. Do they have to hurt him even more they have already? I am getting really sick of this ingratitude, disrespect, " I can tell lies and I can keep secrets, but you can't" and "Oh, you have saved my life so many times, but I am going to completely ignore all that because you can't be honest with me" attitude of theirs. Clark is still maturing into an adult. He needs more time to grow and progress. It's just his progression is very, very slow. Clark can be 1 or 2 things regarding having honest relationships/friendships. He can either be trusting or he can be smart. And he chose to be smart. So don't confuse his willingness to lie with his value for life. It's got nothing to do with Clark being trustworthy or not, it's everything to do with him valuing and protecting life ok? that is what he is about. I am not complaining nor debating this with anyone, I am just pointing it out that's all.

Comment

I totally agree with you that Clark is also upset when he finds out that someone's keeping something important from him. But the show always made two points about it:

a) He always gets called out on this double standard

b) He apologizes for his reaction.

Just watch Fade or Hydro for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                  I totally agree with you that Clark is also upset when he finds out that someone's keeping something important from him. But the show always made two points about it:

a) He always gets called out on this double standard

b) He apologizes for his reaction.

Just watch Fade or Hydro for confirmation.
                  Not always.
                  I don't know what you mean by this so I don't know how to respond to this in a way that is not offensive to you. But I do know that lying to protect is one thing, but lying to hurt is a completely different thing. Clark is just doing what he feels is best for every body, not just himself. I know Clark is not perfect, I know that he makes mistakes and doesn't always learn from them and keeps making them, but that makes him human he's not infallible. His fallibility represents his humanity. If Lionel, Chloe, Lois and Martha trust him than I trust him. it's just Lex and Lana that don't trust him all they ever done is cause him problems and emotional pain and suffering. Do they have to hurt him even more they have already? I am getting really sick of this ingratitude, disrespect, " I can tell lies and I can keep secrets, but you can't" and "Oh, you have saved my life so many times, but I am going to completely ignore all that because you can't be honest with me" attitude of theirs. Clark is still maturing into an adult. He needs more time to grow and progress. It's just his progression is very, very slow. Clark can be 1 or 2 things regarding having honest relationships/friendships. He can either be trusting or he can be smart. And he chose to be smart. So don't confuse his willingness to lie with his value for life. It's got nothing to do with Clark being trustworthy or not, it's everything to do with him valuing and protecting life ok? that is what he is about. I am not complaining nor debating this with anyone, I am just pointing it out that's all.
                  Clark lying wasn't him protecting people. It put them in more danger sometimes. His lies, as the show has shown, was more about not wanting to be looked at differently. Clark causes Lex and Lana as much emotional pain and suffering as they cause him. How many times did Clark jerk Lana around because of his lying? He broke her heart several times because he didn't want to explain the truth. Lex got his brain fried because Clark avoided the issue and Lionel nearly got off scot free because Clark didn't do anything and didn't warn Lex about the danger. Clark saving their lives doesn't grant him automatic trust in everything.

God bless you both! God bless everyone!

Comment

So you're saying that Clark is no different from Lex or Lana? when it comes to this whole secrets and lies and honesty issue I take it?. it's kinda like saying Clark is more pro choice than pro life who believes that the ends justifies the means like Oliver Queen is and Clark is not Oliver Queen!! Sorry but I am not villain worshipper, nor am I a hero hater. I'm sorry I am just frustrated and exasperated at the fact that my most favorite character that I emotionally relate to the most isn't the most liked by every body else and they all go for Lex Luthor and sees it from Lex's and Lana's view point and not Clark's or Chloe's. I am the female Clark Kent of my own real life fighting for truth, justice and the American way always on the outside looking in always feeling like outsider always taken advantage of, being used and getting hurt. Always trying to do the right thing not knowing what the right thing to do is. Always dealing with the loneliness all the time making decisions based on what's best for humanity knowing the real truth and living with that truth and not being able to trust any one, let alone myself with that truth and having humanity's best interest at heart and always having only myself to rely on and seeing the good in people and having my intentions being second guessed and can't always explain myself for the way i am. If that is not Clark Kent on Smallville then I don't know what is. So Clark and I are one in the same. I'm sorry, This is my loneliness talking, sometimes the reality of my Down syndrome gets to me this is one of my many reasons why I watch Smallville because it takes my mind off it.
                    Last edited by laurarawlins; 08-16-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Character view point preference

I hate getting inside the mind of a villain. Just listening to Lex Luthor's view point just sickens me. same thing goes with Lana and her view point just listening to her makes me sick. Clark's, Chloe's, Martha's and Lionel's view points I can tolerate. just not Lex's and Lana's. Jonathan's view point makes me sick just as much as Lex's and Lana's.
                      Last edited by laurarawlins; 11-22-2015, 08:09 PM.

Comment

So you're saying that Clark is no different from Lex or Lana? when it comes to this whole secrets and lies and honesty issue I take it?. it's kinda like saying Clark is more pro choice than pro life who believes that the ends justifies the means like Oliver Queen is and Clark is not Oliver Queen!! Sorry but I am not villain worshipper, nor am I a hero hater. I'm sorry I am just frustrated and exasperated at the fact that my most favorite character that I emotionally relate to the most isn't the most liked by every body else and they all go for Lex Luthor and sees it from Lex's and Lana's view point and not Clark's or Chloe's. I am the female Clark Kent of my own real life fighting for truth, justice and the American way always on the outside looking in always feeling like outsider always taken advantage of, being used and getting hurt. Always trying to do the right thing not knowing what the right thing to do is. Always dealing with the loneliness all the time making decisions based on what's best for humanity knowing the real true truth and living with that truth and not being able to trust any one, let alone myself and having humanity's best interest at heart and always having only myself to rely on and seeing the good in people and having my intentions being second guessed and can't always explain myself for the way i am. If that is not Clark Kent on Smallville then I don't know what is. So Clark and I are one in the same. I'm sorry, This is my loneliness talking, sometimes the reality of my Down syndrome gets to me this is one of my many reasons why I watch Smallville because it takes my mind off it.
                        It has nothing to do with liking, caring or anything else regarding villains or disliking or hating regarding the heroes. Clark's lies have had a lot to do with his insecurity with how he's viewed. Yes, as he got older he didn't want to tell because of their safety, but he didn't want to tell for years because he was afraid he would be rejected, by his own admittance. And that fear of being rejected that caused him to lie caused pain and suffering, unintentional, but still. Hate on Lex because he's a bad guy. But the lies are what Clark has done as well. I'm very sorry that I bothered you what I said. I'm not saying that Clark lying changes that he's a good guy. It doesn't change that, just like if Lex didn't lie that wouldn't change that he's a bad guy. You're not alone, not really. You'll always have God and the Lord And Savior Jesus Christ. Who both love you and everyone else no matter what and love the good that you and anyone else do. You have us too, people who all like and want to discuss Smallville together, like friends, kind of. We all care in some way about each other. Thank you for the discussion, friend.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life! God bless everyone!
                        Last edited by Dagenspear; 11-24-2015, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I tend to agree with Dagenspear a little bit.

I love Clark and some of the heroes, but man, that doesn't mean I have to like EVERYTHING that they do. The heroes can be downright stupid at times, and in their foolishness they do the wrong things sometimes. That doesn't stop them from being a hero, because at times intentions are everything.

Likewise, I understand and empathize with what Lex's gone though... and I understand why he did the things he did. But, just because I understand why he did the things he did doesn't mean I approve of his actions.

It's like what Spock said to that evil dude on an TOS episode, about the difference between approval and understanding why somebody did it. Just because you see the logic behind the actions of a person, does not mean that you approve.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎