Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer For Legends of Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new trailer looks good. I liked that Superman and Batman reference. So they exist in this universe. Or rather existed. D:

Trying to not get too hyped up as after what those people did with "Arrow" and into what they had turned it into I just don't trust them. But shorter season is certainly a good sign. I'm looking forward to see how the dynamics between the characters is going to play out. I liked Justice League animated show, and it seems that "Legends" is the closest thing we will ever get on the small screen.

Comment

Sara would be the most defined character going in, having the benefit of being a main Arrow character previously, followed by Ray who has already been introduced through the back door on Arrow. Those two could hit the ground running when LOT begins.

To a lesser extent, Captain Cold and Heatwave aren't new either but they'd still need some additional character development in LOT.

Firestorm 2.0 and Hawkgirl have sort-of been introduced, though it's a bit late-inning at this point and we won't see Hawkman till the crossovers. These will need the most work in fleshing out their characters when LOT begins. If we are lucky, we get the closest to a JL on TV that we could hope for. If not, we get a version of SV Clark's "justice league" with armies of easter eggs clamouring for attention amid the inconsistent writing.

I'm also not taking too much stock in all the social media buzz. They should be careful about fanning expectations on this front. And with the CW DNA it inevitably inherits from Arrow, Flash etc., I'm not totally buying into the hype until I"ve seen at least a few episodes of LOT. The crossovers should give us a better sense about whether it's doing something completely different and imaginative ... or merely skating around the edges of what Arrow and Flash have done.

DC easter eggs are cool, but it'll be how they keep the characters and plots interesting that will make it good or not.
      Last edited by President_Luthor; 11-27-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Rewatching the trailer and watching the new one, I find myself wondering if this show will be a soft reboot of the Arrowverse (caused by their time traveling adventures).

Comment

Comment

Comment

While I enjoyed the Superman and Batman references, I have to say I'm disappointed in them doing so, for the simple reason that we will never get to see or hear of those two and their own heroics due to Warner Bros/DC being stodgy about having more than one version of a character in play (amusing they didn't feel the need to be iffy about that during Smallville and Superman Returns era). If they were to try and say, "Oh, they've been active for years now," it would screw up their on-screen canon beyond anything the casual viewer would willingly believe. They've made it very clear in Arrow that all the current crop of heroes started with a certain emerald archer. Quentin Lance may be a stodgy irritable man but he doesn't lay blame where it doesn't belong most of the time, even with Oliver. He believed, with the information he had, that his actions were the correct course. We've seen as early as 1x03 that he won't blame the Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow for something he didn't do. So when he says in 3x23 that "it all started with him!" he clearly believes that. This would not be the case if the world was aware of Batman and Superman. Bats, I can almost believe to have 'flown under the radar', if you'll pardon the terrible pun, but Superman? Nuh-uh. Not buying him being active and not being tagged as the 'reason for all these costumed wack-jobs'. Which is why when I heard of the potential crossover for Supergirl, I said the only way I could see that happening is with the multi-verse via Flash. Otherwise, they screw up their canon beyond what the casual viewer will be okay with.

For the sake of head-canon, I've decided that because of the year being mentioned in the trailer (21something), Batman and Superman became active after Oliver Queen retired/vanished. This would allow them to still be active with a Green Arrow, just not the original.

Comment

But, it doesn't screw up canon. Lance said IN THIS CITY, not anywhere in the world, Oliver was first

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                  But, it doesn't screw up canon. Lance said IN THIS CITY, not anywhere in the world, Oliver was first
                  Actually, he didn't rant about just Starling. He also mentioned the 'freak in Central City'. That was the moment they could have, and should have, slipped in references to 'a guy flyin' around Metropolis and some nut dressed as a bat in Gotham'.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                    While I enjoyed the Superman and Batman references, I have to say I'm disappointed in them doing so, for the simple reason that we will never get to see or hear of those two and their own heroics due to Warner Bros/DC being stodgy about having more than one version of a character in play (amusing they didn't feel the need to be iffy about that during Smallville and Superman Returns era). If they were to try and say, "Oh, they've been active for years now," it would screw up their on-screen canon beyond anything the casual viewer would willingly believe. They've made it very clear in Arrow that all the current crop of heroes started with a certain emerald archer. Quentin Lance may be a stodgy irritable man but he doesn't lay blame where it doesn't belong most of the time, even with Oliver. He believed, with the information he had, that his actions were the correct course. We've seen as early as 1x03 that he won't blame the Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow for something he didn't do. So when he says in 3x23 that "it all started with him!" he clearly believes that. This would not be the case if the world was aware of Batman and Superman. Bats, I can almost believe to have 'flown under the radar', if you'll pardon the terrible pun, but Superman? Nuh-uh. Not buying him being active and not being tagged as the 'reason for all these costumed wack-jobs'. Which is why when I heard of the potential crossover for Supergirl, I said the only way I could see that happening is with the multi-verse via Flash. Otherwise, they screw up their canon beyond what the casual viewer will be okay with.

For the sake of head-canon, I've decided that because of the year being mentioned in the trailer (21something), Batman and Superman became active after Oliver Queen retired/vanished. This would allow them to still be active with a Green Arrow, just not the original.
                    I agree with this. Especially on the part of if they can't actually use the characters then don't even hint at them, period. Also yes funny Smallville never had this problem all though i guess one thing to remember is age of both Marvel and DC heroes were not like this back then.

The way they've always portrayed Arrow has always been Oliver Queen was the first then followed by Barry, Ray, etc. Which yes I'm aware Ted Grant was the first one to put on a mask but his very brief run I could tell was more of a less than urban legend.

For like you said with Batman if they did it and they said oh he's been operating in the shadows like Ted Grant ok I'll suspend my disbelief and go with it. Since I'm thinking of it I'm going to do a break down of all the batman stuff we know of.

First in 10X4 Oliver referenced Buldhaven and it's shown up over time through out the series. Bludhaven in the comics is one of the homes to Nightwing but considering no mention of a vigilante active in Bludhaven I would have to go with Grayson isn't active yet.

Now in the first Suicide Squad episode in season 2 there was a woman with blonde pig tails in a prison cell which people have said oh that's Harley Quinn. Despite her just being listed in the credits as "deranged squad member" if i remember correctly it was very clear that the TBTOB intended her as Harley Quinn and later in an interview said they had plans to bring her in. Harely's origin story would require some tweaks but she could have been brought in without The Joker element to her origin.

In Flash 10X1 in the newspaper down at the bottom it read Wayne Tech and Queen Industries merger it is like ok Wayne Enterprises does exit in this universe. Now the newspaper date says 2024.

In Flash 20X2 Joe makes a call to Blackgate and his contact is Jim which Blackgate in the comics is a very important place Batman sends the normal thugs, gangs, etc.

So based on that information could/does Batman possibly exist in the universe of being around Oliver is operating or not with actually starting later long after Oliver has vanished both are very real possibilities.

Now for any chance of Superman being active during the time of Oliver/Barry um 100% zero. Basically because a guy flying around like Superman would be noticed world wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                      I agree with this. Especially on the part of if they can't actually use the characters then don't even hint at them, period. Also yes funny Smallville never had this problem all though i guess one thing to remember is age of both Marvel and DC heroes were not like this back then.

The way they've always portrayed Arrow has always been Oliver Queen was the first then followed by Barry, Ray, etc. Which yes I'm aware Ted Grant was the first one to put on a mask but his very brief run I could tell was more of a less than urban legend.

For like you said with Batman if they did it and they said oh he's been operating in the shadows like Ted Grant ok I'll suspend my disbelief and go with it. Since I'm thinking of it I'm going to do a break down of all the batman stuff we know of.

First in 10X4 Oliver referenced Buldhaven and it's shown up over time through out the series. Bludhaven in the comics is one of the homes to Nightwing but considering no mention of a vigilante active in Bludhaven I would have to go with Grayson isn't active yet.

Now in the first Suicide Squad episode in season 2 there was a woman with blonde pig tails in a prison cell which people have said oh that's Harley Quinn. Despite her just being listed in the credits as "deranged squad member" if i remember correctly it was very clear that the TBTOB intended her as Harley Quinn and later in an interview said they had plans to bring her in. Harely's origin story would require some tweaks but she could have been brought in without The Joker element to her origin.

In Flash 10X1 in the newspaper down at the bottom it read Wayne Tech and Queen Industries merger it is like ok Wayne Enterprises does exit in this universe. Now the newspaper date says 2024.

In Flash 20X2 Joe makes a call to Blackgate and his contact is Jim which Blackgate in the comics is a very important place Batman sends the normal thugs, gangs, etc.

So based on that information could/does Batman possibly exist in the universe of being around Oliver is operating or not with actually starting later long after Oliver has vanished both are very real possibilities.

Now for any chance of Superman being active during the time of Oliver/Barry um 100% zero. Basically because a guy flying around like Superman would be noticed world wide.
                      Very true. They might have only meant them as Easter Eggs for those who enjoy that sort of thing (especially since Arrow was inspired by the Nolanverse Bat films), but they could spin it for Batman to still be operating in the shadows. Of all the Justice League, he's the only one who seems to recognize that heroes are better off working in the shadows, especially in modern times. But Superman? Nah, he could only appear at this point in a post-Flash S1 world; although right now probably not since from what I can tell, metahumans are still not known world-wide aside from The Flash. So he would end up facing scrutiny in the same fashion that Henry Cavill's apparently will in Batman vs Superman. Despite the movie being pretty much spelled out in the trailers, I'm looking forward to it since it goes with my view that in this day and age, heroes would be better working in the shadows or understanding that they will be heavily scrutinized for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                        Actually, he didn't rant about just Starling. He also mentioned the 'freak in Central City'. That was the moment they could have, and should have, slipped in references to 'a guy flyin' around Metropolis and some nut dressed as a bat in Gotham'.
                        Eh, maybe, but those are two different kinds of heroes. Flash and Arrow are reclusive heroes. Superman is a very public hero and Batman, despite his attitude, is best friend's with the Commissioner of police. Arrow and Flash have police connections, but Batman and Superman practically have their hands on the pulse of the police. Plus, Central City and Starling City are close together, there's going to be more of a attachment there than with other ones, especially if Batman and Superman were doing superhero stuff first, but not necessarily the kind that Oliver does, which I think was Lance's real point. Batman's biggest threat since starting has likely been the Joker and Superman has probably been taking care of regular threats with the occasional Government covered up alien attack if we'll someday see a Supergirl connection to the Flarrow world, but the most they've both been doing is pummeling regular criminals, stopping maybe the Riddler at the least threatening big threat, the Joker at the highest threat level and for Superman hidden aliens at the highest threat level and trying to get credible legal evidence on bald businessman Lex at his lowest threat level. We've all known that Batman was around at least before season 1 of Arrow, with the Harley Quinn cameo and that's a thing that takes time to create. You gotta have Batman established, then the Joker, then Dr. Harleen Quinzel and it has to all hit eachother to create Harley. God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 12-28-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

In case you wanna know what Garber really looked like in the 70's:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎