No announcement yet.

Give me a plot hole and I'll try to explain it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a plot hole and I'll try to explain it

Hey everybody! So, I've noticed that people have issues with plot holes with the show, some of them that are simple and others are a bit larger. So, I decided that I would create a thread for this. Just give me a plot hole and I'll try my best to explain it.

God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives!
    Last edited by Dagenspear; 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM.

Lex has been after Clark's secret for years. He's even set Simone on him (Hypnotic) to find out precisely that. Yet when Clark openly displays his strength in this very episode, Lex chalks it up to the hypnosis just because a father-murdering, lying ***** told him Clark had no secret...

Idiot ball if there ever was one.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
      Lex has been after Clark's secret for years. He's even set Simone on him (Hypnotic) to find out precisely that. Yet when Clark openly displays his strength in this very episode, Lex chalks it up to the hypnosis just because a father-murdering, lying ***** told him Clark had no secret...

Idiot ball if there ever was one.
      I think we all know that Lex knows Clark has powers. He's known it since season 1. But what that entails is something he doesn't know or refuses to let himself see. I wouldn't necessarily call that a plot hole, but my impression of this after having watched the show through is that Lex is blowing smoke in that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
        I think we all know that Lex knows Clark has powers. He's known it since season 1. But what that entails is something he doesn't know or refuses to let himself see. I wouldn't necessarily call that a plot hole, but my impression of this after having watched the show through is that Lex is blowing smoke in that scene.

Not to mention, all the times Clark used his powers in his mansion.............you would think Lex had those moments on camera, unless during those times his cameras were down.........LOL

But, my plothole to you is............explain to me the situation in with the Orb/Doomsday's death. I remember the orb telling Tess how Doomsday had to be killed for it to unleash the life inside it. Well, we all know Doomsday didn't die because he cannot be killed being buried that deep underground. Furthermore, what the hell happened to Doomsday? Don't tell me he's still buried underground because that whole angle was just a bad cop out job by the writers of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
          Not to mention, all the times Clark used his powers in his mansion.............you would think Lex had those moments on camera, unless during those times his cameras were down.........LOL

But, my plothole to you is............explain to me the situation in with the Orb/Doomsday's death. I remember the orb telling Tess how Doomsday had to be killed for it to unleash the life inside it. Well, we all know Doomsday didn't die because he cannot be killed being buried that deep underground. Furthermore, what the hell happened to Doomsday? Don't tell me he's still buried underground because that whole angle was just a bad cop out job by the writers of the show.
          Well the book of rao ejected all the kryptonians from earth. I figure doomsday is in space somewhere.

The other is a more complicated issue. But good question! I figure the death of Davis was enough to trigger the orb. Davis was a part of the creature.
          Last edited by Dagenspear; 08-26-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

A few plot holes regarding the key. How did Lionel get it to have in his safe during Insurgence, and how in the hell did Dr. Swann get it at the end of Legacy?

Also, this is more of a gripe. But after rewatching S3 recently I really dislike how Eric is susceptible to Kryptonite in Asylum. Regardless of powers, he isn't Kryptonian.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
              A few plot holes regarding the key. How did Lionel get it to have in his safe during Insurgence, and how in the hell did Dr. Swann get it at the end of Legacy?

Also, this is more of a gripe. But after rewatching S3 recently I really dislike how Eric is susceptible to Kryptonite in Asylum. Regardless of powers, he isn't Kryptonian.
              I don't know if I'd call the key thing a plot hole, more like a leap in logic, same with the powers. If we want to really think about it scientifically, a lightning strike shouldn't give Eric Clark's powers via kryptonite. It's never quite explained how kryptonite fully works in Smallville. I think we should more or less view it as a mystical thing, or as a more advanced science than we're capable of understanding. But theoretically, you could say that the way that kryptonite makes Clark sick has something to do with draining his DNA of it's energy and poisoning it in replacement of the DNA. In the episode where the kid threatens to use a kryptonite bomb and Clark gives him the serum that is made with his blood and the serum turns black and then doesn't work. I think that's likely what happened. With Eric I think the idea is that it switched their genetic make up in some way, maybe? With the key, I think we should just understand that with Lionel he had some men look around the area where the car crash happened and they found it. I think with Swann, he either had people following the Kents and they got the key when they saw the right time or Jor-El sent the key to Swann for safe keeping for the time being. We don't know for certain what the full idea behind Swann's character was before Christopher Reeve passed on.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

How do you explain the part in one of the early seasons where Clark throws a nonpowered guy through his barn roof (probably killing him) for practically nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Higgens
                  How do you explain the part in one of the early seasons where Clark throws a nonpowered guy through his barn roof (probably killing him) for practically nothing?
                  I don't know if I'd call that a plot hole.

Comment

Who sent Lana a text saying if she believed the archer in Bride.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmateria
                      Who sent Lana a text saying if she believed the archer in Bride.
                      As I understand it, it was the guy who had trained her in Power, I think the episode name is.

Comment

How did Lana take the chisel without anybody noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmateria
                          How did Lana take the chisel without anybody noticing.
                          Someone did notice, didn't they? Didn't that stalker get a picture of her? Not that I think it would be hard. Clark isn't always on alert. I figure she snuck in at night. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

I have my own thoughts but curious what you think.

Where did Gabe Sullivan go? Why didn't he attend his daughter's high school graduation or be there as her closest relative when they thought she was suicidal (side point, why was Lex - a non family member- able to have her committed) or show up for her wedding? I mean Clark had to walk her down the isle ok, technically the stairs but still!

I'm not asking for the out of show reason about actor availability or anything but what reason in show explains his disappearance?

Comment

In season 8's Stiletto, how did people start posting shipper blogs and stories about 'Blur-Etto' if Lois' Stiletto article had never been published?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎