Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Whiz

Where exactly did the Darkness come from?

Does anyone else think it was possible that the Darkness was stored in somewhere in hell? I doubt it was stored in Lucifer's cage but there has to be some realm of hell that even Crowley wasn't privy to where this entity was stored. As I understand it it is what corrupted Lucifer but may even powers him, it's what enabled him to create and entire species (IE DEMONS) and just wow.

I am actually pretty excited to see just where they go with this because if they need the arch angels and God to fight this thing back and we also have Metatron and Rowena in the wind there is so much potential.

I just hope they don't make The Darkness actual monsters like they did with the Leviathan. If it is ONE person say like a Dick Roman type that would be cool. It would be awesome if it had some kind of abstractness to it. But that would be a tough enemy to write. We'll see what happens. But I am more excited for the next season 11 than I was for season 10 but less excited than I was for season 9 after the fall of the angels. Such a strange feeling.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Does anyone else think it was possible that the Darkness was stored in somewhere in hell?
    After God and the Angels defeated it, you mean? Cause Death said the Darkness was first, then God and the angels happened and they fought against it (meaning it must have been pretty much everywhere, IMO). Then they defeated it and God turned it into the Mark and put it into/on Lucifer (which begs the question--why isn't it called the "Mark of Lucifer" if he had it first?). That it turned Lucifer evil and that he traded it/gave it away to Cain.

the darkness was probably always just there.. then God and the angels happened as Welling said and they were basically the usurpers..

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    After God and the Angels defeated it, you mean? Cause Death said the Darkness was first, then God and the angels happened and they fought against it (meaning it must have been pretty much everywhere, IMO). Then they defeated it and God turned it into the Mark and put it into/on Lucifer (which begs the question--why isn't it called the "Mark of Lucifer" if he had it first?). That it turned Lucifer evil and that he traded it/gave it away to Cain.
    Actually my understanding was that the Mark itself wasn't the darkness. I think the Mark was more like yet another seal. Like the 66 seals that held Lucifer's cage locked shut.

And since the Winchesters broke that seal thanks to Crowley's Mother, the darkness was released.

I have a sinking feeling that God Earth created Earth as an actual prison for the darkness and the darkness may actually be the root cause of all the evils humanity experiences...I think that in this show, evil won't turn out to be part of our "free will" as we were lead to believe.

Maybe god created humanity to somehow contain/channel/fight darkness for all we know.

The show writers have so many option to take this time around. My question is, is this actually part of bible myth/lore or did the writers actually make this one up for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Actually my understanding was that the Mark itself wasn't the darkness.
    Yep, you're right (I was wrong). Here's the actual quote from Death/the episode about the Darkness and the Mark--
    Before there was light, before there was God and the archangels there wasn't nothing, there was the Darkness. A horribly destructive amoral force that was beaten back by God and his archangels in a terrible war. God locked the Darkness away where it could do no harm, and he created a Mark that would serve as both lock and key, which he entrusted to his most valued lieutenant -- Lucifer. But the Mark began to assert its own will, revealed itself as a curse and began to corrupt. Lucifer became jealous of man, God banished Lucifer to Hell, Lucifer passed the Mark to Cain, who passed the Mark to you -- the proverbial finger in the dyke.

Thanks for the quote....

To me, this means that in order for the Darkness to be defeated again, the Mark (which I believe doesn't exist anymore) needs to be recreated and put back onto another person/angel/demon again. The only entities powerful enough to do that is God and the Archangels again. Lucifer and Michael need to be released, Gabriel needs to find his way back (I'm sure he's in hiding, not dead) and I'm thinking perhaps Cas will be promoted to Archangel....Raphael could be brought back by God I guess like he did Cas. This would also restore the balance of power between Heaven and Hell.....and I doubt Death is truly dead. He's probably bound somehow or the sythe sent him to the cornfield much like the sigil for angels.

Where exactly did the Darkness come from?
    [x] From Smallville.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    Thanks for the quote....

To me, this means that in order for the Darkness to be defeated again, the Mark (which I believe doesn't exist anymore) needs to be recreated and put back onto another person/angel/demon again. The only entities powerful enough to do that is God and the Archangels again. Lucifer and Michael need to be released, Gabriel needs to find his way back (I'm sure he's in hiding, not dead) and I'm thinking perhaps Cas will be promoted to Archangel....Raphael could be brought back by God I guess like he did Cas. This would also restore the balance of power between Heaven and Hell.....and I doubt Death is truly dead. He's probably bound somehow or the sythe sent him to the cornfield much like the sigil for angels.
    I am hoping he isn't dead either but in "Two Minutes to Midnight" Crowley said it was rumored his scythe could actually kill him. But obviously that scythe was different than the scythe in this last episode. So there is room to wiggle. They have definitely haphazardly killed characters before though.

I think also like I said in another thread it's go time for God to come back and I am calling it now. There have been heavy rumors of his return so I think John Winchester will make his return via God resurrecting him and truly reunite the boys and make them quit all of their goddamn bickering. And GOD will release Lucifer and Michael and have a come to well I'd say Jesus but we know that doesn't fly on this show unless it's in passing moment and they will all have to take it to the darkness.

Forum Whiz
    I am hoping he isn't dead either but in "Two Minutes to Midnight" Crowley said it was rumored his scythe could actually kill him. But obviously that scythe was different than the scythe in this last episode. So there is room to wiggle. They have definitely haphazardly killed characters before though.

I think also like I said in another thread it's go time for God to come back and I am calling it now. There have been heavy rumors of his return so I think John Winchester will make his return via God resurrecting him and truly reunite the boys and make them quit all of their goddamn bickering. And GOD will release Lucifer and Michael and have a come to well I'd say Jesus but we know that doesn't fly on this show unless it's in passing moment and they will all have to take it to the darkness.
    Wouldn't it be messes up if "god" was hiding amongst the main cast of characters all along?

What if Cas was actually God in disguise?

They already did the Cas is God idea in Swan Song. Chuck being God makes the most sense given the past 10 years. Chuck appearing at the end of the 200th episode I believe reinforces this. If he was just a prophet, Kevin wouldn't have existed.

Can't wait for Comic Con and hopefully get some good spoilers.....

Forum Whiz
    They already did the Cas is God idea in Swan Song. Chuck being God makes the most sense given the past 10 years. Chuck appearing at the end of the 200th episode I believe reinforces this. If he was just a prophet, Kevin wouldn't have existed.

Yeah but honestly, what better way to hide from the people who want to find you most than to hide right in front of their faces?

Plus it would explain why Cas kept dying and resurrecting for a while there.

Also think about Sam and Dean. From what I've seen the show is trying its darnist to make them seem like they "represent the best of humanity". And since God apparently went into hiding, presumably in shame after his failure with Adam and Eve (That's how I understand the show's reasoning anyways), what better way to attempt to restore his hope in humanity? By keeping himself close to the best his creations have to offer.

Long shot, I know. But honestly, I don't keep too much stock in Chuck. I think his reappearance was just what the internet calls "fan wank."

Forum Whiz

Yeah, and hopefully people don't ask all the dumb questions like they usually do. I don't care for "what Jensen or Jared's favorite colors are" kind of questions. ASK WHAT MATTERS.

Thanks for the quote.
    You're welcome.

To me, this means that in order for the Darkness to be defeated again, the Mark (which I believe doesn't exist anymore) needs to be recreated and put back onto another person/angel/demon again. The only entities powerful enough to do that is God and the Archangels again.
    I agree. A new lock will have to be created to re-seal the Darkness again, which would mean someone would have to take the Mark (once it was recreated) on once more. And it would take the big guns (as it were) of the universe to do that.

and I doubt Death is truly dead.
    Yeah, this is my thinking too. Or even if he is, I'm sure there's a way to bring him back. After all, this is Supernatural we're talking about! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantLord View Post
    Long shot, I know. But honestly, I don't keep too much stock in Chuck. I think his reappearance was just what the internet calls "fan wank."
    I never did either honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    You're welcome.

I agree. A new lock will have to be created to re-seal the Darkness again, which would mean someone would have to take the Mark (once it was recreated) on once more. And it would take the big guns (as it were) of the universe to do that.

Yeah, this is my thinking too. Or even if he is, I'm sure there's a way to bring him back. After all, this is Supernatural we're talking about! LOL
    I think he's dead. Doesn't mean he has to stay that way.

Forum Whiz
    I have to back up my idea that it could have been locked in the cage itself after what happened on tonights episode with Michael and Lucifer screaming out. It's gonna be a doozey of a season. I am totally on board as of right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast