2 5.00%

2 5.00%

4 10.00%

2 5.00%
  • 1 - Meh. That was it?

4 10.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I guess that makes sense, even though Oliver should have double-crossed Malcolm, but why would the League and Nyssa go along with it? They should tear him apart.

On another note, didn't the writers also say this season what that thing with Komodo was all about?

I really hope Season Four is better but seeing as half the Executive Producers are starting work on new productions (Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, I think that's what it's called), Arrow will just fall by the wayside.
    I suspect in the League's code, whoever has Ra's' ring commands respect and subordination. Like you, I also wondered why Nyssa went along. Or why she went back to the league at all, seeing as she liked training Laurel. Contrived stuff from start to finish.

Komodo was probably similar to Cupid. A recurring secondary villain. I'm guessing he'll pop up again. Maybe he would have joined the Suicide Squad if the show wasn't forbidden from using it.

Season 4 might be even more different than this one. I know Kreisberg wrote this episode, but it feels like he's been more preoccupied with the Flash, while Berlanti has worked on Supergirl. I think only Marc Guggenheim worked extensively on Arrow this season and even he may be passing over the reigns to work on the spinoff. Whoever becomes the regular showrunner, hopefully they'll go back to basics.

I thought it was pretty ridiculous.

Malcolm just gets to take over the league of assassins because he has the Ra's finger ring thing? I get the whole sword prophecy bit, but that's really what this amounts to, since they made the point of having Oliver give the ring to Malcolm. What planet is this? Nyssa, who wouldn't bow to her own father and helped Oliver betray him, is going to bow to Malcolm? Did Flash travel back in time already? Is this the Flashpoint universe? What is going on?

Police officers hold their fire "until they have a clear shot" on two men who are standing still and talking to each other... then, one of them impales the other with a sword, and they shoot him several times, all without ever announcing their presence? WTF was that?!

I hated the Ra's vs. Oliver fight. It's a classic example of a character who could barely land a blow the first time they faced each other randomly winning a fight he should lose just because it's that point in our story where the hero needs to win.

Aside from Damien Dark being setup for next season, what was the purpose of his decoy's presence? Ra's was still going to attack the city. Under the word "redundant" in the dictionary, it says, "see redundant".

Since when can Felicity operate the ATOM suit like that?

If Oliver is leaving the team, why does Diggle leave, too?

Oliver and Felicity driving off into the sunset felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO "season finale". I'm assuming something dramatic will happen in season 4 that forces Oliver back into action? Haven't seen that before.

Flash shows up to save the day, then leaves for no good reason. I said this in the Flash side of the forums... the crossover potential for these episodes is both a treasure and a curse. On the one hand, YAY, Flash! On the other hand, an entire city of people is in horrible danger and Flash... leaves. Because "Oliver's got this". Seriously, commit, or don't commit. Dipping it in sugar first doesn't make the giant middle finger to the audience any sweeter.

The only thing I enjoyed about the episode was the flashbacks, despite the fact that one could easily make the argument that they were superfluous and should have happened in a prior episode.

Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    I suspect in the League's code, whoever has Ra's' ring commands respect and subordination. Like you, I also wondered why Nyssa went along. Or why she went back to the league at all, seeing as she liked training Laurel. Contrived stuff from start to finish.
    My only hope for that part of the show is that Nyssa is there to undermine Malcolm from within.

Settling In
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    My only hope for that part of the show is that Nyssa is there to undermine Malcolm from within.
    She was very hesitant to bow down to him so I believe you have a point there.

Just formally announced Caity Lotz will be playing the White Canary on the spinoff show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150514_092517.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	16567  
    Last edited by Carmine-Infantino; 05-14-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post

Komodo was probably similar to Cupid. A recurring secondary villain. I'm guessing he'll pop up again. Maybe he would have joined the Suicide Squad if the show wasn't forbidden from using it.

Season 4 might be even more different than this one. I know Kreisberg wrote this episode, but it feels like he's been more preoccupied with the Flash, while Berlanti has worked on Supergirl. I think only Marc Guggenheim worked extensively on Arrow this season and even he may be passing over the reigns to work on the spinoff. Whoever becomes the regular showrunner, hopefully they'll go back to basics.
    Contrived definitely.

I'm sure the writers mentioned that we were supposed to see Komodo again this season. Or, at least, explain his purpose this season.

It does feel like a lot more effort has gone into The Flash this season than Arrow. Maybe because it's the first season but the quality of the Flash does seem a lot better than the Arrow this year. I can imagine that Season Four will be quite similar to this one, if not worse. Especially if the next season is supposed to be "lighter". I can just imagine loads of irritating Felicity scenes.

New In Town
    awful end to an awful season.

After Raa's starting off so awesome they've completely butchered him in the last few episodes.
    I mean how big of a fool is he really? Did he truly expect Oliver Queen to destroy his entire city and his friends? Why?
    the ease with which Oliver takes Raas for a ride is disturbing. It's only been 3 weeks!!! I doubt Slade or even Malcolm would have been this easily fooled.

Their final confrontation is shocking aswel. Barely see whats going on with them fighting in the dark and wearing identical costumes. The Olicity pandering went to a whole new level aswel.

To be honest I doubt I'm tuning into season 4. Season 1 was great. 2 was good. 3 has been shambolic. byebye Arrow

Settling In
    I find it funny that Guggenheim is apparently Satan while Kriesberg (your DC Lord and Savior) writes what you all consider to be the worst episode of the series and he gets a cop out because "he's preoccupied with Flash"

Good Lord you all are insufferable. This season has not been perfect by any stretch of the imagination (ahem Olicity ramped up to 1000% for the Tumblr fangirls) but you all act like the apocalypse is nigh. This show is still good and at worst decent enough. If you don't like it then by all means please wait until it comes out on Netflix or whatever because by watching it live or on DVR within a week you are sending a message to the studios that you appreciate the direction of the show.

Rant over.

Something tells me no one on the team, including Felicity, will be fine with Ollie handing over the LOA to Malcolm. I'm assuming Ollie telling Malcolm that he'll never forgive him for what he's done to Sara and Thea was supposed to soften the blow to this unpalatable arrangement when all his deal would do is give Malcolm the means to launch more mayhem on a grander scale. This is one secret/lie that will be nearly impossible to justify -- to anyone -- if(when) Malcolm misuses this power. I am truly hoping that Nyssa is going to try to undermine him at every turn and that an internal LOA civil war breaks out. There's still a reckoning due re: Sara's death.

Most fans want the shipper melodrama to be dialed down on this series, esp. myself (I wanted it set aside this season so that all hands on-deck could focus on ... more and better character development? ... but we all know what happened -- they went with full-throttle Olicity, which ultimately did little in my books to help either of them on the character development front). When they gave Felicity an actual backstory episode this season, I had hopes they were going to further develop her -- and this is key here -- outside of the Olicity bubble. Then it seems they either scaled it back or neglected it completely as the season went on, opting for the well-worn shipper melodrama route.

I can accept Ollie struggling with his identity, as this was a season-long theme -- but to have Ollie as totally lost and rudderless as a hero or as a character -- until Felicity (and in many cases in S3, Felicity alone) steps in to pep-talk/spoon-feed him with nuggets of alleged wisdom to take an action or decision ... this is what more than a few viewers have issue with. No one else's advice counts -- but Felicity's does. Because she loves him. Maybe we'll be lucky in S4 and it will be Team Arrow without the melodrama, but Ollie and Felicity driving off into the sunset, their minds (and common sense) clouded by gooey hearts of love in their eyes, makes me think otherwise. If this were The Flash, they could leave it at that and let them be a couple in love. It would be boring viewing for me, but it would fit in Barry's universe. But on Arrow? There's no chance in Hades they will leave Olicity to remain blissful.

In the universe the series has established, it's a glass half-empty one. Happiness comes rarely and when it does, they've shown that they're not afraid to snatch it back or even tear it apart. They've made Olicity into a giant subplot on its own -- so engineering its fall, and likely a hard one at that, will be irresistible to them. Considering how much they've borrowed from the Batman mythos, it's almost a given. The final scene was basically stating: enjoy the sunset for now ... the darkness is coming.

The Felicity-as-ATOM rescue scene only underlines what many Arrow viewers unattached to any particular ship feel: that they've turned Felicity from an interesting, independent character from S1 and part of S2 into yet another CW Network romantic foil whose fate will be invested in how well or poorly they fare with the protagonist. We can only hope that we'll get a bit of that S1-2 Felicity back in S4 and they leave S3 Felicity behind with the wreckage of that big cargo plane that Ollie operated so expertly.

(Does anyone else think the Flash could just as easily have done the last-minute save of Ollie at the dam? It would have been so easy to put that in and then have Barry go: "You're ok? I gotta run and deal with Wells.")

It's no surprise that the characters who got their personal melodrama scaled back or at least pushed into the background -- Laurel, Thea and Roy -- became my favourite characters of the season. And Diggle stepping out of the limelight will be hard, especially since the team will need his no-crap common sense advice now more than ever.

I'd have to agree that there wasn't much of a "hook"/cliffhanger in this finale, compared to previous seasons. It seemed they wanted to wrap up as many loose ends and conclude subplots as they could. And it did have a bit of a clearing-the-decks vibe to it. They did a good job in S3 building up some of the supporting characters (a plus), while focusing way too much time on some of the melodramatic subplots (a definite minus). It's not all on Olicity, but it was clearly part of the problem.

While entertaining and good enough as a season finale, this was a weaker finale for a generally weaker season.

Oh, I loved the finale. I liked how most of the show has been wrapped up. I still want to know who supplied Oliver with all the equipment in the foundry. I am still left asking exactly why was Slade so angry with Oliver. I am still left with why Malcolm felt he had to kill Sara. I know people have said so that he could involve Oliver in his blood feud, but it still does not answer why he would involve Thea, Sara and everyone else in the blood feud.
    The thing that has bothered me is how ray palmer becomes CEO so easily, and how it is simply the signing of a document to hand ownership of the company to Felicity - where are the shareholders and the Board.
    The storylines that are unresolved for me are:
    1. McKenna. I wanted to see her return
    2. Walter - he was backing Oliver to get the company back. I would have liked to see Thea interact with him this season
    3. Not enough shirtless Oliver *sigh*
    4. the convenience of travel between Nanda Parbat and Starling City.
    5. Ray introduced "Star City" and that concept did not go further.

I really liked the different use of colours in this season. The greyness and blackness of Nanda Parbat, in contrast to the browns and yellows of Hong Kong. the lighting changes in Corto Maltese were also a nice change.

Settling In
    I don't disagree with you there. It was weaker than previous seasons but I thought it fit the theme of the season well enough. Sadly, I think the two points you raised: developing supporting characters while focusing way too much time on the melodramatic plots are tied hand in hand. There would be no way to grow Felicity as a supporting character unless you explored her feelings for Oliver. Diggle let his feelings cloud his judgement (and he had every right to since he didn't know what the plan was). Thea obviously achieved some much needed character growth but that needed a spark, one that initiated her partnership with Malcolm in the beginning of the season. Developing her into a character required going into her well of deep father issues now that we know her real father isn't dead.

I think, while the season as a whole has been about Oliver's identity, the fact remains that the season long arc has been everyone's identity. That required that the emotional stakes were at play over the brute and brawn of previous seasons. I do look forward to Season 4 and I firmly believe and have faith that it will change for the better.

Settling In
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowaddict22 View Post
    3. Not enough shirtless Oliver *sigh*
    And by proxy. I just want to say I hope Thea never changes her wardrobe. Those cut off shirts are one thing I would not want changed going into Season 4

Just confirmed at the CW up fronts, Sara Lance took a dip in the Lazarus Pit. Welcome back Sara

New In Town
    The finale and the season (as a whole) definitely took a hit as a result of the "Berlanti-verse" expansion. For me, the finale was "meh." I definitely had issues with a bunch of things ranging from Felicity suddenly becoming an expert at operating the ill-fitting ATOM suit to Christopher Heyerdahl playing such a small role. While highly unlikely, Heyerdahl could certainly wind up being Damien Darhk. After all, Darhk does have water from the Lazarus Pit. Personally, I liked the ending. It's nice to see shows opt for the occasional wrap up in the finale vs. the standard cliffhanger. It will be interesting to see what stories they end up adapting in addition to present day Oliver being away from Starling City. Perhaps Oliver as mayor is in our future?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetguy03 View Post
    I find it funny that Guggenheim is apparently Satan while Kriesberg (your DC Lord and Savior) writes what you all consider to be the worst episode of the series and he gets a cop out because "he's preoccupied with Flash"
    Kreisberg wrote the story along with Berlanti. And then Guggenheim and Coburn did the teleplay. I'm not particulary high on Kreisberg (although he's clearly a better EP than Guggenheim as evidenced by Arrow and the Flash this season), but I wouldn't blame him entirely for the abomination we saw last night. He's equally responsible as the other 2 showrunners.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast