Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

DC/CW Mafia game thread

(Modified from previous games)

Welcome to the DC/CW Mafia thread! You have come here with one goal: save or destroy Star City. To do that, you have roles to play in the events each day. Use these powers wisely to find the villains and lynch them, or to convince the heroes to lynch their own!

Game Overview:
    In this game, players are given both a role and alignment in secrecy, they may either be members of the mafia or members of the town. In the public thread, every player takes on the idea that they are sided along side the town as townies. The townies job is to find and lynch those who are lying about their identities, the mafia before the mafia kills all of the innocent townies and are able to take over the town.

General Rules:
    1. I am the game mods. I have ultimate authority over the game, but I are only human and are subject to making mistakes. I have done our best to even out the playing field and create a fun game for both scum and townies. Please respect me and my decisions, I have worked very hard and will continue to do so.
    2. Everyone is assigned a role/character at random. Role-claiming (Claiming your role or character) is not allowed.
    3. The game operates in two phases: Day and Night (NOT real time). Day phases will last no longer than 5 real life days and night phases last no longer than 72 hours.
    4. During the day, players discuss who they think is scum and will have the chance to vote on someone to be lynched.
    5. During the night, those with special abilities will PM their targets to the mod. Absolutely no discussion in the thread is allowed during a night phase.
    6. Townies are NOT allowed to talk with any other player outside the thread concerning mafia. Mafia are only allowed to PM each other during the night phase. All mafia related discussion must remain in this thread. This rule only has an exception if specifically stated by myself or Summer in your role PM.
    7. If you die at any point in the game, you are not allowed to post in the thread again. Dead people can post in the graveyard thread, but please follow the graveyard rules and do not post any privilege information.
    8. Stay active! Posting off topic is NOT encouraged. You must make 3 posts per day phase. If you cannot make this limit before deadline, please let us know. If you do not give me a reason for your absence and you do not make the post quota, you may modkilled!
    9. Do not quote anything outside this thread as evidence and DO NOT EDIT your post!
    10. Above all, HAVE FUN!

Daytime Rounds:
    Each daytime round will consist of each player throwing around suspicions and accusations of who is in the mafia/SK. The mafia/SK will use this time to “deceive” the other players and often try to throw suspicion on others. If you are a townie it is job to figure out who is lying and who is telling the truth. Trust me, this won’t always be an easy feat. I advise every player to participate in discussions as much as possible, but I only require each player to post 3 times per day round (some cases may vary). The more you participate, the more fun the game will be. At any time you can give a player an IGMEOY or FOS (see common terms and acronyms). These are used to show the other players who you find suspicious. When you think you have enough evidence to lynch somebody. You may vote for that person.

Voting
    1. Votes must be cast in the following format, in all capitalization: VOTE: PLAYER X. Any vote that is not in this format will NOT count. We highly encourage votes to be inBOLD and if at all possible in RED. (This will make it much easier if we have limited time to check out the thread).
    2. If you want to change your vote, you must first UNVOTE.
    3. The number of votes required for a lynch is the majority of the players (if even # of players: 1/2 of the players plus 1; if odd # of players: 1/2 of the players plus .5.
    4. Once the required number of votes is reached on a given player, that player will be lynched. After that you cannot change your vote or unvote. The game will enter twilight and a lynch story will soon be posted and Night will begin.
    5. At deadline, if the required number of votes is NOT reached, a reduced number of votes will be accepted. This is half the original required number of votes. If there is a tie, whoever reached the number first will be lynched.
    6. At deadline, if the reduced number of votes is not met, there won't be a lynch.
    7. You can also vote NO LYNCH. If majority votes for a NO LYNCH, then the round will end there. There is NO reduced number of votes at deadline for NO LYNCH.

Nightime Rounds:
    1. No posting in the thread during a night phase.
    2. Any player with a special ability will have a deadline to send in an ability PM. If the player misses deadline, then the ability won't count. THE SOONER THE BETTER!!
    3. You may not speak about the game with any living or dead player unless specifically told so. This includes MSN convos where you throw around small accusations that could end up making you think someone is scum.

Outside of the Thread:
    1. Again, please note you may not talk to anyone unless specifically told. This includes night phases or day phases.
    2. Please do not discuss mafia via instant message unless you are given permission. I have been in situations where this is done and maybe have done it so myself, this is not accepted. Please refrain from doing so.
    3. Do not talk to dead players at all!! In the event a player is revived or we just decide to bring them back as a replacement it is best to not have told them anything that could factor into their opinions.
    4. Even if you feel you have personally offended someone it is better to apologize in the thread. Please keep that in mind, I understand you may feel necessary to do this over PM or VM, but it is better if things are not dealt with outside of the thread!!

Roles:
    Every role I have assigned in this game is based off a character from the game's theme. Everyone is assigned a character at random. You must try and keep your role a secret. We hope you each enjoy your role as we have tried our best to make the game enjoyable!

Role Claiming/Character Claiming:
    There is not to be ANY role-claiming or character claiming in this game. Please refrain from hinting. Townies, I have been in your position before but I have also been in the mafias, it truly is not fair. I know if you have information you need to guide the town, but please do this subtly and fairly. Now I know that you all know what hinting is, please don't act like you don't.
    Please take note that hinting will not always go as planned!! While it may seem like an advantage and a way to win the game, things are never that simple in mafia, and definitely not when you have someone like me as your mod.
    IF you have ANY QUESTIONS regarding what you are allowed to say, please PRIVATE MESSAGE us.

Questions:
    If you have a question at anytime, please address us in bold. and go onto asking your question. This will be very helpful for us as we may not always have time to come online and read everything. If your question is something to do specifically with your role or character, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE both of us your question and we will reply as soon as we have an acceptable answer.

Stories:
    Stories are to reveal who died, and nothing else. There will be added Flavor to fit the theme.

Other Rules:
    1. Please obey all K-Site rules!
    2. No flame wars, personal arguments, or offensive language!
    3. Remember that this is JUST A GAME! Don't take this game personally. Everyone means well, it is just that some people get more into the game then others. That is just how they play.

THE LIVING:
    Degobunny
    Halberdier17
    Lord Onox
    fantom zoner
    MovingPictures07 - replaced by BegemotGeroi after exiting
    Pali

THE DEAD:
    jpfort1957 - Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash, mafia godfather​, modkilled on Night One for inactivity
    kneel4justice -
    Felicity Smoak, townie techie, mafia-killed on Night Two
    Tricks - Barry Allen/The Flash, townie speedster, executed on Day Two
    fingersplints - Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, the survivor, mafia-killed on Night Three
    Last edited by RiddlerHanjinome; 09-16-2015 at 12:09 AM.

So the game begins now? Is this night 0 or day 1? Sorry for the question, but I am not familiar with all mafia game styles so I dont want to start playing before the game is officially on

I lost a lot of the post and was trying to edit it back in. It will be starting on day one, and there will be a post in a minute or two. lol

oh got it. I can see the text with rules now, thanks.

NIGHT ZERO

Oliver bounded along the rooftops, jumping across gaps in nearby ones, as fast as he could. Felicity was in his ear, notifying him of any expected delays, and trying to get a clear shot of the scene and surrounding area. She'd already called and notified Barry, who was on his way up from Central City, and should have been arriving at any minute. True to form, as Oliver was only a block away, he saw a red streak with gold lightning running down the street below, and knew that Barry would get there first. He just had to hope that they weren't too late.

He shot an arrow with a line attached, downward closer to the base of a nearby building, and slid down once he tied it off. Before he even hit the ground near the body, Barry was already there, and attempting to check vitals, holding back his emotion. Oliver's feet made contact, and he turned to his friend.

"Flash, did we make it in time? Is he...?"

Barry looked up at him, sad and angry at the same time, letting go of Joe West's wrist, having failed to find a pulse. There was no sign of a cause of death, but as Joe's arm flopped to the side lifelessly, and Barry slid the eyelids closed, Oliver knew they'd been too late.

-----------------------

Day one has begun! The first casualty was the NPC, the character destined to die and get the ball rolling on this thing. He was pro-Heroes, and his death will spur them in to action! Cast your votes to see who will be lynched!

The day phase will last until Monday night/Tuesday morning, at midnight. Have your votes in by then! It will take 6 votes to lynch someone, and at deadline, that will drop to 4!

Last edited by RiddlerHanjinome; 08-29-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Sorry for the short write-up, folks. Big headache today, so hard to focus on the writing. But I wanted to get the post up and get the game started.

It's so freaking awesome to finally play here again

I skimmed through the rules, and this part cracked me up and made me sad at the same time:

"General Rules:
    1. Summer and I are the game mods. We have ultimate authority over the game, but we are only human and are subject to making mistakes. We have done our best to even out the playing field and create a fun game for both scum and townies. Please respect us and our decisions, we have worked very hard and will continue to do so. "

Summer is not in the game, though I wish she did host/mod this with you, or even better, played with us. I can almost hear K4J saying what is written in those rules, LOL
    Riddler, I think you need to edit that part. Not sure about the rest, because I haven't read it yet.

Now, let's play

Never mind, by the time I wrote my post, you edited. Sorry

I fixed it. Like I said, big headache. No focus. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RiddlerHanjinome View Post
    NIGHT ZERO

Oliver bounded along the rooftops, jumping across gaps in nearby ones, as fast as he could. Felicity was in his ear, notifying him of any expected delays, and trying to get a clear shot of the scene and surrounding area. She'd already called and notified Barry, who was on his way up from Central City, and should have been arriving at any minute. True to form, as Oliver was only a block away, he saw a red streak with gold lightning running down the street below, and knew that Barry would get there first. He just had to hope that they weren't too late.

He shot an arrow with a line attached, downward closer to the base of a nearby building, and slid down once he tied it off. Before he even hit the ground near the body, Barry was already there, and attempting to check vitals, holding back his emotion. Oliver's feet made contact, and he turned to his friend.

"Flash, did we make it in time? Is he...?"

Barry looked up at him, sad and angry at the same time, letting go of Joe West's wrist, having failed to find a pulse. There was no sign of a cause of death, but as Joe's arm flopped to the side lifelessly, and Barry slid the eyelids closed, Oliver knew they'd been too late.

-----------------------

Day one has begun! The first casualty was the NPC, the character destined to die and get the ball rolling on this thing. He was pro-Heroes, and his death will spur them in to action! Cast your votes to see who will be lynched!

The day phase will last until Monday night/Tuesday morning, at midnight. Have your votes in by then! It will take 6 votes to lynch someone, and at deadline (midnight Sunday night/Monday morning, that will drop to 4!

You killed Joe?? That's cruel

Let's find some scum (it's been so long since I said scum. God, I missed K-site Sorry for going crazy. I'm too excited)

True, scum is not something i say too often

Oh and how can I not:

Vote: FZ

Yay game! Thanks again Riddler for doing this.

When you have time please check out this site - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/php...pBB3/index.php

--------------------------------

So happy to be playing here! I have missed you all <3

lmao @Pali's vote for FZ <3 this site is too awesome!

Custom Title
    YAAAAAAAAAS. I haven't played forum mafia in almost two years. Hello everyone

Wu needs to know!!!!!! jpfort1957's Avatar
    Cool !!! Checked to see if I got my role..........and see the game has started! Good to see some old friends have returned to play!!

Hi John and Onox!

Wheres everyone else at?

Imma send some alerts

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast