New Mutants (TBA)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mutants (TBA)

From Newsarama:

Deadline is reporting that a New Mutants movie is in the works with The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone. Boone will reportedly also co-write the film with Knate Gwatlney, with Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner producing. No timeframe was specified for the movie's release.

“We’re so excited to explore this new part of the X-Men universe, and so excited to do it with Josh, who is uniquely suited to tell this story about young characters," says Kinberg.

Boone is currently working on a revamped movie franchise for Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles book series, as well as a film adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand. Deadline reports that both of those are locked in, meaning New Mutantswouldn't begin filming for some time.

This is the fifth announced X-Men film in the works, after X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, the third Wolverine movie and the X-Force movie announced several months ago.

Faults in our Stars was a wonderful movie, one of my favorite chick flicks.

Comment

Aww...so excited!! I wish Jeff, my ksite mafia buddy sees this news. He would be ecstatic. Now for my fancast...

Wolfsbane: Saoirse Ronan
      Cannonball: Scott Michael Foster
      Cypher: Logan Lerman
      Mirage- Devery Jacobs
      Sunspots: Peter Gadiot
      Magma: Anna Sophiarobb
      Magik: Taylor Momsen

Comment

Producer Simon Kinberg has confirmed that a New Mutants spin off movie is in active development and close to casting. Speaking with IGN, Kinberg said that Josh Boone and his writing partner are working on the script and doing a really nice job. It’s maybe not as different as Deadpool, but it has its own unique, original voice to it, describing it as more of a YA tone to it. HitFix then added to the conversation saying that Fox has cast Wolfsbane and Colossus’ younger sister, Magik, with Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor-Joy as the respective mutant younglings. Also expected to join the team is Alexandra Shipp who plays Storm in Apocalypse with other mutants Sunspot and Mirage rumored to be on the team.
        http://collider.com/movie-talk-new-m...suicide-squad/

Comment

From CBR:

In a new interview with ComingSoon.net, rumored “New Mutants” star Anya Taylor-Joy let slip that [SPOILER]James McAvoy’s (“X-Men: Days of Future Past”) Professor X[/SPOILER] will indeed appear in the film, as indicated in previous reports.

Comment

From CBR:

According to BoxOfficePro, the studio has set aside April 13, 2018, for director Josh Boone’s “New Mutants,”

Comment

From CBR:

Two long-running casting rumors were confirmed Thursday with news that Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor-Joy will play Wolfsbane and Magik in Fox’s X-Men spinoff New Mutants.

Comment

No one needs this

Comment

The long anticipated X-Men spinoff movie, is going to be a comic book film that goes in an unusual direction. “We are making a full-fledged horror movie set within the X-Men universe,” director Josh Boone says. “There are no costumes. There are no supervillains. We’re trying to do something very, very different.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/25/the-...-x-men-horror/

Comment

That got me more interested in the movie. I wasn't interested at all.

I'm not really a horror fan (outside of a few things) but I love that they're doing something different.

Comment

Stranger Things’ star Charlie Heaton in talks to join the cast...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...utants-1002902

Comment

Newcomer Blu Hunt has been cast as Danielle Moonstar in Fox’s X-Men spinoff.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...r-role-1009703

Comment

Alice Braga has joined the cast. Braga, who stars in USA's Queen of the South, is replacing Rosario Dawson, who has exited the project. It's unclear why Rosario has stepped down from the role.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-exits-1017960

Comment

Comment

The teaser looks really good. I love that they released the trailer exactly 6 months before the movie's release date.

They released the trailer on Friday the 13th in October the movie releases on Friday the 13th in April.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎