No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Brother's Keeper?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Brother's Keeper?"

We start out with the traditional--or in this case, not quite as traditional--usage of "Carry on Wayward Son". Starting with the 200th episode version...I guess it was a nice callback but I'm glad they switched over to the Kansas version.

Sam's computer and the emails. Anyone else notice, besides Charlie's, there was spam and one from something called "Mythology Weekly"? Cute.

Dean face down in the carpet. Oh, you know he's in a bad way. And getting super snarky with the sheriff. Then Rudy appears (nice to see another hunter) but Dean is really rude and a huge jerk to him (so we can chalk up the rudeness from the previous episode to the Mark? Strange. The Mark didn't make Cain rude, did it?).

Rowena wants her freedom and the Codex. Seems fair.

Dean with the parents. That was cold, Dean! Pulling the gun and all. The brother, what a jerk too!

So the ingredients for the spell are forbidden fruit, the golden calf and something/someone the spellcaster loves (has to be sacrificed?). Not too bad. I did like how they suggested Crowley but that whole out of nowhere reveal about Oscar (and later the immortal thing) just seemed to be a very convenient plot device.

Dean taunting the vamp, Rudy gets ganked. It was nice to see Dean realize how far off the map he'd gone. His rampage after seeing the images in the mirror was scary! Nice work from Jensen.

Cas and Crowley meeting up. Is it me or did Crowley agree a little too easily to the deal?

Sam looking for Dean. And Dean leaving Sam the keys to the Impala.

Dean summons Death, wants him to kill him.

Okay, here's something that bothered me. So Genesis is a lie? They are rewriting the Bible? Not sure that is a good idea. The idea of there being something before God is a twist I didn't see coming. And if this Darkness (and it seems to be getting the capital "D" on the show) is so strong then how come no one ever heard of it before? Not even Metatron?

Also the idea that this is what corrupted/turned Lucifer? Did they just write an excuse for him, basically? He's not a fallen angel but one who was shoved by carrying this Mark? I'm not sure I like that twist.

Getting the Mark off means giving it to someone else and Dean won't have that.

"Brother, I'm done." but he still calls Sam to him. Apparently with intent to kill Sam? We'll get into that shortly. First, Dean has to be removed from the world? And Death can do that? Um, okay.

Now, back to killing Sam. I find this (and that whole "we're evil and we have to stop this" stuff) a bit hypocritical of Dean. This was the guy who not only had an angel possess his brother to save him but also was pissed Sam didn't try anything and everything to find Dean when he was in Purgatory. I mean, I know things have changed since Dean went demon but not that much. It just felt OOC to me. Especially him saying he was wrong in the Season 8 finale. I never thought I'd ever hear Dean say such a thing. I didn't like it.

Sam vs. Dean part 10 billion. So tired of that. I know they've been hinting at it for a long time (the whole Cain vs. Able thing) but neither of them is going to kill the other so why bother going there?

"You will never hear me say that you--the real you--are anything but good." I got misty there. Oh Sam!

Wait, Sam suddenly agrees? And Dean is going to reap him? I would have been concerned but I knew no way would Dean do it. I figured Rowena would finish her spell before hand or something would intervene (Castiel or Metatron or something). Instead, Dean scythes Death. So is Death...dead? Is Dean the new Death? And did those pics of family convince Dean not to kill Sam? Rather than flesh and blood Sam in front of him? I dunno, just seemed weak to me.

Rowena works the spell (I kind of didn't care that she killed Oscar seeing as how we'd just met him 10 minutes ago!) and Dena is cured. Where the Mark go? Just evaporate?

The lightning strikes, the ground shaking, all that made it seem like a very big bad was coming. Then it's just...demon smoke? Rather underwhelming. Also, the Impala getting stuck? Really? And Sam and Dean just sit like frightened rabbits. No touch (they often do when faced with big evil--like Lucifer), no nothing?

I don't know. I'm not sure how to feel about this one but I found it rather disappointing. Almost a reverse of the excellent Season 8 finale "Sacrifice" (which I think is not only the best episode of Season 8 but one of the top 10 best episodes of Supernatural). They flipped it, it seemed. Dean to sacrifice himself, changing his mind at the last minute (due to familial feelings), the danger came from below instead of above, leaving us with a "what happens next" type thing. Just felt rather like a retread.

On the plus side, the Darkness could be an interesting 'villain' next season. I also hope that Dean apologizes to Sam for what he said about wishing it was him, not Charlie, up there in the last episode.
    10--As good as snacks for Death!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--The Darkness is everywhere
    0%

Have you heard about the Great Evil Beast ( in DC comics)? I think the darkness refers to something similar. The Great Evil Beast is the opposite side of God. Before the Creation, God battled with it, and God won. In the beginning of the Old Testament, it says: “And God said, let there be light: and there was light.” There was a battle, but it wasn't recorded.
    Anyway, it is the same level with God, and should be pretty badass.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432467983.753035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	6628534Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432467996.606766.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6628535Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432468011.212172.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	6628536Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432468020.518324.jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	6628537

Comment

It actually makes perfect sense man. I am DC historian and I forgot totally about The Great Evil Beast. Since this is a WB property someone on staff might have given them the dea. Well done.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎