Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Forum Regular
    Chapter 9

A week had passed since Clark and Lois almost kissed. Clark hadn’t tried to talk to her about it, and for that Lois was thankful. Their days of training and talking hadn’t passed by without its awkward moments, though. Hands touching, the way he looked at her, all of it sent shivers down her spine.

She couldn’t deny something was going on between them. She realized Raya saw it, too. But Lois couldn’t explore those feelings. Not yet. She was getting used being kryptonian and she just had sort of broke up with Oliver.

Lois took a deep breath as she arrived at the farm. Another day of training and another day which she hoped the almost kiss wouldn’t be mentioned. She headed to the barn where Clark was.

She stopped at the sight in front of her. He was working at the truck, shirtless. She gazed at the muscles of his back, the movements of his arms showing its toned form. Suddenly, her eyes started to get hot. Realizing it was the heat vision, Lois blinked a couple of times to try to regain control of the situation, managing it. “Wow, that’s new,” she said, surprised.

Clark heard her voice, turning around. He smiled widely at her.

Lois breathed hard as she saw his bare chest and abs practically pointing at her. There was a little of oil on his body. She just couldn’t stop drooling at it. Her eyes went up and then she saw his grin. Big, inviting, beautiful. It made her weak at the knees.

Clark frowned at her standing there motionless. He then approached her. “Are you okay?”

Lois gulped at his muscled body near her and then looked up, trying to focus on his question. “I… I… Uh… I am. Um… Err… Are you posing for the farmers annual calendar?” She gave a weak laugh.

Clark looked puzzled. He looked down his body and realization dawned on him. “Oh. I… My shirt got ripped when I was working on the truck.”

“You shoul… You should put a shirt on before we start our training.”

He nodded. “I will. I’m just gonna finish fixing the truck.”

Lois watched as he walked back to the barn. She bit her lower lip watching him fixing the machine, completely focused on it. It was a torture to her inhibitions.

Lois was at the door of her apartment, ready to get in. One day had passed since the shirtless incident. She went to the farm for another day of training, but Clark wasn’t there. She called him and he explained he was looking for a new Zoner. She offered to help him, but he turned her down.

As she entered the apartment, she saw Chloe sitting on the couch working on her computer. “Hey,” Lois greeted.

“Hi.”

The mood had been awkward between them. Chloe asked Lois more than once about what was happening to her, and Lois refused to say. After talking to Clark, Chloe had stopped asking, but Lois could see in her cousin’s eyes she was hurt that Lois was keeping something from her.

“Shouldn’t you be working at the Daily Planet right now?”

“I’m helping Lana with something. Lex’s missing.”

Lois looked surprised. “Are you sure he just isn’t in one of his evil companies killing puppies so he can have a hair?” Chloe raised an eyebrow at her. “Sorry.”
    “Uh, I have to go back to work,” Chloe said. She got up and started to pack her stuffs.

Lois took a deep breath. “Chloe…” The blonde turned around to look at Lois. “Can we talk?”

“I… I can’t. I’m kind of busy right now,” Chloe replied, uncertain.

Lois nodded. “It’s okay,” she said, giving her cousin a small smile.

Chloe opened the door, but stopped. She then sighed and turned around to face Lois, smiling. “You know what? You’re way above Lex in my priority list.”

Lois’s smile grew wider. Chloe closed the door and then both of them sat on the couch.

“So…” Chloe was waiting, a little impatient.

Lois took a deep breath. “Do you remember the LuthorCorp jet that crashed with me and Mrs. K in?”

Chloe nodded. “Yeah.”

“I almost died there, Chlo. The only reason I’m alive today is because of Jor-El.”

Chloe’s eyes opened widely. “What?”

“Clark’s biological father. Kryptonian father. The one that’s inside of the Fortress of Solitude.”

“You… You know?!” Lois nodded. “How long?”

“Over a month.”

“Oh.” Chloe pondered the new information. A lot of things started to make sense, but there was something that didn’t. Clark’s secret didn’t explain Lois’s odd behavior she’d been seen lately. “There is more, isn’t it?”

Lois nodded, looking down. She then looked back at her cousin. “Clark’s father didn’t just save me, he changed me.”

Chloe looked puzzled, starting to get worried. “What do you mean?”

Lois closed her eyes, trying to find strength on herself to say it. She opened her eyes and took a deep breath. “I am… I’m…” She drew another breath. “I’m a kryptonian now, too.”

Lois watched nervously as Chloe froze. She kept swallowing hard waiting for her cousin’s response.

“How? How’s that possible?”

“Jor-El injected kryptonian’s cells into my body. They liked there and made themselves at home,” Lois gave Chloe a weak smile, trying not to show that herself was still trying to accept her new reality.

“Is it permanent?” Chloe asked, tears starting to form on her eyes.

Lois only nodded.

“How are you dealing with it?”

A tear rolled down Lois’s cheek. “Accepting it. Clark’s been helping me with it, training me. He’s been a really good friend.”

Chloe hesitated. “Why did you wait so long to tell me? I know this was hard for you, but I could have helped, be there for you.”

“I know you could. The problem wasn’t you, it was me.” Lois took another breath. “When my powers started to develop, you were the first person I went to tell about it, but you were busy.” Chloe looked guilty. “I’m not blaming you, okay? I was feeling so lost, lonely at that moment, I just needed someone to talk. And then I confided in Mrs. K. At the time I thought it was just a case of meteor freak.”

She continued. “After Clark explained what was happening to me, I don’t know, I just kept postponing our talk, hoping it’d be temporary and soon I’d get back to normal. It was only after Jor-El announced it was irreversible that I knew I had to accept it. But I was scared to tell you, of you seeing me differently. I know you accepted Clark, but this is me, your family. I feel like a whole different person now.”

“Lois, I don’t see you –“

“I know, Chlo. Deep down I always knew.” Tears rolled down Lois’s cheeks. “I’m the one who have to accept it, to still feel like I belong to this family even when everything about me says otherwise.

Tears also started to roll down Chloe’s cheeks. “Oh, Lois. You’d still be my family even if you were green and had antennas on your head.” They hugged, smiling slightly.

After a couple of minutes, they pulled away, both of them wiping the tears with their hands. “There’s something else,” Lois spoke.

“What?”

“The minute I decided you should know about me, I knew my father and sister deserved the same.”

Chloe looked concerned. “Are you sure?”

Lois nodded. “I’ll keep Clark’s heritage out of the story. I don’t know when, or what exactly I’m gonna tell them, nor even how they’re gonna react, all I’m sure of right now is that it’s the right thing to do.”

Chloe nodded. “I’m here for whatever you need, Lois. I’ll support whatever you decide.”

Lois smiled. “Thank you.”

Chloe smiled back. “Tell me about you powers. Show me them.”

“Ok –“

There was a knock on the door. Chloe went to answer it. “Lana.”

“Chloe. I went to the Daily Planet to talk to you but you weren’t there. I found out who kidnapped Lex. He was –“ Entering the apartment, Lana realized someone else was there. “Lois, hi.”

“Hey,” Lois replied, a little uncomfortable. “Chloe told me about what happened to Lex. I hope you find him.”

“Thanks,” Lana smiled, grateful.

Chloe looked at Lois. “You don’t mind if we continue our talk later, do you?”

Lois shook her head.

Chloe smiled at her and then looked back at Lana. “Let’s go to the Daily Planet. Jimmy was following some leads, he might have something for us.”

Lana nodded. She said goodbye to Lois as she and Chloe left the apartment.

It was weird for Lois seeing Lana after what almost happened between her and Clark. So far her reasons to avoid the talk with him hadn’t included Lana. But now her mind was filled with the most hard question. Was she just Clark’s rebound girl?

Lois sighed. She had no idea of what to do.

“My mom told me you were waiting for me,” Clark spoke as he arrived on the loft of the barn. He had just arrived from Seattle where he found another Zoner.
    “Yeah,” Lois said, a little hesitant. “How it all went? I was worried.”

His lips curled into a smile. “You were worried about me?”

Lois shot him a look.

He chuckled. His face then turned serious. “The Zoner was defeated.”

“Good. One less bad guy to worry about.”

“Not by me.”

Lois frowned. “How so?”

“I was on the verge of being killed, but then a man sort of burnt the Zoner with his hand. He then flew away.”

“Flew? Smallville, we really need to learn to fly.” Clark was quiet, pondering something. “There is something bothering you, isn’t it?”

Clark turned around to look at the stars, taking a deep breath. “The way that Zoner killed his victims, it was so inhuman. I wanted to stop him as soon as possible, but the crystal didn’t work. That man saved my life, other people’s life, I’m just not sure if kill the Zoner was the right answer.”

Lois put a hand on his shoulder. “I don’t have the answer for it either, Smallville, but it wasn’t you that made that decision. You can’t blame yourself for something you didn’t.”

Clark turned around to face her. “It’s not about it. I just wonder if when the time comes, I’ll have to fight against people who want the same thing I do, but uses their own laws to do it.”

“When the time comes, you’ll know what to do. Hopefully, by the time it happens you’ll start including me in your fights.”

They stared into each other’s eyes, Clark’s hands were touching both of Lois’s arms, his thumb stroking it. “You shouldn’t see what I saw, Lois.”

Lois looked frustrated. “I’m the daughter of a man of war, Clark. Believe me, I saw a lot of ugly things.”

“Did you ever see a man without his skeleton? Did you ever see the fear in someone eyes about to have his back broken by another man twice his size?” Clark tightened his grip on Lois’s arm. “Can you imagine the fear in someone’s eyes seeing a person he cares about in a situation like that?”

Lois’s face softened at what she was seeing. Hesitation. Was Clark afraid of letting her in? Losing her? How much did she really mean to him? She put a hand on his chest. “I won’t leave you alone, whether you like or not,” she said, giving him a warm smile.

“I hope you don’t.” He put his hand over hers. They kept gazing at each other, breathing heavily. Lois then freed her hand abruptly.

Lois swallowed hard, avoiding his eyes, which were looking for hers. “Um. I told Chloe about me.”

“You did?” Clark looked surprised.

“I did,” Lois nodded. “She took it well.”

Clark smiled. “I’m happy for you both.”

The silence dominated the place. “Well, uh… I guess I should get going. Good night,” Lois started to leave.

“Wait.” Clark grabbed her hand before she could climb down the stairs. Lois looked at his hand holding hers and then at him, confused. He let go of her hand. “What do you say if we go somewhere to eat tomorrow?” She stared at him with wide-open eyes. “It’s not a date. Just something… Like a date,” he added, nervously.

Her heart beat a mile a minute, it felt like it’d pop out of her chest at any moment. “I can’t. I… I’m busy tomorrow with… I have lots of papers to analyze. Sorry,” she lied. She wasn’t ready. “Maybe some other day.”

Clark nodded, disappointed. “Maybe.”

Lois practically ran out of the barn. A thoughtful Clark turned around to look back at the stars, oblivious to a man watching him from afar with a box of Oreos in his hand.

Almost two weeks later, things between Lois and Clark had cooled down. There were times that they wanted to talk about their situation, but neither of them had the courage to do so. Lois, especially, would go out of her way to pretend nothing had happened. The truth was, both of them were still confused regarding their feelings for each other.

They were training Lois’s heat vision with Frisbees. Clark was throwing them far in the air as Lois hit them with her power. So far she hadn’t missed any. “You’re really good at it.”

“Mama knows,” Lois smiled cockily. “Step up your lessons, master El.”

“Well, there’s only one thing left for you to learn.”

Lois sighed. “Super breath –“

“Arctic breath.”

“This power isn’t my thing, I tell you.”

“C’mon, you just need practice.” Clark took off his jacket and held it loosely. “I want you to blow it out of my hand.”

Lois positioned herself in front of Clark, a couple of meters away from him. She closed her eyes, trying to concentrate. She then opened her eyes and started to fill her lungs with air and blew it. Nothing.

Clark signaled for her to try again. She repeated the movements twice. Still nothing. “Forget it,” Lois said, irritated. She turned to leave.

“Lois –“

“I said forget it,” she said, glaring at him. She turned to leave again.

Clark sucked in his lips. He then blew air on Lois’s hair, tousling the back of it. “Stop it, Smallville.”

He blew again. “Do it.”

“Stop.”

And again. “Do it.”

Lois turned around, teeth clenched, and then blew air in his direction. Still a regular blow. Clark was smirking, which was making her even more angry.

She closed her eyes, trying to regain focus. She took as much air as she could and then blew it. She opened her eyes to see Clark’s jacket being thrown away and Clark trying to maintain his shirt on his body. Lois smiled from ear to ear.

His hair was messy, his facing showing clearly he was taken by surprise. Despite all that, he laughed. He was proud of her.

“I did it! All I need now is a cape and I’m good to go,” Lois said, happy.

He gave her a smile. “Congratulations.”

Lois looked him over. “You’ve been teaching me so much. I should teach you something, too.”

Clark raised an eyebrow at her. “What exactly do you have in mind?”

“Fighting skills. I'm a third-degree black belt, I actually can teach you some moves.”

Clark looked uncertain. “I –“

“No, I’ll show you. Now, I want you to throw punches at me.”

“What? No way.”

Lois made an annoyed face. “I will start then.” Lois started to throw punches at Clark, which she blocked with his arms. “You have reflexes. Good.”

“And you’re crazy if you think I will fight you.”

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Training, not fighting.” She then did a sweep kick, making Clark fall on his back on the ground. Clark got up and tried to grab her arms, but she grabbed his arm first and flipped him over her back, dropping him on the ground again.

“Poor Smallville. Pure muscle, no skill at all,” Lois mocked.

Clark ruffled and got up again. “Very well. Come!”

They walked in circle, waiting for the moment one of them would lower the guard. Lois would eventually throw some kicks at Clark, which he blocked. She tried again, but this time Clark held her leg, trapping her. Lois gulped as he pulled her body closer to his and dropped her on the ground.

He lay on top of her, trying to trap her legs and arms. “You were saying?” His smile was confident.

“You can’t beat the city girl, farm boy.” Lois used her only free arm to take him off her and then flipped him onto his back. She winked at him.

Before she could try to trap him, however, Clark regained control of the situation and took her down, lying on top of her again. They started to giggle, both of them breathing heavily.

Clark stopped giggling when he caught sight of her face, inches away from his. She was so beautiful. Why did it feel like it was the first time he was seeing her?

Lois then realized the lack of Clark’s voice. She opened her eyes to see his blue eyes looking at her. Beautiful, intense. Desiring her.

They were gazing at each other. They could feel each other’s hot breath. Everything they’d done so far was leading to this. Clark promised he’d waited until the time was right. This was it. He then leaned in to kiss her.

His lips brushed hers slowly. It was sweet, shy. Enough to make Lois respond to it. She wanted more, though, but before she could demand more, Clark pulled away.

He looked at Lois, who was still trying to regain her senses. If she wanted to leave, now it was the time. She just kept looking at him, waiting for him, waiting for his lips back on hers. Without wasting any more time his lips crashed on hers again.

This time there was more passion, demand. His tongue parted her lips, looking for hers. Their tongues met and started to dance, making their owners moan in pleasure. Clark’s warm lips then started to suck her lower one.

It felt good. It felt like the world and its problems didn’t matter at the moment. They both wanted this kiss to keep going forever. Well, at least until Lois panicked. She opened her eyes abruptly and pushed Clark off her.

Clark looked dumbfounded as she got up and raised her hand to her forehead. “I… I…” She then superspeeded out of there.

Clark was breathing heavily, still trying to process what had happened. Words failed him at that moment.
    Last edited by jetslay; 06-14-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Of course, when it gets going good, Lois hightails it outta there!

Banned - Plagiarism
    Clark's Piggy Bank outside his Wheelhouse
    Aww yeah boy! Clarky activated Little Lo's heat vision. Carlos you rock. But dammit Lois and her tightly wound bolt reflex. Things were just getting good. She better run in a circle right back to the farm if she knows what's good for her.

Greaat chapter. I'm glad Lois decided to tell Chloe and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sueque67 View Post
    Of course, when it gets going good, Lois hightails it outta there!
    Lois could gain a run movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tua33915 View Post
    Aww yeah boy! Clarky activated Little Lo's heat vision. Carlos you rock. But dammit Lois and her tightly wound bolt reflex. Things were just getting good. She better run in a circle right back to the farm if she knows what's good for her.
    She overthinks too much. No wonder it takes a man from a different planet to deal with her.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan325 View Post
    Greaat chapter. I'm glad Lois decided to tell Chloe and I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Thanks. Next chapter below.

Forum Regular
    Chapter 10

“Chloe, you said it was urgent. Anything wrong with Lois?” Clark, who had just arrived at the Talon, asked, worried. Two days had passed since he and Lois had kissed. They hadn’t talked since it and every time Clark called her, she ignored it. He thought about knocking on her door, but restrained himself, realizing it was better to give her space.

Chloe frowned. “What? No.” She sighed. “Have you seen the Daily Planet this morning?”

Clark looked puzzled. “No.”

“Okay. God, I can't let you read this in the paper.” She paused. “Lex proposed to Lana.”

He looked surprised. “What did she say?”

“She hasn't given him an answer,” she said, passing him the newspaper she was holding.

Clark looked at it with eyes wide-open. “It says here it's because of me. Is this true? Chloe?”

Chloe remained silent, but her face showed clearly it was true.

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” he said, giving the newspaper back to her.

“What?” She said, taken by surprise.

“A year ago it was me who proposed to her, and at the time I really believed we’d end up together. But here we are now, she’s living with Lex and I’m… Uh, maybe what we had just wasn’t meant to be.”

Chloe was still surprised at his speech. She never thought she’d hear Clark giving up Lana. “Not that I don’t see your point, but do you really think Lana can be happy with Lex?”

“It’s her decision to make.”

“Wow. What has caused all this change?”

Clark didn’t reply, he just looked at the door of the apartment above the talon.

Clark had decided to stay at the Talon after Chloe left to work, hoping Lois would come down and bump into him. Unfortunately for him, she decided to live a reclusive life for the day.

He kept looking at his cell phone waiting for a text or call from her, anything. He then looked at the door of her apartment. So close. He was fighting against the will to go there and talk to her, about the kiss, about them. Feel her lips against his. But he was also scared that next time they see each other she’d reject him for good.

Why Lois had to be so complicated to deal with?

There’s one thing he could try at least. “Lois, can you hear me?” He whispered, hoping her super hearing would pick up his voice. “Lois. Please.”

Clark sighed, no response from her. He turned to leave, disappointed, when a man stopped in front of him. Lex. He looked at him with anger, resentment. Someone saw the article in the Daily Planet and didn’t like it one bit.

Clark tried to walk away, but Lex had something else in mind. “You must be enjoying this, aren’t you? Right now you must be thinking you can talk her out of making the biggest mistake of her life by marrying me.”

Clark sighed, annoyed. He turned to face Lex. “No, Lex, I don’t plan on convincing Lana of anything. Whether she decides to marry or not, it’ll be her decision.”

“I don’t believe in you. I know you, Clark –“

“I don’t have to listen to you,” Clark said, turning to leave again.

“If you know what’s good for you, you’ll stay away from Lana!”

Clark angered and glared at Lex. “It must be eating at you that she's hesitating... Wondering why she hasn't given you an answer.”

Lex had a serious expression on his face, but there was a hint of a triumphant smile on his lips. Clark was exactly where he wanted him to be. “I guess it would... If I didn't know what the answer was going to be. You see, I highly doubt she'll say no, Clark... Now that she's carrying my child.”

Clark looked shocked as he watched Lex leaving the Talon.

Lois was sitting on the couch of the living room of her apartment staring at the newspaper in her hands. The article was none other than the news of the day, the love triangle formed by Lex, Lana, and Clark. She was almost relieved she hadn’t started anything with Clark, it’d be awkward dating him and then read that his ex girlfriend was still in love with him. Or worse, her name included in this media gossip mess.

She had liked the kiss, though. A lot. It was gentle, passionate. It made her feel hot, wanting to give all of herself to him. But something inside of her made her stop it, and she had no idea what. Was she feeling guilty? Why? They’re both single and right now the only kryptonians on Earth. Wasn’t she sure of her feelings for him? She could try to deny her feelings for him, but her eagerness to kiss him again was saying otherwise. Was she actually afraid they would work? The guy who she had dismissed several times in the past, her best friend now, could he be the one who’d stay by her side until the end? What if he’s just one more person in her life who’d left her behind? Could she face it?

Then, there was Clark. What was he thinking about the possibility of Lana still loving him? Was he thinking in getting back with Lana? What would happen to them if he does? What if the kiss actually meant something for him and he actually wants her? He had texted Lois, asking her how she was doing, that they needed to talk. They need to talk.

She wanted to scream, but being called the crazy lady upstairs wasn’t in her plans.

There was a knock on the door. Lois looked unsettled, fearing it was Clark. She used her x-ray vision to see who was and sighed in relief, followed by a frown. She got up and answered it. “Oliver.”

“Hey,” the blonde man greeted her, smiling. Lois kept looking at him with a confused expression. “Uh, won’t you invite me to come in?”

“Oh… Yeah. Of course. Come in,” Lois said. Oliver entered the apartment. “It’s weird you showing up like that. I’ve been trying to call you those past few weeks and you never answered it,” she added, a little uncomfortable.

“Yeah… I’m sorry about that. I needed to clear my head… Forget you.”

Lois closed the door of the apartment and crossed her arms. “You promise me we’d still be friends.”

His smile grew wider. “And that’s why I’m here.”

She smiled back. “So we’re good? No hard feelings?”

Oliver nodded. “We’re good.”

Lois went to sit on the couch, Oliver following her. He caught sight of the newspaper and picked it. “Wow, look at that. Lex must be pissed off. Boy scout, on the other hand… Do you think he’ll go after her?”

Lois took the newspaper out of his hand forcefully. “You’re not here to talk about Smallville’s love life,” she said, a hint of anger in her voice.

Oliver frowned at her. He then took a deep breath. “I’m really not. I came here actually to ask you to join my team.”

“Your team?” Lois asked, puzzled.

“It’s a group of super guys I’ve been working with those past months.”

“And what exactly are you guys working on?”

“Uncovering secrets. Mostly involving Lex.”

Lois heard the key word. “I’m in. When do we start?”

Oliver chuckled. “We’re following some leads right now. I’ll let you know when we’re gonna need you.”

She then realized something. “Wait, aren’t you gonna tell Clark? He could help us.”

He averted his eyes. “Clark and I don’t exactly see each other eye to eye. He’d definitely be a great addition to our team, but I’m not sure he’d agree with our methods.”

“You could ask him.”

“Lois –“

She rolled her eyes. “You know, if you weren’t so focused on competing which hero concept is the right one, you could actually be best friends.” She then shrugged. “But hey, your team, your decision.”

Oliver sighed. She had a point. The question was, could he and Clark ever work as true partners?

The next day, Clark was sitting on the couch of the loft looking at a picture of him and Lana and the article of yesterday. They went separate ways with nothing left but hurt. Was this the definitive end for them?

“Sorry that you had to find out like this,” Lana spoke as she climbed the stairs.

“It's okay.” Clark put down the newspaper and put the photo back in his yearbook. “You don't have to tell me every little detail of your life anymore.”

Lana stepped closer to him. “Clark, we both know that a proposal is more than a little detail. And as messed up as it is... You were the first person that I wanted to tell.”

Clark kept quiet.

“Clark, you said that you didn't love me anymore, and I tried to cut everything off, but I'm not made that way. Even if we're not talking, you are still a part of my life, and I'm not trying to deny it anymore. I'm trying to put it into perspective.”

“I guess we both need to do that,” Clark said, uncertain. He then took a deep breath. “I know about the baby. Lex told me.”

Lana swallowed hard. “Does it change things for us?”

“No, things had changed between us way before it. This baby only proves it. I guess I’m finally ready to admit this is the end for Clark Kent and Lana Lang.”

She looked hurt. “Are you sure?”

“For the first time in a long time, I know what I want to do.”

Lana nodded, fighting back the tears. She started to leave, only stopped by Clark’s voice. “I hope Lex makes you very happy.” She then left without any more words.

Clark watched her leave, saddened by the whole situation. He went to sit back on the couch, pondering on what to do next.

Clark knocked on Lois’s door, waiting nervously for her to answer it. Lois was in the kitchen when she heard it. Even without her superpowers, she could sense it was Clark. She hesitated to answer it.

After taking deep breaths, she approached the door. She might as well get over with it. “Who’s it?”

“Uh… Clark.”

She took another breath.

“I brought food. Tacos, from Mexico,” he said.

She finally opened the door. She had barely eaten all day.

“Hi,” he smiled shyly at her.

“Hey,” she smiled back. She then pointed to the bag of food. “May I?”

He handed it to her. “It’s all yours.”

She took it and went to sit on floor of the living room. He sat there, too. “How… How have you been?” He asked.

“Fine,” she replied, her mouth full. She then swallowed it. “You?”

“Good. I’m good.”

“It must’ve been crazy for you yesterday… With that article and all, I mean,” Lois said, trying to sound as cool as possible.

“A little.”

“Are you kidding me? Your ex-girlfriend, who you love since forever –“

“I don’t –“

“Was proposed by your worst enemy. She didn’t say yes because she’s still in love with you. That must’ve unsettled you.”

Clark raised an eyebrow at her. “They’ve been together for a long time, it was natural Lex would eventually propose to her. Besides, what you don’t know is that Lana is pregnant.”

“What?” Lois was shocked. Clark nodded his head, his face was serene. “I’m sorry,” she said sincerely.

“It took be my surprise at first, but I’m fine, Lois,” he smiled at her, putting his hand over hers. She stared at him surprised. “Things had changed for her… And for me.”

She retreated her hand and stood up. Clark got up, too. She started to head to the kitchen, but Clark grabbed her arm, stopping her. “We should talk about the kiss.”

“When I want to talk about it, I'll send up a smoke signal,” she replied, a little aloud.

She tried to free herself, but he tightened his grip. “Why are you running from it?” Clark asked, releasing her arm.

Lois sighed. “I just think we’re spending too much time together and in the process we’re seeing certain feelings that aren’t real.”

Clark laughed ironically. “This is not a real reason.” Clark moved his head close to hers. “I like you. That’s a real reason.”

She stepped back. “Clark, we’re in such a good place right now. Why mess it up with something that could be only attraction.”

He stepped forward. “How do you know it’s only attraction? Don’t you have the curiosity to explore those feelings?” His gaze met hers. “We can be something great.” He leaned in.

Clark then kissed her. She tried to fight against his soft lips on hers, but her desire to be consumed by them was stronger. He placed his hand on the back of her neck for support. His lips kept brushing hers, while his tongue gained access inside her mouth, finding hers. The intensity of that lip-lock made Lois’s body grow hotter with lust.

Lois then broke the kiss. “No,” she said, breathless.

“Lois –“ Clark, also breathless, tried to calm her down.

“No, it’s wrong. We shouldn’t…”

“Lois, please.”

She looked frightened. “I said no. Listen, it’s better we end this now before we have a worst headache in the future.”

He grabbed her arm, his eyes pleading. “You can’t –“

“You should leave.” Lois grabbed his arms and started leading him out of the apartment. “We shouldn’t see each other for awhile. I’m sure after some time apart we’ll come to our senses and laugh at this stupidity.” She then slammed the door in his face.

She breathed hard and leaned her back against the door. She cursed herself for feeling bad at that moment. She closed her eyes, trying to regain focus, when her super hearing picked a song. A heart. It was beating fast, really fast. It was his. It was Clark’s.

He was also leaning his back against the door and breathing heavily. The sound of her heartbeat, even faster than his, was all he was listening at that moment.

The sound of his heart started to soft Lois. He wanted her as much as she wanted him. He was scared as her. Why run from it at all?

She opened the door of her apartment. “Clark.” He turned to look at her, his body trembling. “This is really happening, isn’t it?”

He nodded, shyly.

She smiled slightly and then jumped into his arms, kissing him hard. Her hands cupped his face, while his arms tightened around her waist. Her tongue tasted his lips before it found his tongue.

“Careful next time you jump on me, you can tackle me now,” he joked during kisses.

“I could tackle you with or without powers.”

He smiled. “I bet so.”

They kept kissing and smiling, enjoying their moment. They were still unsure of what the future reserved for them, but they’d face it together, stronger than ever.

Okay, I know I haven't commented before now. Yes, I know, I'm bad. I have to say though that I'm enjoying this story. I loved the idea of Lois getting powers and having to adjust and you've done a great job so far, Carlos. And finally! I'm glad Clark and Lois finally got their acts together and acknowledged what we've known for a long time.

Banned - Plagiarism
    I loved your version of the opposite sides of the apartment door scene. Sweet and nicely done, Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnz View Post
    Okay, I know I haven't commented before now. Yes, I know, I'm bad. I have to say though that I'm enjoying this story. I loved the idea of Lois getting powers and having to adjust and you've done a great job so far, Carlos. And finally! I'm glad Clark and Lois finally got their acts together and acknowledged what we've known for a long time.
    I just finally got around to reading this story and I have to say that I'm enjoying it as much as Leanne. I really like that Raya didn't die and that Lois was the one who saved her, but I think my favorite moment was the door scene at the end of your last chapter. There are other moments that I loved but I'll stop there for now. I'm sure there will be others.

Great chapter. I'm glad Clark & Lois acknowledged their feelings for one another and I can't wait to see what happens with Oliver and the team with Lois helping them.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnz View Post
    No problem, I'm glad you're enjoying this. The next chapters are the ones I was looking forward the most to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tua33915 View Post
    I loved your version of the opposite sides of the apartment door scene. Sweet and nicely done, Carlos.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gem65 View Post
    I just finally got around to reading this story and I have to say that I'm enjoying it as much as Leanne. I really like that Raya didn't die and that Lois was the one who saved her, but I think my favorite moment was the door scene at the end of your last chapter. There are other moments that I loved but I'll stop there for now. I'm sure there will be others.
    Thank you!

Yeah, I wanted Raya to live to show how much the timeline was altered. Plus, since Lois was in the acceptance stage still, it was a good way to use her new abilities. She'll be back towards the end with one or two news.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkfan325 View Post
    Great chapter. I'm glad Clark & Lois acknowledged their feelings for one another and I can't wait to see what happens with Oliver and the team with Lois helping them.
    Lois in Oliver's team only in the chapter after the next one. First there's a certain first date...

Forum Regular
    Chapter 11

Lois was in front of the mirror in her bedroom putting on a light lipstick. Tonight was her first date with Clark. She was wearing a fitted red dress, cut above the knee, which let pretty clear the killer body she had. Clark was a lucky man.

The door of the apartment opened. “Lois?” Chloe called, surprise in her eyes. Her cousin turned around to look at her. “You have a date?”

Lois gasped. She and Clark agreed on enjoying their new relationship before breaking the news to their family and friends. “I… I do.”

Chloe smiled. “Who’s the prince charming?”

“He’s tall, handsome, and very mysterious. Sorry, cuz, no more information for now,” Lois said, winking at her.

Chloe frowned. “He’s not picking you up here?”

“Uh… No. You know the protocol, two cars at the beginning of the night, no drama at end of it,” Lois lied.

Her cousin nodded uncertain. Lois’s super hearing then picked Clark’s voice calling her. “Uh, Chlo, I gotta go. Bye.” She kissed the blonde’s cheek.

“Bye. Have fun!”

“Thanks!” Lois hurried out of the door. She stopped when she spot Clark outside the Talon. “What are you doing here? I thought we’d meet at your barn and then go to our date.”

He stood there gazing at her, mesmerized by the way her hair fell over one shoulder and her eyes sparkled.

Lois frowned. “Smallville? Anything wrong?”

“You… You look beautiful,” he said, not taking his eyes off her.

She blushed. “You look great, too.” Clark was wearing a dark blue jacket with a long sleeved grey shirt beneath it and a pair of jeans. He smiled at her. “So, where are we going?”

“Well, I assumed you wouldn’t wanna go to a fancy restaurant.”

“You guessed right, Mr. Kent.”

“And I really don’t think diner is the place for a first date...”

“Actually –“

He took something out of his pocket. “So I bought us tickets to a carnival in Illinois.”

Lois looked surprised. “Oh.”

“You didn’t like it?” Clark asked, disappointment in his voice.

“No, it’s not that. I loved it. We’re not having this date to get to know each other, we just wanna have fun together. It’s perfect. It’s just…”

Clark knitted his eyebrows. “What?”

Lois gave a shy laugh. “I dressed imagining we’d go to a place to eat.” She took a breath. “No problem. I’ll just go upstairs and change clothes. I’ll be quick, I promise.”

Before she could leave, Clark grabbed her arm. “Don’t change, I like what you’re wearing.”

“Clark, I can’t run in heels and dress.”

“I can take you there,” he smiled, shyly.

Lois raised an eyebrow at him. “Seriously?”

He put his hands on his pocket and raised his shoulders. “If you don’t mind.”

Lois pondered it, and then nodded. “Fine. I’m not in the mood to change my dress, anyway.”

His lips opened in a big smile. When he was about to take her in his arms, he caught sight of her face, close to his. Without thinking, he kissed her. She was quick to respond to it. He bent his head and brushed her lips with his own as his tongue worked its way inside her mouth. After a few seconds, he broke the kiss reluctantly.

Regaining the control, Lois looked at Clark, who was expecting for her reaction, with a serene expression. “If anyone saw us, you’re dead.”

Clark chuckled. “Don’t worry. Chloe’s working on her computer and we’re alone out here.” He then took her in his arms and superspeeded them to their date.

Clark and Lois arrived at the carnival in a matter of seconds. “Funny, it’s the first time you ever carried me, isn’t it?”

Her remark surprised him. “Yeah, I think it is. Our first time, then.”

“Looking forward to my turn,” she smirked.

Clark rolled his eyes. “Where do you want to go first?”

“How about the ferris wheel?” Lois said, pointing to it.

He smiled. “Sounds great to me.”

They reached the line, and after waiting a few minutes they got in. They took their seats and then the wheel started to rotate. Stuck in that tiny space and with uncertainty if they could touch each other arose an awkward silence between them.

The wheel stopped, their seats at the top. Lois looked at Clark, who was looking everywhere but her. She then looked at the sky. “It feels so good up here.”

Clark finally looked at her.

She looked back at him. “I can’t wait to start to fly. To feel it every day,” she said, smiling.

“I wish I could teach you.”

“I don’t get it. Why it’s so difficult for you to fly, while someone like Raya, who just got her powers, already did?”

“I really don’t know,” he gave her a tight-lipped smile. “It’s funny, actually. Years ago, when I had no idea I could someday have this power, I had fear of heights. I was afraid that somehow, having all those powers growing inside of me, I’d fall from the skies and realize I wasn’t as invincible as I thought.”

The wheel started to move again.

“And now you know you’re much more than that. You overthink too much, Smallville.”

Clark laughed. “Says the woman who ran from me every time I wanted to talk about us.”

Lois shot him a look. “I’m allowed to have doubts.” Her face then softened. “Friends to lovers isn’t an easy transition.”

He nodded. “I agree. But this, us, is something worth fighting for,” he grinned at her.

She smiled briefly at him before looking back at the sky. “I know.”

After a couple more of rides, they left the toy. Clark spotted a cotton candy machine. “Do you want some cotton candy?”

Lois nodded.

“I’ll be right back.”

As Clark left, Lois checked on her cell phone. There was a message from Oliver.

“I have a job for you. Talk to you tomorrow.”

Lois was excited to do it, to finally make a difference with her powers. But she was also feeling guilty for hiding it from Clark. She hated Oliver’s stubbornness, but she’d respect his decision.

“Here,” Clark arrived with the cotton candy, the smile on his lips as big as his heart. Loveable as he was.

Lois put the cell phone back in her purse and then grabbed the cotton candy. She used her free hand to hold his, surprising him. They walked around the park hand in hand as she ate her candy.

“That one,” Lois said, pointing to a high striker. “I think I’ll test my strength.”

Clark raised an eyebrow at her. “Don’t you think it’s a bit of unfair?”

“Relax, I’ll just use ten percent of my strength,” she winked at him.

Clark looked around trying to find something else for them to do. He smiled when he found it. “I have a better idea.” He grabbed her arm and led her there.

“A photo booth?” Lois sounded surprised.

“Yeah. The best way to keep memories of our first date.”

“Hmm. That’s actually a good idea.”

They entered the phone booth and took their seats. Their first picture had them hugging and smiling as they looked at the camera. In the second one, they decided to take a picture as they gave each other a peck on the lips. The next one had them sticking out their tongues, while they made silly faces. And, finally, in the forth photo, they messed each other’s hair and laughed happily.

They left the booth and grabbed the photos, looking at it fondly. “We look good together,” Lois said, smiling at him.

He looked at her and smiled back. “Yeah, we do.”

They kept walking until they found another booth to play at. They found a target shooting one. Lois grinned instantly.

She took a shotgun and positioned herself. She hit the first target right away. “Should I tell them I’m a pro?” She whispered to Clark.

“Just show them how it’s done,” he winked at her.

Lois soon hit all the targets, not missing even one. “Which one do you want?” The owner of the booth asked, pointing to the prizes, clearly impressed by Lois’s ability.

“The white dog teddy bear,” Lois said.

The man frowned. He expected her to pick one of the bigger teddy bears, not such a common one. He handed it to her.

“For you,” Lois offered the toy to Clark.

He knitted his eyebrows. “What?”

“This is Krypto. We made a deal that your next dog would be named that and now I’m honoring it.”

Clark took it. “You remember that?” He asked, astonished.

“Those powers gave me an incredible memory. I remember now things like giving my little sister milk and bread because I had burnt the eggs. And the time I pulled a boy’s hair because he kept bugging the kids in the school.”

Clark gave her a warm smile. “Thank you.”

She nodded, a little unsettled by the way he was looking at her.

Their next stop was at the ring toss game.

“C’mon, Smallville. It’s your turn to play.”

“Lois, I don’t think it’s –“

“Shh, I don’t wanna hear it.” She dragged him in front of the booth. “Now play. And I want a victory, handsome.” She patted him on the back.

Clark sighed. He really didn’t feel comfortable competing against people he could easily defeat. It was the happiness on her face, however, that convinced him to do it. It was all he wanted for this day. What was it in her that made him feel so free?

One by one, the rings he threw landed on the neck of the bottle. He received a peck on his cheek from Lois for the victory.

He surprised Lois when he picked a big teddy bear as his prize. “Uh, Clark, this is a little too much for me,” she told him.

Clark had a cocky smile on his lips. “Who said this is for you?”

Lois tilted her head, confused. Clark turned to the other side and got down on one knee. “Here, for you,” he offered the teddy bear to a little girl who was watching him throwing the rings the entire time.

The girl looked at him motionless, shy. He nodded at her to take the toy. The little girl grabbed the teddy bear, thanked Clark, and ran to show it to her parents who were at the neighbor booth.

Lois had watched the scene amazed and with a proud smile on her face.

“That is a great hotdog,” Lois spoke as she started to eat her food. They were sitting on a table near the hotdog truck.

Clark watched her, captivated. Lois caught him on it. She looked pensive. “Do you think we’d be here, together, if I hadn’t change?” Lois asked.

Clark frowned. “Why do you ask?”

“Well, I changed. At least physically. From an acquaintance to your perfect mate change anyone’s perceptions.”

“Do you think we’d be together if you hadn’t change?” Clark retorted.

“Touché.” She took a breath. “I’m not trying to run from this, okay? I just want to understand where the old Lois would fit in here. Like, if you and old me started to date what would stop you from breaking up with her the same way you did with Lana? What the new me offers you that they don’t?”

He was taken aback by her question. “I… Uh…” He was having difficulty to find the right words. He then took a deep breath. “When I broke up with Lana, I was so confused. The most recent events, including my father’s death, made me believe there wasn’t a future for me and her. Or with any other woman, for that matter. But I knew deep down I couldn’t live thinking like that forever.”

“Lois, I didn’t start to see you differently because you’re kryptonian now. You hadn’t changed, you’re still the same joyful and brave woman, even after everything that happened to you.” Clark touched her hair. “What really changed is that you let me in. I let you in. We got closer, we discovered feelings that had always been there. If you were you old you, it’d probably take some time to reach all those things, but I like to believe we’d still have this, no matter what.”

Lois smiled shyly. “I like to believe that, too.”

“Alright, lovebirds,” the band in the background spoke into the microphone. “I want to see the boys take their girls to dance for our next song.”

Clark beamed and looked at Lois. He tilted his head, suggesting going there. Lois shook her head, although amused. Refusing to take no for an answer, Clark stood up and extended his hand. She sighed and took his hand. They joined the other couples dancing.

Clark placed his arms around Lois’s waist as she put her arms around his neck. Their feet moved together at a slow pace. They gazed lovingly into each other’s eyes with a small smile on their lips.

Involved by the song, they kissed. In this romantic and passionate kiss, the outside world and its sounds didn’t matter. Their warm lips, wet tongues, the sounds coming out of their mouths, it was what they cared about in that moment.

They pulled away a couple of minutes later. They kept dancing and grinning endlessly.

Clark and Lois arrived late in the night at the Talon. “I had fun tonight,” Lois told him.

“Me too.”

They kept looking at each other, not sure of what to do next. Lois then reached her purse and took something out of it. “I think you should take our pictures with you. Chloe and I pretty much share the closet, so she’d easily find it.”

Clark looked at pictures. “I’ll take it with me if you take Krypto with you. You know, my mother might find odd I brought a teddy bear home.”

“Okay.” They traded it. “Uh, I think I should get in.”

Clark nodded reluctantly. “Yeah.”

They took awhile to break their gaze. “Well, good night,” Lois said.

“Night. See you tomorrow,” Clark flashed a megawatt smile at her.

“See you,” she smiled back.

Clark watched as Lois entered the Talon and closed the door. He started to leave, still smiling to himself. He definitely felt he was a lucky man.
    Last edited by jetslay; 12-02-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Aw, Clark and Lois' first date was going to a fair. It was so sweet. Nice touch, Carlos!

Great chapter. I loved the first date between Clark & Lois.

Banned - Plagiarism
    Awww. That was like the sweetest first date in the world, Carlos. First dates between adults who have known each other for years is difficult. It's like you're already on date one thousand whatever and can be awkward because you already know so much and all that's left is the physical. But this was perfect. And Clark giving the teddy bear to the little girl watching? As Caitlin would say, that was goals.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast