Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the Darkness seems oddly friendly :P (and hot)

they have to use this song this season they just have to

anyway isn't it impossible that it (she?) was locked away in Hell because Hell didn't even exist until Lucifer's rebellion and it was imprisoned waaaaaay before that?
    Last edited by taftvalue; 10-07-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Darkness/ usual rant (Spoilers if not watched episode 1 of current season)

Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    anyway isn't it impossible that it (she?) was locked away in Hell because Hell didn't even exist until Lucifer's rebellion and it was imprisoned waaaaaay before that?
    I would imagine so. My guess would be that the Darkness has been around since God. It just seems to have always existed. God decided to start creating (angels and had a plan for Earth, humans, etc.) and had to lock it away in some different dimension before it destroyed everything that he started creating. Hell was definitely created for the Lucifer specifically... I think. But you know how Supernatural is... It could be a unaccessible dimension similar to purgatory except no entrance/exit besides the mark. I bet they end up using something similar to what they originally said about Death. Being same age as God, around same strength. Of course all that was screwed up when they killed him off. These inconsistencies are gonna drive me insane this season (as they always have since season 5 and somewhat before) but hopefully it not be so off-focus like last season. I just hope they are able to tie everything up nicely for the series finale and not die a low ratings death due to lack of interest or more unnecessary prolonged renewals. I love this show and have invested other of time in it (since the beginning) but the decline has come and gone a few seasons ago. I hope this season is better than the last. I always have hope at the beginning of every season since 5 but am always disappointed in how they take it in a little bit different direction than what would make it great. These changes make for an unexpected direction and sometimes they work, sometimes they fail... and hard! So far we've seen the repeated formula for this season. Leviathan looking zombies without powers, no real destruction all over the world (I get they don't have The Walking Dead's budget but news reports or cheap cgi would help), and Sam is infected. I get that stuff repeats after so many seasons somewhat but to repeat the same old, tired pattern is well... Tiring! I hope they just do a two season arc with the Darkness and end it already. My ocd won't let me stop watching lol even if I make fun or b!tch at the show the entire time watching it. Just saying the start isn't looking that great but hopefully I'm wrong and it ends up being more enjoyable. The good thing so far is that the darkness in human form seems somewhat interesting (totally new ground without any real biblical references except maybe a couple of verses) and the baby with the creepy mark. Hmmm.... We'll have to see

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by sino8r View Post
    I would imagine so. My guess would be that the Darkness has been around since God. It just seems to have always existed. God decided to start creating (angels and had a plan for Earth, humans, etc.) and had to lock it away in some different dimension before it destroyed everything that he started creating. Hell was definitely created for the Lucifer specifically... I think. But you know how Supernatural is... It could be a unaccessible dimension similar to purgatory except no entrance/exit besides the mark. I bet they end up using something similar to what they originally said about Death. Being same age as God, around same strength. Of course all that was screwed up when they killed him off. These inconsistencies are gonna drive me insane this season (as they always have since season 5 and somewhat before) but hopefully it not be so off-focus like last season. I just hope they are able to tie everything up nicely for the series finale and not die a low ratings death due to lack of interest or more unnecessary prolonged renewals. I love this show and have invested other of time in it (since the beginning) but the decline has come and gone a few seasons ago. I hope this season is better than the last. I always have hope at the beginning of every season since 5 but am always disappointed in how they take it in a little bit different direction than what would make it great. These changes make for an unexpected direction and sometimes they work, sometimes they fail... and hard! So far we've seen the repeated formula for this season. Leviathan looking zombies without powers, no real destruction all over the world (I get they don't have The Walking Dead's budget but news reports or cheap cgi would help), and Sam is infected. I get that stuff repeats after so many seasons somewhat but to repeat the same old, tired pattern is well... Tiring! I hope they just do a two season arc with the Darkness and end it already. My ocd won't let me stop watching lol even if I make fun or b!tch at the show the entire time watching it. Just saying the start isn't looking that great but hopefully I'm wrong and it ends up being more enjoyable. The good thing so far is that the darkness in human form seems somewhat interesting (totally new ground without any real biblical references except maybe a couple of verses) and the baby with the creepy mark. Hmmm.... We'll have to see
    First, holy block of text Batman. Talk about harder to read.

Second, Death may not in fact be "dead" as we know it. Since the scythe that was used to kill him was different from the one we saw Dean give him in season 5, there's still a chance. That may have simply been the death of Death's "meet suite" and he has to find another vessel.

Third, it's no secret I agree with your feelings of "ending" this series and wrapping up stories. If they MUST devote two season to the darkness like they do every other arc, then let this be in fact the last arc. If I catch wind of them trying to yet milking this series further after the darkness, then I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    First, holy block of text Batman. Talk about harder to read.

Second, Death may not in fact be "dead" as we know it. Since the scythe that was used to kill him was different from the one we saw Dean give him in season 5, there's still a chance. That may have simply been the death of Death's "meet suite" and he has to find another vessel.

Third, it's no secret I agree with your feelings of "ending" this series and wrapping up stories. If they MUST devote two season to the darkness like they do every other arc, then let this be in fact the last arc. If I catch wind of them trying to yet milking this series further after the darkness, then I'm done.
    LOL! That was really long! Work nights on computer servers and was a bit sleep deprived. Anyways...

I hope you're right about Death! Would make more sense if he was like screw this... Dean is hopeless and just bailed on helping him out once again. And yeah, I really hope they make the show end properly and not drag it out. The sad thing is I'll probably still watch it even if they milk it, begrudgingly. D@mn my sense of silly loyalty And probably partial curiosity!

Quote Originally Posted by sino8r View Post
    I was re-watching Season 10 on Netflix and paying special attention to what Death was saying about The Darkness:

Death tells Dean that before God and his Arch Angels, there was The Darkness. Then when God himself came into creation and created the world, with the help of his Arch Angels fights back The Darkness in a huge war. In order to lock away The Darkness he created the mark to use as a lock and key. God then entrusted the mark to Lucifer. However, the mark started to manifest itself as the first curse and that's what caused Lucifer to become jealous of humankind and then made the deal with Cain who then passed the mark to Dean.

With regards to why and how The Darkness doesn't know about Death, it actually makes sense; the reason being is when humans were first created, Adam and Eve lived in paradise, without pain, without Death or anything evil. So Death probably wasn't even in our Galaxy at that time or at least not in our Solar System. Therefore, The Darkness was defeated before Death ever came into play for humans.

In terms of Death being dead and how people can still die: Just because Death is "dead" doesn't mean that all the reapers would cease to exist. So of course people can still die. I'm thinking that Death isn't dead, just the vessel he was appearing as is dead, just like when Balthazar uses that weapon and destroys Raphael's vessel.

As for the LeviZombies as some of you coined them, I'm not really surprised that they have been portrayed in this way. It makes sense that when a huge force like this is released, there would be some effect to the people in the blast radius, but clearly since The Darkness has taken the form of a baby, or so it seems, The Darkness will start to manifest itself in different ways.

Honestly, I'm intrigued with this story and I'm excited to see where it goes and yes she's a hottie =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12