Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 4 Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the first episodes will be about the main person looking for another person? A person who we havent seen yet? 5 episodes is like 5 weeks so he would spend 5 weeks to look for someone he doenst even know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
      Before I speculate on next season, let's reflect for a moment on what we know for sure is going to happen. Episode 1 will start off with Oliver and Felicity in Coast City. Leave it to Oliver Queen to go on a honeymoon with a woman other than his new wife. Episode 8 will be the big, annual Flarrow crossover event, so we know Oliver will be back in Star City prior to E8. Episode 9 is the mid-season finale, and it will be used to set up both the big bad for the rest of the season, and to tee up L.O.T. We also know much of next season's drama will come from conflict between Felicity and who ever her father turns out to be. The last thing we know for sure is that Damien Darhk will be the main villain.

Now for speculation; Oliver and Felicity will spend the first 4 or 5 episodes in Coast City searching for Hal Jordan, whom they hinted at as going missing on the Flash. The lovebirds will return to Star City around episode 6 so Oliver can suit back up and repair the bonds with team arrow in time for the e8 crossover. Someone in the first few episodes digs up Sara and put her in the pit. What I would like to see is a scene with laurel and Nyssa in the graveyard digging Sara up. It would be so great to see laurel off the wagon with her and nyssa sharing a bottle and both sloppy @$$ drunk. Let's face it you would have to be drunk to do something like that. I would also like to see nyssa holding back Malcolm and the league while laurel struggles to get Sara into the pit. A crazed Sara coming out of the pit, killing everyone in sight would be awesome. If those things happen, then I think laurel and nyssa would need to stay in Nanda Parbat to help her regain her sanity, this would also give laurel the opportunity to train with the league.
      So the first episodes will be about the main person looking for another person? A person who we havent seen yet? 5 episodes is like 5 weeks so he would spend 5 weeks to look for someone he doenst even know about?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrow
        Yeah. The Season 4 flashbacks should be about Oliver and not a buddy relationship with Hal Jordan. I know many comic book fans (myself excluded) want this, but I think it will take the focus away from Oliver and his journey to who he is in the pilot episode. He had nightmares about being on the island (at least that's what you're led to believe), so he should be back on Lian Yu in Season 5. To me, flashback Coast City doesn't really fit on the path to Season 1. In my opinion, they should keep him around the East China Sea or someplace far from the United States/Starling City.
        How about in the flashbacks that Oliver and Hal are antagonists but develop a grudging respect for each other before Hal vanishes. That would set up the potential for their future friendship without compromising the darkness of Olvier's season four flashbacks.

Originally posted by OPRIAL
        I am wondering first where the idea that Oliver and Felicity would be in Coast City is coming from? I understand why for the flashbacks, FB Oliver got on a boat registered to Coast City, but present day Oliver and Felicity could be anywhere when they get whatever call that prompts them to return to Starling and lets face it, while story wise it would make sense to take some time and explore what Oliver's life would look like if he attempted to live it without the mask, this is Arrow and the writers ALWAYS burn through storyline at a breakneck pace (before then treading water) so that translates to me as Oliver and Fellcity are back home by the end of episode one.

I don't think Felicity is going to find out about owning Palmer Tech until the second episode. As for coming back for Ray's supposed death, they would be no body so I can see a case for them not returning. Coming back wouldn't bring Ray back (except for he part where he won't actually be dead) and one of the main reasons for leaving Starling was leaving all the pain behind them so I would not hold it against them if they had barely hit the highway when reports of his death came down. Or they could just slip in a line about them having come back just briefly for the funeral before returning to the road. Either way works for me.

As for Dahmian Dahrk, he's I'm sure he's going to be the big bad but yeah, no, he's not going to be Felicity's father. He could just feasibly end up being her grandfather though, lol. I mean, if Ra's can have a daughter Felicity's age, it's not so much a stretch to think DD could have had a son Felicity's father's age...who might have gone through a rebellious streak and for about 8 years lived a normal-ish life in Las Vegas. I think it is more likely that her dad will just be a guy that works for DD but I can't rule out the first scenario. Either way, assuming her father has a connection to HIVE and DD, well, that is going to complicate things for her since from the way she and her mother spoke about her father, he's not evil, even if he does have criminal tendencies...but then so does his daughter so, yeah.

I hope we get scenes where Oliver is able to be DIggle's rock as he deals with finding out about Andy's death.

I do expect to have both Sara and Ray get some final set up before they are spun into LoT. For Sara that would be the LP but would it include anyone finding out about her being alive, namely her family? I'd like it but I could see them dragging out answers about her mental state into LoT which would mean that we would have to be left in the dark until then (along with her family). Ray could pop up early or not show up until right before mid season. I suspect that the winter finale big cliff hanger will absolutely be set up for LoT, which kind of annoys me. Arrow should be about Arrow...except I am going to be watching all the shows so I can't stay too mad.

So first episode Oliver comes back. Second one Felicity gets the company and there is general settling in stuff. (aka Oliver learns to work with Laurel and Thea ) Or maybe that would be pushed to the third episode and number two would concentrate on Oliver and Diggle making up. A fourth episode should deal with Diggle finding out about Andy and HIVE though it wouldn't surprise me if the Oliver/Diggle reunion and info on Andy would pop up at the same time. So then last episode to set up LOT (maybe Oliver and Barrry and Sara and Ray get "kidnapped" by Rip Hunter) and the number eight episode the Flarrow crossover. That leaves still four episodes to resurrect Sara, unshrink Ray, get hints about DD, and see whatever Thea and Laurel's storylines will be. The first nine episodes are going to be packed.

Comment

The idea comes from seeing the "Welcome to Coast City" billboard as Oliver and Felicity were driving off.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet we get a hint/reference to the real Ra's (not Malcom) being resurrected by a faithful servant and/or one of his daughters.

At least I'm praying. I'm hoping we get a Ra's/Vandal Savage team up during Legends of Tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
              The idea comes from seeing the "Welcome to Coast City" billboard as Oliver and Felicity were driving off.
              I'm confused. I just went back and rewatched the ending and there is no billboard. Was this from a deleted scene or something? I thought I'd watched the ending enough times, you know, for science, to know if there was a billboard but I was willing to believe I'd been myopically staring at SA's pretty eyes and missed it but I was looking everywhere this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                I'm confused. I just went back and rewatched the ending and there is no billboard. Was this from a deleted scene or something? I thought I'd watched the ending enough times, you know, for science, to know if there was a billboard but I was willing to believe I'd been myopically staring at SA's pretty eyes and missed it but I was looking everywhere this time.
                I thought the Coast City sign was from the Flash episode where Barry got pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                  I'd be willing to bet we get a hint/reference to the real Ra's (not Malcom) being resurrected by a faithful servant and/or one of his daughters.

At least I'm praying. I'm hoping we get a Ra's/Vandal Savage team up during Legends of Tomorrow.
                  Well I can at least tell you that the new Ra's will be back. JB announced that he worked out his contract and is officially back for next season. Personally I think we are more likely to see something between Ra's al Merlyn and Dahmian Dahrk than MM and VS.

And I also think bringing back original recipe Ra's would be a mistake. He's told his story and there are sooo many more stories to be told.

Comment

The Coast City sign was on the Ship when oliver boarded it to go home from Hong Kong. I hope on an episode of Arrow they Bring Sara back but then they move her to The Legends of tomorrow show. It seem Ray will be presumed dead and be in the Legends of Tomorrow show. Then Palmer technologies will be where the new arrow cave will be.

Comment

From what I have read, I am not sure how much of this is spoilers versus speculations. Laurel/Black Canary will become the go-to person for crime fighting in Oliver's absence. However, Diggle will be her equal partner in fighting crime and will need a disguise but chooses to wear a helmet/armor instead of a mask. Diggle may have a bigger role in the Big Bad Guy storline which could make this a big season for his character.

Thea may be the reason Oliver comes back to the city. Apparently, she is having after effects from the Lazarus' Pit. In regards to the LP, after Sara comes out of the Pit, she will suffer some memory loss and be disoriented and wants to kill Laurel for stealing her identity.
                      Last edited by SteelyGal; 07-07-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I just watched a brief interview that Steven Amell gave at comic con.

He said that some more magic is going to find it's way into Arrow. Steven also said like usual Oliver will already have first hand knowledge of from his time in the season 4 flashbacks. Some how when they were putting the show together in season one I don't think magic was pat of the original plan. Other than that I didn't get much information worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                          I just watched a brief interview that Steven Amell gave at comic con.

He said that some more magic is going to find it's way into Arrow. Steven also said like usual Oliver will already have first hand knowledge of from his time in the season 4 flashbacks. Some how when they were putting the show together in season one I don't think magic was pat of the original plan. Other than that I didn't get much information worth while.
                          Hmm..... something that pops up in my mind is that while people focus on the Bratva tattoo and the Shado memorial tattoo, there are also those Asian symbols, which he did not receive during Season 3. My guess is that Season 4 will revolve around something regarding those tattoos, with him doing the Bratva element during Season 5. That would put him at his darkest upon returning to the Island (and they might even have it be that he was originally a 'guest' of ARGUS on the Island and escaped), and thus finishing the flashbacks telling Oliver's time away on the note the series began: with him as the Hood, prepared to compromise any morals he had to in order to fulfill his father's dying wish.

ALthough, when he refers to magic he could be just meaning the fantastical elements the series has adopted post-Season 1. Metahumans, Mirakuru, Lazarus Pits..... Since he was heading for Coast City I'm still hoping for a possible guest star appearance by a pre-Green Lantern Hal Jordan....

Comment

On yesterday's evidence I have a hard time getting excited for the upcoming season. The stuff coming out is 80% Olicity: the couple and each character separately. Darkh is another 15% and the leftovers were information about Thea, Laurel, Malcolm, Quentin and Diggle. Blink and you might miss it. They learned nothing from last season, did they?

The new suit looks cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                              Hmm..... something that pops up in my mind is that while people focus on the Bratva tattoo and the Shado memorial tattoo, there are also those Asian symbols, which he did not receive during Season 3. My guess is that Season 4 will revolve around something regarding those tattoos, with him doing the Bratva element during Season 5. That would put him at his darkest upon returning to the Island (and they might even have it be that he was originally a 'guest' of ARGUS on the Island and escaped), and thus finishing the flashbacks telling Oliver's time away on the note the series began: with him as the Hood, prepared to compromise any morals he had to in order to fulfill his father's dying wish.

ALthough, when he refers to magic he could be just meaning the fantastical elements the series has adopted post-Season 1. Metahumans, Mirakuru, Lazarus Pits..... Since he was heading for Coast City I'm still hoping for a possible guest star appearance by a pre-Green Lantern Hal Jordan....
                              I like that idea for finishing off the flashbacks. Those Asian tattoo's have always bugged me because I have to clue why their there which I thought he was going to get them in season 3. So getting those answered would be nice.

Hmm we will have to see on pre Hal Jordon if they do that. I kind of hoping for at least a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                                On yesterday's evidence I have a hard time getting excited for the upcoming season. The stuff coming out is 80% Olicity: the couple and each character separately. Darkh is another 15% and the leftovers were information about Thea, Laurel, Malcolm, Quentin and Diggle. Blink and you might miss it. They learned nothing from last season, did they?
                                Nope. I'm fearing a new season of The Olicity Diaries, where Thea and Laurel might make a few guest appearances! Guggenheim apparently believes that the Olicity fans on his twitter timeline represent the viewership at large.

The new suit looks cool though.
                                I liked it as well, but a cool suit won't help if the writing is as shoddy as it was last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎