Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1875
  1. #31
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I think it would be absolutely ridiculous if Oliver went to Coast City for an extended period of time. Mostly because someone is bound to recognise him there.

    Then again, he was able to go to Starling City without anyone recognising him.

    agreed, also think it kinda kills the whole "he survived on an island for 5 years" thing if for a 2nd year he is not on the island at all

  2. #32
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by screamthepoetry View Post
    agreed, also think it kinda kills the whole "he survived on an island for 5 years" thing if for a 2nd year he is not on the island at all
    Technically he was on an island in Season Three flashbacks just not on Lian Yu because Hong Kong does have a couple of islands including Hong Kong Island.

  3. #33
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Technically he was on an island in Season Three flashbacks just not on Lian Yu because Hong Kong does have a couple of islands including Hong Kong Island.
    bahaha and i bet he goes to a small island just off the coast of Coast city... oh how this show does love its technicalities

  4. #34
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by Halberdier17 View Post
    Technically he was on an island in Season Three flashbacks just not on Lian Yu because Hong Kong does have a couple of islands including Hong Kong Island.
    It was always an island though not islands...

  5. #35
    New In Town
    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    17
    My current thoughts on next season:

    IF Oliver does end up in Coast City in the flashbacks, it's certainly possible that people would know his name and not know what he looks like (i.e. he's more of a local celebrity vs. national). Also, it does seem like the "island" is meant to be physical and/or metaphorical. Regardless, Oliver's Bratva ties and how he learns to fly would be logical points for exploration.

    The explosion at Palmer Technologies would seem like the catalyst for the return to Starling City (assuming they do go with a "Ray is incapacitated" storyline). An investigator or someone affiliated with the company will likely end up tracking down Felicity and Oliver and will inform them of what she actually signed.

    Oliver will arguably need to find some source of income once he's back in Starling and back to being a vigilante. While they could have Felicity sign over ownership rights, I could see TPTB opting to explore the "Oliver as mayor" story at some point while he's still "retired". Not only would it give him a job (considering the position could still be vacant), it would also provide a potential opportunity to reclaim some of his seized equipment (if they don't want him starting from scratch) AND it would make for an interesting twist in his relationship with Quentin.

    Diggle will probably start digging into his brother's murder and something will happen to cause him to be in over his head. If he doesn't ask Oliver directly, then it'll either be Felicity or Lyla asking for help on Diggle's behalf and that will be the catalyst for pushing Oliver & Dig towards a reconciliation (and possibly Oliver becoming the Arrow again).

    My first guess for when Oliver puts the mask back on would be around the mid-season finale. I could certainly see them stretching it out that long. Whether or not he stays out of the field until then will be the million dollar question. It really depends on when Legends of Tomorrow premieres.

  6. #36
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,876
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmorgan View Post
    My current thoughts on next season:

    IF Oliver does end up in Coast City in the flashbacks, it's certainly possible that people would know his name and not know what he looks like (i.e. he's more of a local celebrity vs. national). Also, it does seem like the "island" is meant to be physical and/or metaphorical. Regardless, Oliver's Bratva ties and how he learns to fly would be logical points for exploration.

    The explosion at Palmer Technologies would seem like the catalyst for the return to Starling City (assuming they do go with a "Ray is incapacitated" storyline). An investigator or someone affiliated with the company will likely end up tracking down Felicity and Oliver and will inform them of what she actually signed.

    Oliver will arguably need to find some source of income once he's back in Starling and back to being a vigilante. While they could have Felicity sign over ownership rights, I could see TPTB opting to explore the "Oliver as mayor" story at some point while he's still "retired". Not only would it give him a job (considering the position could still be vacant), it would also provide a potential opportunity to reclaim some of his seized equipment (if they don't want him starting from scratch) AND it would make for an interesting twist in his relationship with Quentin.

    Diggle will probably start digging into his brother's murder and something will happen to cause him to be in over his head. If he doesn't ask Oliver directly, then it'll either be Felicity or Lyla asking for help on Diggle's behalf and that will be the catalyst for pushing Oliver & Dig towards a reconciliation (and possibly Oliver becoming the Arrow again).

    My first guess for when Oliver puts the mask back on would be around the mid-season finale. I could certainly see them stretching it out that long. Whether or not he stays out of the field until then will be the million dollar question. It really depends on when Legends of Tomorrow premieres.
    Legends of Tomorrow will premiere mid-season (roughly January 2016).

    I agree that since it is the CW, and Oliver has had the whole mentality of 'can't be involved with someone and be a vigilante/hero at the same time' for the past 3 seasons, that they will draw out his return to the field so as to milk his current relationship with Felicity. Season 3's ending was pretty good.... if it had been a series finale. With it being a season finale and the CW loving their drama, I personally don't see Felicity and Oliver managing to stay together. Especially since he still has a penchant for secrets. Or am I the only one who saw the shadow of the vigilante when he spoke to Malcolm in the finale about never forgiving him for Sara and Thea?

    In other news.... John Barrowman posted a pic of him and David Ramsey on FB from a recent show, and one thing he said was "See you in July, David." So one can assume he will at least retain recurring guest star status on Arrow as Malcolm/Ra's.

  7. #37
    New In Town
    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    In other news.... John Barrowman posted a pic of him and David Ramsey on FB from a recent show, and one thing he said was "See you in July, David." So one can assume he will at least retain recurring guest star status on Arrow as Malcolm/Ra's.
    You're not the only one. Barrowman is a series regular (even though he wasn't really utilized as a regular). They clearly needed something to keep Barrowman around which is why Malcolm technically fulfills the Ra's al Ghul prophecy, why Nyssa knealt before him, and why Oliver gave him the league (despite knowing the possibilities w/ Malcolm in charge). Obviously, Malcolm will do something to restart the feud with Oliver. Perhaps Malcolm aligns himself (and the league) with Vandal Savage. It would be an option for explaining why Oliver knows about Savage (per the Legends trailer) and why he's back in the field.

  8. #38
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmorgan View Post
    You're not the only one. Barrowman is a series regular (even though he wasn't really utilized as a regular). They clearly needed something to keep Barrowman around which is why Malcolm technically fulfills the Ra's al Ghul prophecy, why Nyssa knealt before him, and why Oliver gave him the league (despite knowing the possibilities w/ Malcolm in charge). Obviously, Malcolm will do something to restart the feud with Oliver. Perhaps Malcolm aligns himself (and the league) with Vandal Savage. It would be an option for explaining why Oliver knows about Savage (per the Legends trailer) and why he's back in the field.
    Yep. Malcome is essentially this show's Crowly for you supernatural fans. He's the one "main villain" that won't most likely die until either closer to the end of the series or when the actor has contract issues and parts with the show, which ever comes first.

    As for season 4: While Coast City is most certainly an option, I don't see Oliver staying there too long in present day. Maybe for a few days until they find out about the Palmer Tech building incident.

    As for flashbacks: I'd LOVE a Hal Jordan/Oliver buddy team up somehow. That would all but confirm Green Lantern sometime down the line and cause an interweb explosion lol. Although Flash DID technically do that already.

  9. #39
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    106
    well based on the comics, green arrow and green lantern had a whole run together, not saying they will do this here, but maybe a flashback oliver and non green lantern hal jordan run for season 4, then the last episode will be where hal jordan disappears in the flashbacks and oliver somehow winding back up on lian yu

  10. #40
    New In Town Sunfayrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    23
    I think season 4 will be a bit "lighter" in tone in present day, but I think the flashbacks are going to have to be pretty dark. This is Oliver's Russia time and will be becoming a Bravta Captain. As much a Anatoly likes Oliver, I doubt he just lets him get that tattoo. It's going to have to be earned. Arrow is not going to turn into the Flash in terms of tone, there're might be some more comedic moments but its proably going to be at Oliver's expense. I kinda see him as the long suffering older brother/cousin stuck watching his wild younger relatives.

    In terms of Olicity, that relationship will most likely implod by the midseason finale. There was never enough on screen development made to make it believable let alone lasting. Felicity will most likely go off running either PT or her own company by the end of the season. As for Damien Darke being Felicity's dad, I seriously doubt it since Arrow already has a monopoly on evil supervillan dads...Malcolm Meryln, Ra's al Gul, and even to extent Robert Queen but he fits in more of the "bad dad" catergory. I think Felicity's dad is actually Martin Stien...he's Jewish and went to MIT. Two huge Felicity nods. Plus they're in the same comic and it would be a silly easter egg switch to have him to be her dad since she's Ronnie's step mom in the comic. There's also licensing issues with DC to take into account. DC didn't let Arrow use "Oracle" for Felicity's episode title, I doubt they'd let them have her be Damien Darke's daughter. Arrow can play fast and lose with certain things from the comics, mainly in switching story arcs around or using reconned Batman stories, but its all still licened material that has to be approved by DC.

    What I would like to see in Season 4 is Laurel get her metahuman Canary Cry. It would actually be cool if the writer's switched things up from "Longbow Hunters" where Dinah is captured and loses her Canary Cry to Laurel getting captured and having her cry come out. They've already teased that not all metahumans got their powers from the particle accelerator explosion and they could possible be born with them. If Laurel was born a metahuman she would need a tramtic event to have her powers show themselves. It would also be a good way to show that Eobard Thrawn is still around and have him orchestrate the whole thing. Laurel getting kindnapped by Eobard would get Oliver back as the Arrow, we'd have the big Flarrow cross over and tee up LOT all at the same time.

  11. #41
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    268
    When they Bring Sara back for the legends of Tomorrow show will it be a crossover with Arrow?

  12. #42
    Forum Whiz
    Join Date
    Dec 13
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by acer15 View Post
    When they Bring Sara back for the legends of Tomorrow show will it be a crossover with Arrow?
    Doubtful. If they want to make her a LOT signature character, they need to keep her off of Arrow. Plus, we don't even know if Laurel will know of her coming back to life or if Sara will try to keep it a secret in order for the whole "new and separate life" thing.

    The only thing realistically I see them bringing in Sara or any other of the LOT group in is for the more "end of the world" story lines either flash or arrow may want to try.

  13. #43
    Site Groupie SteelyGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfayrie View Post
    ...In terms of Olicity, that relationship will most likely implod by the midseason finale. There was never enough on screen development made to make it believable let alone lasting. Felicity will most likely go off running either PT or her own company by the end of the season. As for Damien Darke being Felicity's dad, I seriously doubt it since Arrow already has a monopoly on evil supervillan dads...Malcolm Meryln, Ra's al Gul, and even to extent Robert Queen but he fits in more of the "bad dad" catergory. I think Felicity's dad is actually Martin Stien...he's Jewish and went to MIT. Two huge Felicity nods. Plus they're in the same comic and it would be a silly easter egg switch to have him to be her dad since she's Ronnie's step mom in the comic. There's also licensing issues with DC to take into account. DC didn't let Arrow use "Oracle" for Felicity's episode title, I doubt they'd let them have her be Damien Darke's daughter. Arrow can play fast and lose with certain things from the comics, mainly in switching story arcs around or using reconned Batman stories, but its all still licened material that has to be approved by DC....
    I'm not sure what will happen to that relationship. I feel the showrunners have invested too much time and energy to let it go. But whatever direction they take it, I hope other characters don't get caught up in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfayrie View Post
    What I would like to see in Season 4 is Laurel get her metahuman Canary Cry. It would actually be cool if the writer's switched things up from "Longbow Hunters" where Dinah is captured and loses her Canary Cry to Laurel getting captured and having her cry come out. They've already teased that not all metahumans got their powers from the particle accelerator explosion and they could possible be born with them. If Laurel was born a metahuman she would need a tramtic event to have her powers show themselves. It would also be a good way to show that Eobard Thrawn is still around and have him orchestrate the whole thing. Laurel getting kindnapped by Eobard would get Oliver back as the Arrow, we'd have the big Flarrow cross over and tee up LOT all at the same time.
    I also want Laurel to get her Canary Cry and think that would be an interesting way for it to occur.

  14. #44
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by acer15 View Post
    When they Bring Sara back for the legends of Tomorrow show will it be a crossover with Arrow?
    S.Amell has said that one of the actors from Arrow would be appearing on all 3 shows. The producers have said much of the story behind LOT will be told on the other shows before LOT even premieres. Look for arrow to push the lot story with subplots and flash backs next season. The whole Ray blowing up his lab and Sara going into the pit are plot points that need to be resolved on Arrow before the new show starts. I personally think the Arrow writers will be unable to resist the temptation for all the drama a meeting between Sara, laurel and captain lance would provide.

  15. #45
    Site Groupie SteelyGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Posts
    3,445
    I worry that if Arrow spends too much time trying to set up the story for Legends of Tomorrow, character development for all the Arrow characters will get pushed to the back burner. Mostly, I don't want there to be any lies regarding Sara's return from the dead. It was hard enough to watch Oliver lie to Laurel and Laurel lie to her dad last season.

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •