No announcement yet.

Time Measurement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Measurement

After the wormhole has been created, Barry actually spends 3 mins 11 secs in the past, he spent 1 min 50 of that just talking to/hugging his mom (and no, events relative to him weren't taking place slower because he was talking at normal speed, as was Nora)..

But in measured time back in Star Labs, it was a little over 50 secs.

Pfft.

your right. **** show

Comment

Originally posted by speople
      After the wormhole has been created, Barry actually spends 3 mins 11 secs in the past, he spent 1 min 50 of that just talking to/hugging his mom (and no, events relative to him weren't taking place slower because he was talking at normal speed, as was Nora)..

But in measured time back in Star Labs, it was a little over 50 secs.

Pfft.
      This is fun to do. Dramatic movie countdowns do this a lot, too. For example, a bomb will explode in 60 seconds... but they spend 2 minutes of actual screen time diffusing it. Or the other way around... it will explode in 60 seconds and they take 30 seconds to diffuse it, with 1 second left on the timer.

Editing, man. It can be a real *****.

Comment

Noticed it too. Why didn't they just increase the time Barry had? Say he has 3 minutes and 20 seconds until the wormhole becomes unstable instead of 1 minute 52?

Comment

Good, cause during that super emotional scene with his mom all I could think was "Clock's ticking man, hurry up!"

Now I know why

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Noticed it too. Why didn't they just increase the time Barry had? Say he has 3 minutes and 20 seconds until the wormhole becomes unstable instead of 1 minute 52?
            My thought exactly, do your editing, start your watch, look how long the scene ends up being, re-do your voice over/counter to the "correct" limit. It's not exactly hard.

Comment

Originally posted by speople
              My thought exactly, do your editing, start your watch, look how long the scene ends up being, re-do your voice over/counter to the "correct" limit. It's not exactly hard.
              It actually is hard.

Comment

Well, not only that, but as I noted on Facebook, imagine what all of the non-super-powered people were able to do during the 1 minute and 52 seconds. I did not see the Time Sphere standing by in the accelerator track. Joe and Cisco managed to get from the Cortex to Eobard's cell and have their little exchange with the Reverse Flash before Flash returned -- all in 40 seconds.

If they needed to be ready to shut down the wormhole at a second's notice and couldn't do it from the Cortex, why weren't Caitlin and Ronnie standing by where they needed to be? A quick throw away line from Stein about the console not working would have answered that, I suppose.

These were just a few of the many Alfred Hitchcock "refrigerator questions" I had after watching this episode. But I do not care. They do not diminish my enjoyment of this episode or this series one bit...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎