Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Forum Regular Axalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    200
    Disappointing to hear that Cas is going to have to fight with this whole spell thing for almost half the season. It seems like they always need some sort of affliction acting on at least one character every season.. I was really hoping that the team would be good to go, so that they could take on the Darkness at full strength.

    I enjoyed Dick Roman a lot, but I feel like they didn't utilize his character as much as they could have in Season 7.

    Season 6 had so much potential, but ultimately fell flat. I'll always love Season 6 because it gave us "The French Mistake" which to this date, is one of my absolute favourite episodes of Supernatural.

    I hope in defeating The Darkness, they find some way to shut down Heaven and Hell for good...

  2. #17
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Disappointing to hear that Cas is going to have to fight with this whole spell thing for almost half the season. It seems like they always need some sort of affliction acting on at least one character every season.. I was really hoping that the team would be good to go, so that they could take on the Darkness at full strength.

    I enjoyed Dick Roman a lot, but I feel like they didn't utilize his character as much as they could have in Season 7.

    Season 6 had so much potential, but ultimately fell flat. I'll always love Season 6 because it gave us "The French Mistake" which to this date, is one of my absolute favourite episodes of Supernatural.

    I hope in defeating The Darkness, they find some way to shut down Heaven and Hell for good...
    They can't shut them both down COMPLETELY for good, that would be a disaster for all of human kind's souls. Talk about a ghost over population.

    What they have to do is find some way to bar demons and angels from entering our world, that's what it really boils down to.

  3. #18
    Forum Regular Axalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    They can't shut them both down COMPLETELY for good, that would be a disaster for all of human kind's souls. Talk about a ghost over population.

    What they have to do is find some way to bar demons and angels from entering our world, that's what it really boils down to.
    I thought shutting down Heaven and Hell just meant that no Angels or Demons would be allowed to come to Earth? Do shutting down the gates mean that no souls would be allowed to get into Heaven and Hell or does it mean that nothing is allowed in or out of Heaven and Hell?

  4. #19
    Forum Regular taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    362
    when you shut the gates souls can't go in or out either afaik

    in that episode where they kill the Hellhound (to slam the gates of hell) Dean says that soon there will be no more souls going to hell (because they're about to close the gates)

    not sure if this still has any substance though, consistency isn't the show's greatest strength or wether that means that souls that should go to hell go to Heaven instead or just hang around and spook..


    anyway why would they wanna shut down Heaven? (even if souls could still get there)

    Angels can do a whole lot of good. They just need Cas to get their **** together.
    Last edited by taftvalue; 09-14-2015 at 05:19 AM.

  5. #20
    Season TWELVE!!! SuperSheltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,398
    When Metatron cast out the angels, in effect closing the gates of Heaven, souls couldn't ascend to Heaven. Kevin was stuck in the veil with a lot of other souls. Hell's gates have never been shut completely. There were the occasional demons the Winchester's hunted, crossroads demons, and Azazel, but demons didn't run rampant until the gates were opened, letting John Winchester out of hell, and starting the ball rolling towards the Apocalypse. That's when the angels appeared.

    Also, shutting hell's gates permanently....what does that do to the rabbit hole in Purgatory?

    I think the goal here, and preferable series end, is to restore the balance of power between heaven and hell, where there are only the occasional grumpy demons, no need for the angels, and just the family business....

  6. #21
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    when you shut the gates souls can't go in or out either afaik

    in that episode where they kill the Hellhound (to slam the gates of hell) Dean says that soon there will be no more souls going to hell (because they're about to close the gates)

    not sure if this still has any substance though, consistency isn't the show's greatest strength or wether that means that souls that should go to hell go to Heaven instead or just hang around and spook..


    anyway why would they wanna shut down Heaven? (even if souls could still get there)

    Angels can do a whole lot of good. They just need Cas to get their **** together.
    They need to keep angels out because in this show, except for a small few, angels are just as nasty and evil as demons. Especially now since no one on particular can unite them. Now it's just whoevers strongest can rally the most support and allies to their cause.

    If it's not Demons wreaking havoc on human kind by killing and possessing, it's angels doing the EXACT same thing. Remember, not all humans can be angel hosts, some die (though I'm not sure how "who's worthy" is determined by their system, faith maybe?) by imploding once the angel enters the body.

    Also this seems to happen with little to no care of the human hosts, with no pause for worry or concern to said host or families. Also they often deem it necessary to "trick" human hosts to say "yes" by disguising themselves as relatives, friends, and loved ones to the host.

    Also need I point out that most angels are in favor of jump starting the apocalypse to wipe out human kind?

    Frankly as an outsider looking in I'd say the only difference between Angels and Demons is that Demons are a TAD more aggressive in their ability to simply possess at will.

    Cass has his work cut out for him if he wants to reeducate angel kind and reorganize heaven into a more human friendly movement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •