Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

CHRISTOPHER MILLER AND PHIL LORD TO HELM HAN SOLO ANTHOLOGY FILM
    THE DUO BEHIND THE LEGO MOVIE WILL DIRECT AN EARLY TALE OF THE SMUGGLER-TURNED-HERO, WITH A SCREENPLAY BY LAWRENCE AND JON KASDAN.

The next adventure in the Anthology series of Star Wars films will be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, whose credits include the critically acclaimed The LEGO Movie and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, as well as 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. Among the most sought-after filmmakers working today, the two have proven a formidable duo on the multiple films they’ve collaborated on and are looking forward to applying their unique creative chemistry to the Star Wars universe.

“This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with. We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us. This is a dream come true for us. And not the kind of dream where you’re late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you’ve loved since before you can remember having dreams at all.”

The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan. The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.

Lawrence Kasdan, the writer and director known for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Chill, and Grand Canyon, is familiar to Star Wars fans for having co-written the screenplays for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens. His son Jon Kasdan wrote and directed The First Time, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and In the Land of Women, as well as writing for the television series Freaks and Geeks and Dawson’s Creek.

Slated for a May 25, 2018 release, the film will be executive produced by Lawrence Kasdan and Jason McGatlin and co-produced by Will Allegra.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-03-2018, 10:05 AM.

Rogue One sounds cool. This...not so much.

This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with.
    Someone explain to me what in the world this is intended to mean.

Comment

Kasdan = Good, but man... it's hard to care about a solo Solo film that likely won't star Harrison Ford.

Someone explain to me what in the world this is intended to mean.
      I think it means that the previous films for which they are responsible were largely "wtf?" type movies. Consider... a movie about legos. Without knowing what they did with it, who really thinks that's a huge money maker? What about a 21 Jump Street reboot film? They've really done a great job of turning strange ideas into big successes.

Whereas a new Star Wars movie, about one of the more universally liked characters the franchise has to offer no less, basically sells itself no matter who makes it.

Comment

“This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with"

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          I think it means that the previous films for which they are responsible were largely "wtf?" type movies. Consider... a movie about legos. Without knowing what they did with it, who really thinks that's a huge money maker? What about a 21 Jump Street reboot film? They've really done a great job of turning strange ideas into big successes.

Whereas a new Star Wars movie, about one of the more universally liked characters the franchise has to offer no less, basically sells itself no matter who makes it.
          Yeah, I guess. But what a bizarre thing to say.

Comment

Sounds like another "before they were cool, before you cared" kinda movies.

Comment

A shortlist of actors has come for the title role. The names on the list are a grab-bag of semi-famous actors in their late 20s and early 30s, including Dave Franco of Neighbors, Miles Teller of Whiplash, Ansel Elgort of The Fault in Our Stars, and Brooklyn’s Emory Cohen. As well as Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman and Blake Jenner.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-11-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

How are Teller and Franco even remotely Harrison-y?

Comment

TBH, none of those candidates strikes me as a young Han Solo.

Comment

It's most likely none of them. Supposedly, the actor would be making a cameo appearance in Rogue One (which still has a month of filming to complete). So their choice will have to be made within a few weeks, if the cameo is true.

Comment

According to a report from The Hollywood Reporter, the search for the actor to play young Han Solo in the Disney/Lucasfilm Star Wars story has been narrowed to 3 actors: Hail Caesar’s! Alden Ehrenreich, Transformers Age of Extinction’s Jack Reynor and The Kingsman’s Taron Egerton.

While Disney refused to comment, sources at both THR and Variety say that there still might be as many as three more names on the list testing for directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

Comment

Late in the afternoon yesterday, Deadline dropped a report that out of the possible actors on the shortlist to play Young Han Solo in the Phillip Lord and Chris Miller Star Wars movie, Hail Caesar’s Alden Ehrenreich is now considered the front runner. Deadline’s report says it was the screen test that led to Ehrenreich being considered the best among the three actors that also included Taron Egerton and Jack Reynor.

Comment

I'm currently not at all interested in this movie.

Comment

Me neither.

Comment

I also have NO desire to pay money to see this.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎