Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that this movie is going to absolutely bomb. Trying to show a young Han Solo never sounded like it had a chance to me given they would need a young actor who's the caliber and Harrison Ford which is a daunting task to find one.
    Even if they did find one I can't see any major story that I'd find exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
      I have a feeling that this movie is going to absolutely bomb. Trying to show a young Han Solo never sounded like it had a chance to me given they would need a young actor who's the caliber and Harrison Ford which is a daunting task to find one.
      Even if they did find one I can't see any major story that I'd find exciting to watch.
      Even a Star Wars bomb will make lots and lots of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        Even a Star Wars bomb will make lots and lots of money.
        Well by bomb I'm talking about how people classify BvS as a bomb, even though it's still made around 800m.

Comment

I'll reserve judgment until images and the trailers come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
            Well by bomb I'm talking about how people classify BvS as a bomb, even though it's still made around 800m.
            K. Yeah.

Comment

From CBR:

After emerging as the front-runner in the casting process two weeks ago, it has now been confirmed that Alden Ehrenreich will star as Han Solo in the upcoming “Star Wars” anthology film, which will follow a younger version of the character made famous by Harrison Ford. The movie will follow Solo’s days before he joined the Rebel Alliance.

Comment

Comment

Heard a rumor the script is "can't miss".

Could easily be a rumor spread by Disney's hype machine, but it's out there.

Comment

Casting is in progress for a young Lando Calrissian and rumor has it that Donald Glover is the front runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Heard a rumor the script is "can't miss".

Could easily be a rumor spread by Disney's hype machine, but it's out there.
                      They said something similar about The Force Awakens, that the script was better than JJ Abrams deserves. Of course it was, George Lucas basically wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                        They said something similar about The Force Awakens, that the script was better than JJ Abrams deserves. Of course it was, George Lucas basically wrote it.
                        Shots fired!

It's true though. TFA should have cut the Starkiller base out completely and just concentrate on the quest for Skywalker. I hope Han Solo doesn't have a bounty on his head running away from a space slug.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                          I don't understand the "better than JJ Abrams deserves" part, but okay.

George Lucas also wrote the prequels and they were horrid.

And while I understand that much of TFA was derivative, it's not like Lucas himself wasn't heavily influenced by the likes of Flash Gordon, John Carter of Mars, The Hidden Fortress, Casablanca, The Dam Busters, etc... when he wrote A New Hope. He's even quoted as saying "Star Wars is built on top of many things that came before. This film is a compilation of all those dreams, using them as a history to create a new dream."

Comment

From CBR:

“Thor: Ragnarok” star Tessa Thompson, “Power Rangers'” Naomi Scott and “X-Men: First Class” alum Zoe Kravitz are in the running for the lead female role in Disney’s as-yet-untitled Han Solo film. According to Variety, the three actresses are in London testing for the project this week.

The casting news follows on the heels of an earlier report that claimed the female lead would be Sana Starros, who debuted in “Star Wars” #6 by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday. In the comics, the character immediately established her prior relationship with Han Solo, proclaiming to be his wife (a fact that ended up being an exaggeration of the truth). However, the report does not provide a name or any other details about the role.

Comment

Deadline has confirmed that after months of speculation and recent rumors, Donald Glover has officially joined the cast of Disney and Lucasfilm’s upcoming Star Wars Han Solo stand-alone spinoff fillm as Lando Calrissian. The news was announced via the official Star Wars Twitter.

Comment

Donald Glover's first interview following the announcement that he's playing Lando on Ellen:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎