No announcement yet.

Constantine Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TyrantLord
    Meh. It was basically supernatural 2.0 TV wise.
    But Supernatural borrowed so much from Constantine that it isn't a fair comparison.

Comment

Even more reason for The CW to pick up Constantine.

“Arrow” showrunner Marc Guggenheim admitted that “there’s a lot of desire on everyone’s part” to bring the character into the shared DC TV universe he created with Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, telling Variety, “It would be wonderful and we certainly have a million ideas — it’s hard for me to say mainly because A: it’s not my decision to make and B: with ‘Constantine’ being shopped around to other networks… it’s really hard to make plans when a show’s kind of in limbo.”

While John Constantine would arguably be a natural addition to the “Arrow” universe given the comic book character’s familiarity with supernatural phenomena, Guggenheim cautioned that, “a lot of the pieces are in place, except for that one final piece, which is what’s the fate of ‘Constantine’? That’s the tricky thing. But it comes up in the writers’ room constantly — we have a number of ideas, one idea that’s particularly exciting to me. We’re in a little bit of a wait-and-see mode, like you guys are.”
      Could Constantine cross over with Arrow or another DC show after NBC cancelled the supernatural series? Arrow's boss weighs the possibility.

Comment

Daniel Cerone confirms that discussions are ongoing with The CW for a pickup. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
          But Supernatural borrowed so much from Constantine that it isn't a fair comparison.
          Let's face facts though: While yes, Constantine as a comic character probably came out long before Supernatural did.

But when it comes to TV? Supernatural came out first.

Therefore, when talking about the two, most are going to assume Constantine copied/borrowed from Supernatural first before doing research.

Besides, aside from a few visual and/or f/x differences, they literally really are the same stories.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            Let's face facts though: While yes, Constantine as a comic character probably came out long before Supernatural did.

But when it comes to TV? Supernatural came out first.

Therefore, when talking about the two, most are going to assume Constantine copied/borrowed from Supernatural first before doing research.

Besides, aside from a few visual and/or f/x differences, they literally really are the same stories.
            Have to agree here. Besides it was the task of Constantine to create something 'special'. The story telling was solid, as was the acting but there was nothing outstanding with the show.
            But I have to add that there are way worse shows out there and I would actually watch a second season. I think the show has some potential.

Comment

And its offically dead for good. Hopefully we will get a cameo on arrow or lucifer.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                And its offically dead for good. Hopefully we will get a cameo on arrow or lucifer.
                Yeah i just read that too. Sad especially since there was so much potential there too u know? I agree that i hope we will see the cast show up on Arrow, Lucifer or maybe even Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  Yeah i just read that too. Sad especially since there was so much potential there too u know? I agree that i hope we will see the cast show up on Arrow, Lucifer or maybe even Flash.
                  Maybe If it was JUST Constantine himself for a guest appearance maybe...

But the rest of the Constantine cast? I think even Team Arrow would be SERIOUSLY underpowered battling ANGELS and DEMONS. Not with out divine help of their own (Zatara, Dr. fate, etc.). Way too early for that kind of crossover.

Comment

Yeah i was just spitballing. Youre right the Constantine character would b great in a cameo. Then once we get further down the line i could see more characters.

Comment

Trailer for the CW Seed animated series released at NYCC.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎