No announcement yet.

Fan Favorite Hero Will Not Be Returning for Heroes: Reborn

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Favorite Hero Will Not Be Returning for Heroes: Reborn

Series creator Tim Kring revealed that one fan favorite Heroes character is dead.

“The story was really the thing that dictated who would come back,” he said. “I always saw it as a show that could re-populate itself. I wanted it to be easy for brand new viewers to watch for the first time. Falling in love with new characters is just as important as having the former cast in the new show.”

The dead hero is...

CLAIRE; Hayden Panettiere‘s character Claire died a year before the events that take place in Heroes Reborn.

http://www.justjared.com/2015/08/13/.../#more-1133273

It makes sense.

It doesn't make sense.

Hayden is a new mom and also has a steady engagement on Nashville. To squeeze in any cameos would just be asking too much.

Claire's powers basically make her immortal. Wonder how they're going to explain her demise.

Comment

I think this might not actually be the case.

Comment

Someone asked me the other day how it is that she is dead on the show. I said that i use the Highlander philosophy that she would be immortal unless she got her head removed. Thats my guess.

I also remember when it was the ep in i think season 2 or 3 and there was an ep or couple of eps where an eclipse takes away the Heroes and Villains powers. HRG tracked down Sylar and "killed" him while he didnt have his powers but didnt take his head. Then when the eclipse passed he used the invulnerability he took from Claire and healed.

Basically, if someone can heal thats great but if u take their head, well, theyre dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
          Someone asked me the other day how it is that she is dead on the show. I said that i use the Highlander philosophy that she would be immortal unless she got her head removed. Thats my guess.

I also remember when it was the ep in i think season 2 or 3 and there was an ep or couple of eps where an eclipse takes away the Heroes and Villains powers. HRG tracked down Sylar and "killed" him while he didnt have his powers but didnt take his head. Then when the eclipse passed he used the invulnerability he took from Claire and healed.

Basically, if someone can heal thats great but if u take their head, well, theyre dead.
          I don't know. They never really say for sure how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            I don't know. They never really say for sure how that works.
            well if you recall it being mentioned and demonstrated several times in the original heroes, one that has immortality is not truly immortal. Yes, they can survive explosions, gunshots, swords, etc. Hell, even if they cut off their head, i do not doubt that they would sprout a new body from the head. The only way to kill an immortal, as patricia so elegantly put it after she shot adam in the chest, was to completely blow off his head, not cut it off, but blow off. You need to completely blow up the brain past repair, or if you have a good aim, get the minute spot in the brain that regulates the power, and stick something metal in there so that they cannot heal, and than incinerate them as they did to arthur after sylar put the bullet through his head. As long as the metal piece doesnt burn while the rest of your body is burning, they will remain dead, but if it melts, like the glass did during the primatech fire that was in sylars head, he'll come back. So yeah....in short, yes, u can kill an immortal, but you gotta go through a huge amount of work to do it

there could be another theory tho, which is, that HRG put claire into hiding like he did in that one future timeline where sylar was president and everyone thinks shes dead....but i doubt it this time, since the actress herself is busy with other commitments.

Comment

Yeah but in Torchwood: Children Of Earth i think it was called Captain Jack Harkness blew up and STILL came back so how's that work? His brain id imagine was blown up too and he still came back.

As for Claire coming back im sorry that actress doesnt want to return but they can always come up with an excuse like she was disfigured and healed but due to Sylar taking her powers like he did, it didnt work as well as it should have and therefore she looks different. Something like that.

I always feel the actress or actor not wanting to come back shouldn't always mean the fans should lose out on seeing that character. Plus this is a show based on comic books and all sorts of unusual and spectacular stuff happens in them. Superman has come back from the dead as have Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen and Jason Todd so anything is most definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by tam123
                well if you recall it being mentioned and demonstrated several times in the original heroes, one that has immortality is not truly immortal. Yes, they can survive explosions, gunshots, swords, etc. Hell, even if they cut off their head, i do not doubt that they would sprout a new body from the head. The only way to kill an immortal, as patricia so elegantly put it after she shot adam in the chest, was to completely blow off his head, not cut it off, but blow off. You need to completely blow up the brain past repair, or if you have a good aim, get the minute spot in the brain that regulates the power, and stick something metal in there so that they cannot heal, and than incinerate them as they did to arthur after sylar put the bullet through his head. As long as the metal piece doesnt burn while the rest of your body is burning, they will remain dead, but if it melts, like the glass did during the primatech fire that was in sylars head, he'll come back. So yeah....in short, yes, u can kill an immortal, but you gotta go through a huge amount of work to do it

there could be another theory tho, which is, that HRG put claire into hiding like he did in that one future timeline where sylar was president and everyone thinks shes dead....but i doubt it this time, since the actress herself is busy with other commitments.
                We don't have confirmation that what Patricia said would work. But yes, in season 3 they had sylar stabbed in the back of the head with a piece of glass, and hrg said later in the season that how he survived that was that the fire melted the glass, which from what I've heard, would be enough to burn the body to ashes. Personally I don't view that as what happened, but just as hrg's theory on it. I didn't say that it wasn't impossible though.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎