No announcement yet.

Kyla Willowbrook Anyone remember her?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyla Willowbrook Anyone remember her?

I was going through old trailers the other day and came across one for Smallville episode Skinwalker. Anyhow came across this one episode character who after words dropped into the pit of a black hole to never been heard from again. Seriously despite be enjoying the show and will always defended it the continuity really is terrible.

Here's Kyla Willowbrook and a picture to help those remember or just incase anyone has no clue who I'm talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skinwalker_091.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	6628839

Her short bio from the Smallville wika. Kyla was a lovely Native American girl and member of the Kawatche tribe. She was a "skinwalker" with the ability to transform into a wolf. She was heavily opposed to LuthorCorp's intention of building on the Kawatche lands and bonded and developed a romance with Clark Kent, whom she believed to be Naman of the Kawatche prophecies.

I'm kind of disappointed the character never got a chance. What about you guys?

You learn Clark's secret, you die. Very few people have escaped this fate.

Comment

She was hot.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
        You learn Clark's secret, you die. Very few people have escaped this fate.
        Agreed on for sure. Or the other option of having your memory erased frequently.

Originally posted by costas22
        She was hot.
        That she was for sure.

I do have to wonder what might have changed if she stayed around longer. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
          Seriously despite be enjoying the show and will always defended it the continuity really is terrible.
          Agree -- in this case, she had that special bracelet that was supposed to be for Naman (a.k.a. Clark, or the chosen one or whatever...) to give to his true love. After she died her grandfather gave it to Clark; I don't know why they couldn't have shown Clark giving it to Lois in S10!

I do have to wonder what might have changed if she stayed around longer. Any ideas?
          Well, when Lex teased Clark about the fact that he apparently had transferred his affections from Lana to Kyla, Clark said something about the fact that it was different when someone liked you back...plus, Kyla knew his secret so he could be more emotionally intimate with her. So, maybe they could have dated for a while...

But they did have a tiff shortly before her death, plus there was her bad habit of turning into a white wolf and prowling around the countryside, paying visits to make her displeasure known to those who had angered her....If they had dated, I guess we would have seen both Chloe and Lana display signs of jealousy. Then, in a replay (or foreshadowing) of the Alicia story, I'm sure the writers would have made Kyla jealous of Lana, Kyla would have tried to attack Lana, Clark would save Lana (what's new) and I guess maybe somehow Kyla would have to die -- because I don't think it would have worked to ship her off to Belle Reeve...

But I just don't see how Clark could reconcile dating someone who had threatened his mother...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
            Agree -- in this case, she had that special bracelet that was supposed to be for Naman (a.k.a. Clark, or the chosen one or whatever...) to give to his true love. After she died her grandfather gave it to Clark; I don't know why they couldn't have shown Clark giving it to Lois in S10!

Well, when Lex teased Clark about the fact that he apparently had transferred his affections from Lana to Kyla, Clark said something about the fact that it was different when someone liked you back...plus, Kyla knew his secret so he could be more emotionally intimate with her. So, maybe they could have dated for a while...

But they did have a tiff shortly before her death, plus there was her bad habit of turning into a white wolf and prowling around the countryside, paying visits to make her displeasure known to those who had angered her....If they had dated, I guess we would have seen both Chloe and Lana display signs of jealousy. Then, in a replay (or foreshadowing) of the Alicia story, I'm sure the writers would have made Kyla jealous of Lana, Kyla would have tried to attack Lana, Clark would save Lana (what's new) and I guess maybe somehow Kyla would have to die -- because I don't think it would have worked to ship her off to Belle Reeve...

But I just don't see how Clark could reconcile dating someone who had threatened his mother...
            One thing of having Kyla date Clark is like he said actually have that person like you back. I guess it was a break from "child hood crush" problem with Lana and her whole bag of problems in addition to Chloe who liked him but wanted to know every single secret that had had and no problem violating his personal privacy. So I guess it would have been a nice break from the melodrama which we all know the Smallville writers loved.

On Kyla roaming the country side as a wolf and that attacking people I don't like would have been interesting character development if she had possibly lived for awhile longer to see her evolve from that.

Which yea would have eventually had probably Kyla attacking Lana and Clark saving her because what else is new.

The mother thing might be a bit of an issue, good point. I forgot about that. Then again it's been ages since I seen the episode.

By the way nice avatar with Shelby.

Comment

By the way nice avatar with Shelby.
              On behalf of Shelby: thanks!

On Kyla roaming the country side as a wolf and that attacking people I don't like would have been interesting character development if she had possibly lived for awhile longer to see her evolve from that.
              Good point about the chance to see her evolve and develop some maturity and wisdom about the inadvisability of using her skinwalking talent for threatening others. That raises the point that the writers often showed how spending time with Clark had a positive impact on many characters. So, I bet another route the writers could have taken would have been to show that dating Clark helped Kyla learn to restrain herself from attacking others...( in which case they would have to forgo the opportunity to create melodrama by having Kyla attack Lana and Clark save Lana....)

So if they went the route of having Clark make a positive impact on Kyla, wonder how they would have eventually gotten rid of her? (Because of course we know she could not be allowed to have a long-term relationship with Clark!)

The mother thing might be a bit of an issue, good point.
              Well, if they did go the route of showing Clark to have a positive influence, then he probably would have decided to give her a second chance and so maybe would have forgiven the attack on Martha ; he was always good about believing in second chances...But I bet Jonathan wouldn't be so willing to give Kyla a second chance!

I forgot about that. Then again it's been ages since I seen the episode.
              I'd like to claim to have a great memory, but fact is I'm working my way thru SV rewatch and so just saw the ep a few weeks ago -- otherwise my recall would be a lot fuzzier

Comment

Good point about the chance to see her evolve and develop some maturity and wisdom about the inadvisability of using her skinwalking talent for threatening others. That raises the point that the writers often showed how spending time with Clark had a positive impact on many characters. So, I bet another route the writers could have taken would have been to show that dating Clark helped Kyla learn to restrain herself from attacking others...( in which case they would have to forgo the opportunity to create melodrama by having Kyla attack Lana and Clark save Lana....)

Forgoing the melodrama would be very welcome.

So if they went the route of having Clark make a positive impact on Kyla, wonder how they would have eventually gotten rid of her? (Because of course we know she could not be allowed to have a long-term relationship with Clark!)
                No TPTB would not have allowed that to happen I'd say probably less than a whole season.

Well, if they did go the route of showing Clark to have a positive influence, then he probably would have decided to give her a second chance and so maybe would have forgiven the attack on Martha ; he was always good about believing in second chances...But I bet Jonathan wouldn't be so willing to give Kyla a second chance!
                On giving her a second chance that would work on the attack with Martha and Martha herself would have probably forgiven her. Jonathan would not have forgiven her and perhaps would have gone on more than one argument with Clark about how dangerous she is. He really did let his hatred and stubbornness for stuff get the better of him at times. Still I'll take John Schneider's Jonathan Kent over Kevin Costner's version.

When Kevin in the film told Clark he should have let the those kids die to protect his secret I was outraged and I think I shouted "That's not Jonathan Kent. he would never have told his son to do that." It was worse than when Clark snapped Zod's neck.

I'd like to claim to have a great memory, but fact is I'm working my way thru SV rewatch and so just saw the ep a few weeks ago -- otherwise my recall would be a lot fuzzier
                Ah I understand. I've done rewatches various times and I'm like oh really never noticed that before or forgot about it.

Comment

Yeah, it seems like she was just to a means to an end on Clark's journey to becoming Superman. It sucked that she died, but it did get the Kawatche Caves to the show, which became a huge part of the show for a while.

Comment

Getting rid of Kyla without killing her off.... they could had done a love triangle thing. After all, the writers love doing that to death!

There could be another skin walker from her tribe that Kyla found herself developing feelings for, etc. She could feel conflicted over the fact that she not only had feelings for Clark, but also for the other guy.

But ultimately she would get to decide that she loves the other guy more, because:
                    1) She realized that she was more in love with the idea of being the great Naman's bride than she truly was in love with Clark.

2) Both Clark and Kyla found it nice to be able to date somebody who knew their secrets and were totally okay with it. However, the kind of problems they both face is very different than each other, and thus they probably couldn't relate to each other very well.. because some of the problems Clark faces is just as alien to Kyla as her problems are to him.

Example of Kyla's problems: Skinwalkers of legend are said to be able to read human thoughts. So what if Kyla was mildly telepathic and had a hard time controlling that? For some unexplainable reason even a well seasoned skinwalker cannot obtain the perfect animal gait or leave the proportionally correct sized animal tracks.... so in animal form she would attract way too much attention due to her werid sized animal forms.
                    Traditional faith healers can perform ceremonies to protect one from the danger of skin-walkers, or a person going out at night can cover his or her body with corn pollen, cedar ash, or juniper berries. So, what if Kyla's verison of Kryptonite was those three plant types? And considering that Smallville grows corn everywhere, Corn pollen would have to be everywhere during a certain season... that would have to suck, right?
                    or, when somebody used Juniper berries in a muffin or something and Kyla thought it was blueberries until it was too late, etc.

On a slightly more pervy note-- What if Kyla lost control of her powers and started morphing into a wolf or something when she was aroused, etc? I can see how that could kill the mood for Clark to have his girlfriend suddenly morphing into a wolf in bed.

I mean, there's so many ways that Kyla and Clark could separate and never see each other again after the romance between them were dead... without killing her off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                      Getting rid of Kyla without killing her off.... they could had done a love triangle thing. After all, the writers love doing that to death!

There could be another skin walker from her tribe that Kyla found herself developing feelings for, etc. She could feel conflicted over the fact that she not only had feelings for Clark, but also for the other guy.

But ultimately she would get to decide that she loves the other guy more, because:
                      1) She realized that she was more in love with the idea of being the great Naman's bride than she truly was in love with Clark.

2) Both Clark and Kyla found it nice to be able to date somebody who knew their secrets and were totally okay with it. However, the kind of problems they both face is very different than each other, and thus they probably couldn't relate to each other very well.. because some of the problems Clark faces is just as alien to Kyla as her problems are to him.

Example of Kyla's problems: Skinwalkers of legend are said to be able to read human thoughts. So what if Kyla was mildly telepathic and had a hard time controlling that? For some unexplainable reason even a well seasoned skinwalker cannot obtain the perfect animal gait or leave the proportionally correct sized animal tracks.... so in animal form she would attract way too much attention due to her werid sized animal forms.
                      Traditional faith healers can perform ceremonies to protect one from the danger of skin-walkers, or a person going out at night can cover his or her body with corn pollen, cedar ash, or juniper berries. So, what if Kyla's verison of Kryptonite was those three plant types? And considering that Smallville grows corn everywhere, Corn pollen would have to be everywhere during a certain season... that would have to suck, right?
                      or, when somebody used Juniper berries in a muffin or something and Kyla thought it was blueberries until it was too late, etc.

On a slightly more pervy note-- What if Kyla lost control of her powers and started morphing into a wolf or something when she was aroused, etc? I can see how that could kill the mood for Clark to have his girlfriend suddenly morphing into a wolf in bed.

I mean, there's so many ways that Kyla and Clark could separate and never see each other again after the romance between them were dead... without killing her off.
                      There are quite a few ways. Personally I would have preferred like option #2 but with out the added extra guy in their to cause trouble. It just makes it seams to well like every other triangle in the show. Probably having less love triangles would probably have helped.

Comment

I know, the writers overuse love trangles way too much... but I simply suggested that route because it seemed like something they would do.

Comment

I know, the writers overuse love triangles way too much... but I simply suggested that route because it seemed like something they would do.
                          Ah gotcha. Well for the show writers direction you would be correct.

For fun let's look at the episode Insurgence that follows the return of Tina Green I think and I prefer not to think about. Ok say at the end of the Skinwalker episode Kyla didn't die but still did get hurt and the after affect is she is now able to use some of the abilities she has as a wolf . Like the speed, strength ect and can probably transform her fingernails into claws when needed.

I think in that episode (Insurgence) it might have been interesting to see Clark try to help Kyla contain her impulses due to the wolf on rage and violence to go in their and just tear the buglers to shreds while trying to save the hostages.

In the next episode it Suspect where Jonathan was framed for murder by that Sherriff Miller. Having a bit of tension between Pete and Kyla which as of now is mainly on Pete's end of feeling like Clark has a new field partner. It's not doing it for useless drama but actually setting something up to be used in the next episode.

Can't think of much else changing in this episode.

Ok in the next episode Rush where Pete and Chloe get off on the parasite then Pete slips red kryptonite on Clark.

First apparently in this episode Clark was going to go out on one of his several zillion dates with Lana is not going to happen. Keep a decent amount of it the same and Kyla may have certain insight when Clark and Lex are investigating the caves. One thing is Kyla believes Clark could be the Namen but also lets him make his own choices freely and doesn't focus much on the density stuff.

So she actually tries to help Clark and Lex have a friendship with at times does try to get through to Clark's stubbornness to try to convince him it may be better off to tell Lex his secret then hide it from him.

Now you know when Clark and Chloe in the episode make out at the Talon well this time replace it with Kyla. A nice funny moment where she at first tries to figure out what's wrong with him but eventually just gives in and removes his shirt containing the red kryptonite but Clark doesn't really care all that much. Have a small rare moment of their both teenagers with hormones. Then of course Lana walks in and that puts an end to that. (Besides Lex and his parents along with Pete no one knows Clark and Kyla are dating0

Long story short Lana tries to pull the I still have feelings for you card and Clark just tells her to hit the road. End that whole drama mess.

Now at the end of the episode two different things happen when Pete goes to apologize for what he did Clark calls him out on it and it puts a strain on their friendship because Clark's not sure if he can trust Pete after using both kryptonite's on him. Kyla becomes less trusting of Pete as well. If they were going to get rid of Pete which let's face it the guy doesn't do much begin to set up for that to happen.

Comment

I like those ideas. Man, there's so much they could had done with Kyla.... what a waste! I also feel the same way about Alica too now that I think of it.

Alica focused so much on Clark because she felt so alone with her powers, etc... and not to mention her parents kind of abusing her when they tried locking her up in a lead room in the past. So what would happen if Alica and Kyla met, and Alica realized that Clark wasn't the only other person with powers too?

Comment

I like those ideas. Man, there's so much they could had done with Kyla.... what a waste! I also feel the same way about Alica too now that I think of it.

Alica focused so much on Clark because she felt so alone with her powers, etc... and not to mention her parents kind of abusing her when they tried locking her up in a lead room in the past. So what would happen if Alica and Kyla met, and Alica realized that Clark wasn't the only other person with powers too?
                              Oh yes they wasted a lot. Alicia kind of did get the same.

What would have happened between Kyla and Alicia? For sure good friends if not maybe lovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎