No announcement yet.

Season 4 Speculation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelyGal
    I worry that if Arrow spends too much time trying to set up the story for Legends of Tomorrow, character development for all the Arrow characters will get pushed to the back burner. Mostly, I don't want there to be any lies regarding Sara's return from the dead. It was hard enough to watch Oliver lie to Laurel and Laurel lie to her dad last season.
    I just feel really bad for Capt. Lance. Now this will make it a total of THREE times at the very LEAST that he'll have to mourn his daughter's death. Besides this second time and of course the whole Queen's Gambit incident, now he'll have to deal with it a third time when she finally kicks due to natural causes or is killed off AGAIN. Poor guy. No wonder he's going nuts.

However Lance's whole "I'm going to blame and hate masks every time I lose a family member" is getting very old, fast. I liked him better when he knew were he stood, ready to call on a hero for help when things got so dicey even the police couldn't handle it.

If they don't kill him off this season they really need to make up their minds about him on weather or not he wants heroes as allies or enemies.

Comment

From what I can gather from reading other posts, felicity and Oliver will being spending time in Coast City (long bow hunters, Seattle). Flash episode 22 referenced a Ferris Air pilot that went miss, so I think they will help look for the missing pilot, and the Flash backs will have Oliver learning to fly at Ferris Air. Eventually they find out about Ray and return to star city. Felicity reunites with her father. Whom I'm guessing is professor Martin Stein. Nyssa and Malcolm put Sara in the Lazarus Pit. Laurel and her dad find out about Sara and drama ensues. A major threat that the team can't handle acts as the mid-season finale leading into the new show.

Comment

Originally posted by smllvllfn
        Unfortunately that can't happen, because in the Smallville universe Oliver is married to Chloe.
        Barry could travel through a wormhole to an alternate universe where he meets the other Oliver Queen and his petite blonde computer hacker sidekick and come back and tell Oliver and Felicity all about it.

Comment

I think Malcolm brings Sara back as an attempt to appease Laurel and Nyssa.

-Malcolm: I only had Sara killed so I could become the next Ra's al Ghul. Now I have access to the Lazarus Pit. and I'll bring her back from the dead. No harm no foul, right? Sure, she might be a little crazy but she'll be alive. It'll only last a few seconds, though, and then she'll be fine.

-Laurel: You still killed her, and I'll never forgive you for that.

-Malcolm: But you became the Black Canary. I believe the words you and your fans are searching for are "thank" and "you."

In the flashbacks, Oliver will be on a ship bound for Coast City when it gets hijacked by Russian pirates. He's then taken to yet another island where he runs into Anatoly. I only say this because I think Coast City is the wrong direction for the flashbacks and I'm not sure I really want origin Green Lantern on Arrow. Let the easter eggs be easter eggs and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrow
            I think Malcolm brings Sara back as an attempt to appease Laurel and Nyssa.

-Malcolm: I only had Sara killed so I could become the next Ra's al Ghul. Now I have access to the Lazarus Pit. and I'll bring her back from the dead. No harm no foul, right? Sure, she might be a little crazy but she'll be alive. It'll only last a few seconds, though, and then she'll be fine.

-Laurel: You still killed her, and I'll never forgive you for that.

-Malcolm: But you became the Black Canary. I believe the words you and your fans are searching for are "thank" and "you."

In the flashbacks, Oliver will be on a ship bound for Coast City when it gets hijacked by Russian pirates. He's then taken to yet another island where he runs into Anatoly. I only say this because I think Coast City is the wrong direction for the flashbacks and I'm not sure I really want origin Green Lantern on Arrow. Let the easter eggs be easter eggs and nothing more.
            Well on bringing back Sara there is a few different possibility's and the only other one I an think of is Rip Hunt gets the body shortly after they put Sara in her "grave" at the end of the episode named after her and places her in the Lazarus Pit.

On the flashbacks Steven Amell did say in an interview he was headed to Coast City but it could have been just in the present day. I really hope they don't bring in Hal Jordon and like you said leave it as an Easter egg because I don't want Arrow to become a spring board for superheroes. Plus the season 3 flashbacks I think were more of telling Maseo's story than they were Oliver's. That's not want needs to happen. Oliver in this season kind of was reduced to a role of a side character in his own show and than they didn't even handle the side characters all that well.

If they knew Roy was leaving since they brought him into the show they should have gave him a flashback episode and probably should have had Roy join Oliver at the end of season 1. That way they cold have had used the most they could out of Roy before sending him off.

Comment

I worry that if Arrow spends too much time trying to set up the story for Legends of Tomorrow, character development for all the Arrow characters will get pushed to the back burner. Mostly, I don't want there to be any lies regarding Sara's return from the dead. It was hard enough to watch Oliver lie to Laurel and Laurel lie to her dad last season.
              This would be my biggest concern for S4.

S3 gave us an idea of what might happen -- they had to fit in Flash, ATOM in Arrow so that they'd both launch as heroes in their own right. This undoubtedly had an impact on Arrow's S3 as a whole. Laurel, Thea and Roy were all able to get some concrete development in spite of this, so there is some hope they'll keep their eyes on the prize re: S4 Arrow.

With Sara being WC my hope is that LOT is her primary show and that she isn't drawn into Arrow-related secrets and lies melodrama ex) "Sara, why didn't you tell us that you're alive again?" Same with Ray, no need for him to be attached to Arrow melodrama, Olicity fallout etc. when LOT should be his primary home.

The worst case scenario would be Arrow getting stuck with threadbare plots and characterizations, so that LOT gets the lion's share of plot/character development. It's great for LOT, but why do this only to leave Arrow with the crumbs re: plot/characterization?

Arrow's characters should never be treated like guest stars on their own show. I think TPTB need to keep this in mind, with LOT and Supergirl drawing their attention in 2015-16 away from Arrow (which, as the senior series, should be viewed as DC TV's flagship series and treated with the respect this status entails). It's Arrow that should set the standard -- and not merely as an afterthought once they're used to launch other shows.

Comment

If no one picks up Constantine, or if he does move to the CW, then I expect Constantine to guest star next season. S.A. has suggested a story line where Constantine is needed in Star City to help Thea deal with the after effects of the Lazarus Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                  Plus the season 3 flashbacks I think were more of telling Maseo's story than they were Oliver's. That's not want needs to happen.
                  Yeah. The Season 4 flashbacks should be about Oliver and not a buddy relationship with Hal Jordan. I know many comic book fans (myself excluded) want this, but I think it will take the focus away from Oliver and his journey to who he is in the pilot episode. He had nightmares about being on the island (at least that's what you're led to believe), so he should be back on Lian Yu in Season 5. To me, flashback Coast City doesn't really fit on the path to Season 1. In my opinion, they should keep him around the East China Sea or someplace far from the United States/Starling City.

Comment

Oliver and Nyssa marraige will be anulled and Nyssa will become part of team arrow with her main gold of take out Malcolm. Sara will be brought back by using the Pit and when it does it will
                    get Officer Lance off Of Olivers back so he can become the Arrow again. Also Oliver and Felicity will get married and Felicity and Lyla will run the Arrow cave.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Arrow
                      Yeah. The Season 4 flashbacks should be about Oliver and not a buddy relationship with Hal Jordan. I know many comic book fans (myself excluded) want this, but I think it will take the focus away from Oliver and his journey to who he is in the pilot episode. He had nightmares about being on the island (at least that's what you're led to believe), so he should be back on Lian Yu in Season 5. To me, flashback Coast City doesn't really fit on the path to Season 1. In my opinion, they should keep him around the East China Sea or someplace far from the United States/Starling City.
                      Same here on the focus on Oliver. The only way I could see them doing it for season 4 would be like how Slade and Oliver were in season 1 and 2 of Oliver's journey was first but they did I to where you enjoyed seeing their friendship. Because the way I see it is season 4 should be Hal Jordon if any than Russian mafia than season 5 really needs to be Oliver on his own. That way they could show us the Oliver who returned in the pilot as a man on his own. If they have to give him a friend just for someone to talk to don't make them friends.

Now I agree for sure that he focus really needs to get back on the island soon because as they go on all the stuff in season 1 and 2 with Oliver on this island is beginning to have less importance. They really need to get working on the Oliver who almost on accident killed his own mother the first night back because that's how much hell he's been put through.
                      Last edited by Haggard01; 06-14-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Before I speculate on next season, let's reflect for a moment on what we know for sure is going to happen. Episode 1 will start off with Oliver and Felicity in Coast City. Leave it to Oliver Queen to go on a honeymoon with a woman other than his new wife. Episode 8 will be the big, annual Flarrow crossover event, so we know Oliver will be back in Star City prior to E8. Episode 9 is the mid-season finale, and it will be used to set up both the big bad for the rest of the season, and to tee up L.O.T. We also know much of next season's drama will come from conflict between Felicity and who ever her father turns out to be. The last thing we know for sure is that Damien Darhk will be the main villain.

Now for speculation; Oliver and Felicity will spend the first 4 or 5 episodes in Coast City searching for Hal Jordan, whom they hinted at as going missing on the Flash. The lovebirds will return to Star City around episode 6 so Oliver can suit back up and repair the bonds with team arrow in time for the e8 crossover. Someone in the first few episodes digs up Sara and put her in the pit. What I would like to see is a scene with laurel and Nyssa in the graveyard digging Sara up. It would be so great to see laurel off the wagon with her and nyssa sharing a bottle and both sloppy @$$ drunk. Let's face it you would have to be drunk to do something like that. I would also like to see nyssa holding back Malcolm and the league while laurel struggles to get Sara into the pit. A crazed Sara coming out of the pit, killing everyone in sight would be awesome. If those things happen, then I think laurel and nyssa would need to stay in Nanda Parbat to help her regain her sanity, this would also give laurel the opportunity to train with the league.

Comment

Originally posted by tua33915
                          Barry could travel through a wormhole to an alternate universe where he meets the other Oliver Queen and his petite blonde computer hacker sidekick and come back and tell Oliver and Felicity all about it.
                          Chloe's not his sidekick.

Comment

I just think of it as karma for him lying to her in season 2.

Comment

When reading the cast list for the legends of tomorrow. Oliver, Laurel, Sara, Diggle and Ray will be in that show for a couple of episodes but Felicity will not appear in the Legends of tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                                When reading the cast list for the legends of tomorrow. Oliver, Laurel, Sara, Diggle and Ray will be in that show for a couple of episodes but Felicity will not appear in the Legends of tomorrow.
                                That's what EBR said as well. (About Felicity) It makes sense to limit crossovers into LoT. Just too many characters to introduce from the regular cast and too few episodes to do it. It makes more sense to expect characters on LoT to pop over to Arrow and Flash if they want them to interact with the rest of the cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎