No announcement yet.

(Green) Arrow's new season 4 costume

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
    Why would he do that? As much as I dislike the season and how poor the season finale was, they made it kind of clear that he was letting go of the past to be Oliver Queen again. Its sentimental value brings a lot of horrible memories with it, it's better off in storage and using that hood again would just be stupid.
    As long as he goes back to a green suit with a bow and arrow he's never going to let that part of him go. It's an extremely important part of him (the skills he acquired and everything that forged him into who he is now) so trying to say it's not a part of who he is at all is ridiculous.

Comment

Uh......where's the bat ears, bat insignia, and cape? Don't these people read the comics?

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIXZERO
        Why would he do that? As much as I dislike the season and how poor the season finale was, they made it kind of clear that he was letting go of the past to be Oliver Queen again. Its sentimental value brings a lot of horrible memories with it, it's better off in storage and using that hood again would just be stupid.
        I very much doubt a dark, vigilante persona is something which one can just switch off. That's why I absolutety detested the ending of the season 3 with Oliver suddenly coming to realise that saving his city doesn't interest him any more at all.

When they started making the show they made quite clear that he is obssesed with his mission. There is actually a psychological disorder which describes it, overvalued ideas is the correct name I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
          I very much doubt a dark, vigilante persona is something which one can just switch off. That's why I absolutety detested the ending of the season 3 with Oliver suddenly coming to realise that saving his city doesn't interest him any more at all.

When they started making the show they made quite clear that he is obssesed with his mission. There is actually a psychological disorder which describes it, overvalued ideas is the correct name I believe.
          The problem in your thinking is "when they started making the show". Clearly, the show has changed direction and evolved since then. Mostly because CW wised up and started growing their DC franchise into a universe of its own. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as I'm probably the biggest fan of that concept around here, but it's fact.

The same can be said for Oliver's character. Real life people change, grow, and evolve over the years of their life. The same thing is simply happening to him. I think we all got caught off guard as the huge, sudden changes came around because we expected this show to be more "black and white" with the dark tone setting of season 1.

I realize people wanted season 1's tone/setting to last forever, and I'm sorry. Luckily I'm one of those blokes who can enjoy a good DC show weather it changes direction or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            The problem in your thinking is "when they started making the show". Clearly, the show has changed direction and evolved since then. Mostly because CW wised up and started growing their DC franchise into a universe of its own. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, as I'm probably the biggest fan of that concept around here, but it's fact.

The same can be said for Oliver's character. Real life people change, grow, and evolve over the years of their life. The same thing is simply happening to him. I think we all got caught off guard as the huge, sudden changes came around because we expected this show to be more "black and white" with the dark tone setting of season 1.

I realize people wanted season 1's tone/setting to last forever, and I'm sorry. Luckily I'm one of those blokes who can enjoy a good DC show weather it changes direction or not.
            But Arrow isn't really good anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
              I think the new costume is really cool. I think his bare arms r gonna b cold in the winter though!
              I've never gotten the feeling that Starling City has very cold winters. In the comics, I believe that Star City is supposed to be in Southern California, so it's possible the winters are more moderate?

Personally, I like the new costume a lot. It looks like something straight out of the comics and it reminds me a bit of a cross between Smallville's Green Arrow, the New 52 Green Arrow, with some nods to his more iconic look.

Unfortunately, the reveal of the new costume is just about the only spoiler coming out of SDCC that was any interest to me. I really want to give the show another chance next season, but it seems like they're focusing pretty heavily on elements that don't interest me, so we'll see how the first few episodes go.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎