No announcement yet.

HELP! they melted my mind with time travel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! they melted my mind with time travel

Hey guys, here is my take on all that happened in the season finale, and please someone explain to me how can they fix this.
    So Eddie kills himself, which causes RF to never exist, point taken, great idea.

However, if RF never existed, he never travels back in time to kill Barry, and never kills his mother.
    Barry doesn't become obsessed in finding the killer (does he still become a CSI?? could be, so this point is not a problem).

There is no need for future flash to return to the past to try to save himself, why? because based on Eddie killing himself, Eobard Thawn isn't born in the future, which means Eddie doesn't have to kill himself in the new timeline (so basically Eddie killed himself but by doing so, he saved himself ).
    But here is the real killer - Eddie killed himself, so Eobard Thawn doesn't exist, but in doing so, Eobard doesn't exist in the future so he doesn't go back in time, which means Eddie doesn't have to kill himself, which means Eobard DOES exist in the future!!!!

During the time travel, Barry sees future flash which tells him not to interrupt the fighting and save his mother, which means future him remembers him going back in time in order to save his mother, but stops himself from doing so. which means he either saved her before and now changes that timeline by interfering once more!
    Or he is just keeping his timeline intact.

But then again, if future him (which was created a few years after current him becomes flash, because of RF being stuck in the past) knows he is going to change the timeline and save his mother, how do you explain that the future timeline was not changed? (sorry if I am not making sense, I am trying my best to not have my brain melt).

So we conclude that somehow the timeline is still the same (I would love to know how), BUT, if Eobard doesn't go back to the past and gets stuck, and creates the flash earlier then what was intended, that means that S.T.A.R labs is not going to be built, which totally craps the hell out of ARROW as they help Oliver defeat Slade Wilson!!!!!
    So now we need to re-write ARROW as well!

If Eobard Thwan didn't exist in the future and the past, once Eobard Thawn disappears, wouldn't Barry's powers also disappear? and S.T.A.R LABS?

If Eobard Thawn didn't travel back in time and change the course of history, Eddie killing himself would make perfect sense (although he could have just become a priest ... better than killing yourself I think...).
    So please someone explain how the hell they thought this would be a reasonable ending? although they probably did think it over and found a solution but aren't telling us yet....
    Last edited by flashingArrow; 06-08-2015, 07:17 AM.

This is what the black hole is for. To correct the timeline. Legends of Tomorrow operate on THIS timeline. So, there can't be a reboot or anything.

Comment

It could be that this is a problem the show plans to address with the vortex in the season premiere. All of these issues may become totally moot depending on how that resolution plays out.

However, there are theories in time travel that would allow for someone to be erased from history without losing their contribution to history. There's the loop theory I keep talking about on these boards that you may or may not have read. Think of a rope with a lot of loops in it. That's the timeline where multiple futures and pasts can exist simultaneously along the same time strand. RF is erased from this particular future while still having existed and affected a segment/loop of time.

Caveat: I don't know that my explanation/theory is what they're using. I think it works, but I can't know that for sure.
      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 06-08-2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        It could be that this is a problem the show plans to address with the vortex in the season premiere. All of these issues may become totally moot depending on how that resolution plays out.

However, there are theories in time travel that would allow for someone to be erased from history without losing their contribution to history. There's the loop theory I keep talking about on these boards that you may or may not have read. Think of a rope with a lot of loops in it. That's the timeline where multiple futures and pasts can exist simultaneously along the same time strand. RF is erased from this particular future while still having existed and affected a segment/loop of time.

Caveat: I don't know that my explanation/theory is what they're using. I think it works, but I can't know that for sure.
        So basically, the time line where multiple pasts and futures exist can make it out that although Eobard Thawn didn't exist, he actually did and therefore effected the timeline where he didn't exist?
        Wouldn't that mean Barry's mother should be alive which should effect his current timeline?

it's crude but I'll go with that as messing with time will have crazy repercussions to it.

Comment

Originally posted by flashingArrow
          So basically, the time line where multiple pasts and futures exist can make it out that although Eobard Thawn didn't exist, he actually did and therefore effected the timeline where he didn't exist?
          Wouldn't that mean Barry's mother should be alive which should effect his current timeline?

it's crude but I'll go with that as messing with time will have crazy repercussions to it.
          It would mean that Eobard Thawne did exist, but in a different loop. I think Nora would have to be alive in the latest loop, yes.

Comment

This is what I'm confused about. When Eoboard Thawn (aka Doctor Wells) tells Barry that he wants to kill him as a child so that he can prevent him from becoming the flash but since his ability to move fast enough to open up the wormhole to travel back to his own time is gone he needs Barry to become the flash so that the wormhole can open up once again so that he can travel back to his own time . So Eoboard Thawn sabotages Wells car so that he can become Wells. He then creates Star labs so that he can create the particle accelerator so that he can make Barry the flash once more but here's where it doesn't make any sense . If Barry becomes the flash while his mother was alive in the other timeline would killing his mother not make Barry the flash anymore and how did Barry become the flash before any timeline was disrupted and there was no angry Eoboard Thawn (aka Dr. Wells) to create the particle accelerator and forcfully make barry the flash? And how did Eoboard Thawn become a speedster in the first place. Also just like flashing arrow said, if Thawn didnt exist anymore because Eddie killed himself he wouldn't have existed to go back in time, kill Barrys mother and screw up his life which once again uproots the question on how Barry became a speedster in the first place. Questions comments extremely appreciated. I made an account just to talk about this.

Comment

In the comics Barry became the flash simply by lightening hitting him along with the chemicals. No particle accelerator needed.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎