Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News on Castiel under Rowena's Spell (The Writers just don't get it)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on Castiel under Rowena's Spell (The Writers just don't get it)

And the wind has been taken out of my sails on this one. So stupid. Why can't we just have everyone back to normal. Too many spinning plates is what has led to the overall directionlessness if everything the last 2 seasons. Sort it out please.

Even though everyone made it out of "Supernatural" Season 10 alive last year, the new direction the show will take depends on how fast Sammy and Dean can pull Castiel out of Rowena's spell. See the details here.

"Castiel, first and foremost, has to find a way out of this spell that Rowena has cast on him," executive producer Jeremy Carver told TVLine. "That's not as easy as it may sound. Being under the influence of this spell, it's going to lead him to some pretty uncomfortable situations."

As a matter of fact, Castiel will be spending at least half of the season trying to do just that, so don't expect him back in full force right away.

In regards to how Crowley is going to fit into this equation, he is "very much trying to figure out how he is going to navigate this new world where The Darkness threatens just about everything," Carver said.

they just can't have Cas around without something affecting him, can they lol?

Comment

Personally, I don't mind that much that Castiel is under Rowena's spell to some extent. I think Misha would enjoy playing something new. Cas in season 10 was kind of boring (which for me is a HUGE thing to admit)...I did love when he was human, though. I would have preferred he remain human frankly, but I'm happy he retained some of his humanity. I didn't mind his trying to make peace with Claire and I loved the scene where we finally got Jimmy closure. Beautifully acted by Misha. Made me tear up.

GodCas was pretty awesome for what little we had of him. CrazyCas was my favorite though.

I'm really excited for Supernatural to start again....regardless of the plot line

Comment

My guess is that the writers are having Cas be under the spell for 2 reasons:
        1.) to keep from having Cas be 'overpowered'. Now that Cas has his grace back (I think? Pretty sure he does), he's back to full power. That's a big weapon in the fight against the Darkness, for the boys to have in their 'tool chest'. In order to keep from just having Cas 'smite' the Darkness or at least be able to give it a good fight, they need to take him out of the equation for a while. That might be what this is about.

2.) TPTB have said they want to go back to basics, to have it be Sam and Dean, in the Impala, fighting bad things. Kind of hard to have that if an angel is always hanging around. So they need a way to get rid of Cas (at least for a while) and this seems to be the route they are taking. if he were to just wander off in the sunset people would complain that he wasn't helping the boys when they got in trouble. This way, he can be out of the picture without causing fans to go "wait, where's Cas to help?!"

That's my thinking, anyway.

Comment

At least this means Cas doesn't kill Crowly. If anyone does, I highly suspect it'll be dean (since he gets the most monster kills anyways, the odds are just in his favor despite other logical reasons). But I highly expect Crowly to finally die towards the end of the season if this is indeed the series finale (which I hope for the show's sake).

I just hope they finally address the whole "Is Cain dead or not?" debacle, even if only in a brief flashback for all of Deans screwed up past deeds.

My only question is "Really, Cas is a Seraph-ranked angel, back in full power (I think?), and he can't resist a mere witch?" Aren't Supernatural's versions of angels supposed to be uber powerful or something? I thought even the weakest of their ranks were supposed to smite powerful DEMONS with ease, let alone witches?" Or did I miss a few retcons?

I just hope they do something worthwhile with Crowly's mom before she dies, since they wasted so much time on her (which could've been used to wrap up the series quicker, I might add).

Comment

I think with the writers going back to Season 1 feel as it were, then having Cas be "off his game" would make sense, but if they really wanted a depowered or underpowered angel in the Impala, then they should have left him human or have him still on borrowed grace. As far as I know, Cas was not 100%...he wasn't teleporting, still driving his Pimp Mobile so would not have the juice to resist Rowena. Also, she used the Codecs and Book of the Damned. Pretty powerful witchy stuff I think.

Cas is a seraph when 100%, one notch below Archangel I believe, but even God and the other Archangels (four I believe...Michael, Lucifer, Raphael, and Gabriel) had a hard time putting the Darkness into the Mark of Cain. Cas wouldn't stand a chance against it.

I'm glad to hear that Crowley isn't dead yet (Mark scared me at Comic Con with his "dead" comments....which Jim Beaver did as well if I recall "the red shirt" moment)....I am thinking to keep Crowley in the game but follow the "I'm dead" route, Crowley might be in Purgatory. Lots of very nice people in Purgatory (I hear you Benny!)....I think all the powers of Heaven and Hell will be required to quell the Darkness, but I also wonder if they will or can do it in a season. I would hope for all the fans sticking with the show for 11 years, that they would announce when the last season was well before it started (like Smallville did)....with the inevitable appearance (for most of the season please) by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.....I can see the writers stalling for just the right moment when they can bring back John Winchester (to work around JDM's schedule). I do see an epic battle on several fronts for the finale bringing everybody back in play.

Curious to see how they will handle the "death" of Death. Perhaps this is how they can bring people back from various locations and make some sense of it. Not just flashbacks or visions, but actually reappearing like new. Death's resurrection (which will have to happen when the Darkness is forced back) sets back everything to the beginning.....no angels, demons are just demons, monster-of-the-week, and the boys in the Impala.

Comment

I did read another story that said they were going to run into characters from the past within the show itself and have to answer to them. I think it very much means dead characters.

Comment

well Death is dead.. as far as we know

they might use that to explain the sudden ressurection of certain characters

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue
                  well Death is dead.. as far as we know

they might use that to explain the sudden ressurection of certain characters
                  But Death's "death" should only apply to the RECENTLY deceased. Everyone else who's died from years past should have long since moved on to which ever eternity awaits them, unless we are talking about all of their enemies who might grudge a vengeance against them so bad it anchored their souls to the physical plain of existence.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                    But Death's "death" should only apply to the RECENTLY deceased. Everyone else who's died from years past should have long since moved on to which ever eternity awaits them, unless we are talking about all of their enemies who might grudge a vengeance against them so bad it anchored their souls to the physical plain of existence.
                    It should but with this show I doubt it. Not to mention they totally glossed over the fact that the veil has been broken for two years now as it is.

With the Darkness being released and we not knowing it's true power it isn't unsurmountable that it is going to wreak havoc with the established order and perhaps very well turn hell, heaven, and maybe even wherever Angels and Demons go when they die upside down. I'd bank on it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Purgatory being revisited....pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by waynedeath1047
                        It should but with this show I doubt it. Not to mention they totally glossed over the fact that the veil has been broken for two years now as it is.

With the Darkness being released and we not knowing it's true power it isn't unsurmountable that it is going to wreak havoc with the established order and perhaps very well turn hell, heaven, and maybe even wherever Angels and Demons go when they die upside down. I'd bank on it.
                        Didn't they mention something about that veil incident being repaired or something?

As for purgatory: No thanks. Frankly I could've done with out the whole leviathan/dick roman storyline and season as is, the only real consequence that came out of it was Bobby's death. Otherwise completely filler season material in my eyes. They could've skipped right over that and into the whole "close both gates of hell and heaven" angle and not miss a storyline beat, which the series SHOULD have ended with, by the way.

Comment

they could have skipped season 6 too for all I care lol

Comment

Sorry, I thought Purgatory (and Benny) was a great idea....I just wish they had done more with it. Leviathans were not my favorite, although Dick Roman was a great character.

Comment

Dick Roman was great yeah, so was Benny. But just about everything else.. meh xD.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎