Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyla Willowbrook Anyone remember her?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably, if Alica didn't want Clark for himself.
    I do feel that if Alica had realized early on that there was other meta-humans in Smallville, and what she and Clark had wasn't an Adam 'n' Eve kind of deal where the only existing Meta-humans in the world gets to breed together to create a new race of humans.... Well, she would had stop being so hung up on Clark. I mean, a lady that smart and pretty should be exploring her opitions, you know? Clark is good-looking and all, but he can be kind of A BDA at times. (Big dumb Alien).
    He honestly doesn't deserve the attention Alica and Kyla give him sometimes. I do like the idea of an Kyla/Alica pairing...heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
      Probably, if Alica didn't want Clark for himself.
      I do feel that if Alica had realized early on that there was other meta-humans in Smallville, and what she and Clark had wasn't an Adam 'n' Eve kind of deal where the only existing Meta-humans in the world gets to breed together to create a new race of humans.... Well, she would had stop being so hung up on Clark. I mean, a lady that smart and pretty should be exploring her opitions, you know? Clark is good-looking and all, but he can be kind of A BDA at times. (Big dumb Alien).
      He honestly doesn't deserve the attention Alica and Kyla give him sometimes. I do like the idea of an Kyla/Alica pairing...heh.
      Oh she could have been exploring other options. Clark can be a BDA at times. Agree with that for sure and on the attention from Kyla or Alicia.

A pairing with Kyla/Alicia would have been fun to see.

One of the episodes of Rosta where Doctor Swan shown up for the first time well it would have been real interesting to see what Kyla would have done or helped Clark in that episode.

In the first two season 3 episodes maybe it could have been Kyla that could have gone to bring Clark back instead of Jonathan.

Comment

Sounds like somebody needs to write a story about Kyla?

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
          Oh she could have been exploring other options. Clark can be a BDA at times. Agree with that for sure and on the attention from Kyla or Alicia.

A pairing with Kyla/Alicia would have been fun to see.

One of the episodes of Rosta where Doctor Swan shown up for the first time well it would have been real interesting to see what Kyla would have done or helped Clark in that episode.

In the first two season 3 episodes maybe it could have been Kyla that could have gone to bring Clark back instead of Jonathan.
          I think that would've kinda taken away from the Father/Son dynamic that the show was going for.

Comment

Sounds like somebody needs to write a story about Kyla?
            Hmm. Well being a fan fiction writer you get me started on something like a what if? I'll probably get up and going on ideas

Originally posted by Dagenspear
            I think that would've kinda taken away from the Father/Son dynamic that the show was going for.
            Yea just maybe.

Comment

yeah. but then on the plus side, Jonthan kent wouldn't have to die of a weak heart. Because Kyla didn't need to be super-powered to bring Clark back to his senses.
              then Clark would had been able to go home to Jonathan, and have a million more father-son moments.

Comment

yeah. but then on the plus side, Jonthan kent wouldn't have to die of a weak heart. Because Kyla didn't need to be super-powered to bring Clark back to his senses.
                then Clark would had been able to go home to Jonathan, and have a million more father-son moments.
                That is a very good plus side. The other day was thinking once again really story line wise that's good come out of Jonathan dying. Can't really think of one and the only thing that came out of it was more melodrama. Plus the whole thing of Clark going back to save Lana is kind of what ruined it for me. I think their 100th episode would have been a lot more powerful Lana really did die and Lex found out for good in that episode. That would have been how you write a game changer.

Comment

Yep. But the writers were so scared of committing to such big changes. Just like how they refused to commit to Lana being on the run and discovering her dark side. I get so annoyed with the writers for that reason.

Comment

Yep. But the writers were so scared of committing to such big changes. Just like how they refused to commit to Lana being on the run and discovering her dark side. I get so annoyed with the writers for that reason.
                    oh yes they are afraid of big changes or changes of any kind really. I guess that's why at times the show seamed to just sit there when the whole point of the show was about change. It seams they got greedy with the money coming in and instead of sticking true to the show, it's characters, the fans ect they just wanted to keep making more money from it. Which don't get me wrong that is the reason for being in a business of some kind is to make money but they seamed to lose track of why the show was created in the first place.

Comment

agreed 100%.

Comment

Don't care how old this thread is, I was a big fan of "Clyla" and was furious when they killed off Kyla after one episode when she had so much potential, even beyond a romance with Clark. It's even more maddening that that telekinetic kid Justin Gaines, who only appeared in one episode as well despite living in the end, is written as a character on fanfiction when Kyla is not. Guess I'll just have to keep writing Clyla fanfiction for personal satisfaction while also looking at Skinwalker when I'm in the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Solan25
                          Don't care how old this thread is, I was a big fan of "Clyla" and was furious when they killed off Kyla after one episode when she had so much potential, even beyond a romance with Clark. It's even more maddening that that telekinetic kid Justin Gaines, who only appeared in one episode as well despite living in the end, is written as a character on fanfiction when Kyla is not. Guess I'll just have to keep writing Clyla fanfiction for personal satisfaction while also looking at Skinwalker when I'm in the mood.
                          i do think it was a missed opportunity to not have her in more than in one episode. I would have been happy at the very least for him to seem affected by her death in the next episode. While Alicia survived until Season 4, and he was almost ready to kill over her death, he suddenly is all enamoured with the attention girls are giving him in "Recruit", the very next episode.

in regards to Kyla they could have played with the idea that she was more in love with the idea of Clark/Naman than who he really was. That would be a nice mirror to him being in love with the idea of Lana rather than who she really was some of the time.

surprised to hear Justin Gaines was in any fanfic. He was a forgettable character aside from him being Adam Brody aka Seth from The OC.

I actually had Kyla appear in an episode of fanfic that I wrote years ago. Well it was actually something else masquerading as her. I was watching a lot of Season 7 Buffy at the time, so that explains that. It is only a brief appearance but the bracelet and the caves are referenced or appear a few times through the course of the fanfic season http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...SPECTRE-(8x05)

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                            Anyhow came across this one episode character who after words dropped into the pit of a black hole to never been heard from again.
                            Not surprising, seeing as she died in her first appearance. Though, she wasn't forgotten about. She was mentioned in "Rush" and "Talisman". She also appears in a flashback of the sixth issue of the season 11 comic book series. And during the trials montage in the season 10 finale.

Been a while since I last saw "Skinwalker", but looking back, I don't think they actually worked. Their connection was over the "Naman" business, which both assumed was about Clark (though, "Kandor" pretty much shows us that it was actually about the Kandorian clones). The basis for their relationship is that Kyla wears a bracelet, that looks like the painting of "the woman Naman is destined to be with" (thus, she MUST be the woman from the prophecy). Just two kids, who doesn't critically think over some old legend.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎